Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Great rivalry
jaybird44 Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: old dominion,va
Great rivalry
Just to throw this out to all you younger folks. There is a rivalry that is so underrated. For years old dominion and vcu have played on front of packed houses. The hatred is there and just about all games go to the wire. If you want to see some very entertaining basketball, tune into NBC sports today at 5 pm. You will not be disappointed.
12-12-2020 06:06 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

quo vadis Offline
Legend

I Root For: USF/Georgetown
RE: Great rivalry
(12-12-2020 06:06 AM)jaybird44 Wrote:  Just to throw this out to all you younger folks. There is a rivalry that is so underrated. For years old dominion and vcu have played on front of packed houses. The hatred is there and just about all games go to the wire. If you want to see some very entertaining basketball, tune into NBC sports today at 5 pm. You will not be disappointed.

I don't doubt this, but I have found all college hoops so far to be unwatchable. The empty stands have sucked the life out of the games, have made them feel like empty gym Saturday morning scrimmages. The NBA did a great job of creating an ersatz ambience, with sound effects and the virtual viewers.

College hoops needs to do the same. These games just seem fake to me, as Coach K said, they are just ploughing through them to get results on the books to hold a tournament. And yes, I suspect K said this because his team has struggled, but he is right nevertheless.
12-12-2020 08:32 AM
esayem Offline
Hark The Sound!

I Root For: Olde Ironclad
Interesting. Great basketball is played across the world in front of hardly any spectators all the time. I’ve seen some awesome games this season thus far, and it’s cool to hear what the players are saying. Competition is competition, the fans are icing on the cake. Coach K might be blaming his losses on the fact the Crazies aren’t there to help.
12-12-2020 09:44 AM
RUScarlets Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Rutgers
(12-12-2020 09:44 AM)esayem Wrote:  Interesting. Great basketball is played across the world in front of hardly any spectators all the time. I’ve seen some awesome games this season thus far, and it’s cool to hear what the players are saying. Competition is competition, the fans are icing on the cake. Coach K might be blaming his losses on the fact the Crazies aren’t there to help.

Exactly... I mean watch the Dream Team documentaries about the practices. Obviously rabid fans were hounding them as soon as they walked out the door but still, these are athletes. You've played most of your life with little to no spectators up till very recently.
12-12-2020 09:56 AM
Advertisement

IWokeUpLikeThis Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: NIU, Chicago St
2000’s CAA with GMU/VCU/ODU/JMU/W&M was one of the funner leagues to watch. George Mason & VCU Final 4’s. ODU had some good teams. W&M popped VCU’s bubble in the CAA semifinals one year.
12-12-2020 10:11 AM
jaybird44 Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: old dominion,va
Guess I was wrong this year, man, what a stinker lol
12-12-2020 10:50 PM
Todor Offline
Heisman

I Root For: New Mexico State
(12-12-2020 08:32 AM)quo vadis Wrote:  
(12-12-2020 06:06 AM)jaybird44 Wrote:  Just to throw this out to all you younger folks. There is a rivalry that is so underrated. For years old dominion and vcu have played on front of packed houses. The hatred is there and just about all games go to the wire. If you want to see some very entertaining basketball, tune into NBC sports today at 5 pm. You will not be disappointed.

I don't doubt this, but I have found all college hoops so far to be unwatchable. The empty stands have sucked the life out of the games, have made them feel like empty gym Saturday morning scrimmages. The NBA did a great job of creating an ersatz ambience, with sound effects and the virtual viewers.

College hoops needs to do the same. These games just seem fake to me, as Coach K said, they are just ploughing through them to get results on the books to hold a tournament. And yes, I suspect K said this because his team has struggled, but he is right nevertheless.

Many schools are doing this, with crowd sound effects, bands playing the fight song, cheers etc. At least the games I’ve been watching.
12-13-2020 01:42 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.