Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

WBB Game #5 vs George Washington Dec 9 4:00 PM
Bookmark and Share
ParentofJMUMRDs Offline
Heisman

I Root For: JMU
WBB Game #5 vs George Washington Dec 9 4:00 PM
The Lady Dukes face off against GW this afternoon at the AUBC for the 5th game of the season. Working on a 2 game win streak looking forward to making it three.

Game will be broadcast on NBCSports Wasington + (note the plus not the usual NBCSW channel_ and on FloSports. Will be tuning in.

Go Dukes!!

Brian
(This post was last modified: 12-09-2020 06:23 PM by ParentofJMUMRDs.)
12-09-2020 02:19 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Longhorn Offline
Hall of Famer

RE: WBB Game #5 vs George Wasgington Dec 8 4:00 PM
Women off to a very poor start. Passive. Only 9 pts. in 1st Qtr.
12-09-2020 04:30 PM
HyperDuke Offline
Hall of Famer

Great run 32-25 dukes
12-09-2020 04:47 PM
HyperDuke Offline
Hall of Famer

2 mins left in the first half.
12-09-2020 04:48 PM
Duke Dawg Offline
Heisman

I Root For: James Madison
43 of 52 points from freshmen and 1 sophomore (jefferson) today
12-09-2020 05:21 PM
Bawlmer Duke Offline
1st String

Did anyone check on ParentofJMUMRDs? Wasgington? Dec 8?

Maybe started drinking early today? Or gave up looking at a calendar like most of us have?
12-09-2020 06:04 PM
Advertisement

ParentofJMUMRDs Offline
Heisman

Bawlmer Duke

I be OK just can not type to save my life!!! Maybe my upcoming cataract surgery next week will help!

Brian
12-09-2020 06:22 PM
orange-to-purple Offline
1st String

I Root For: Tennessee, JMU,
RE: WBB Game #5 vs George Washington Dec 9 4:00 PM
Who were those godawful refs and where were they from? Only thing they did right was call that T on Rizzotti, and if she'd kept her mask on they probably wouldn't have called it.
12-09-2020 06:57 PM
Dukesfan71 Offline
1st String

I Root For: JMU Dukes
Enjoyed the last three quarters. Jefferson looks big time to me.
12-09-2020 07:06 PM
Wear Purple Offline
Hall of Famer

(12-09-2020 07:06 PM)Dukesfan71 Wrote:  Enjoyed the last three quarters. Jefferson looks big time to me.

Reigning CAA Rookie of the Year. Often college coaches say the largest increment of improvement (not just in hoops but other sports as well) during a student-athlete's collegiate career is between their freshman and sophomore year. Kiki was special last year playing on a senior-dominated lineup. I think the balance this year and talent level is on par with last year, if not dare I say perhaps better, though we obviously lack the experience. Bottom line is Kiki doesn't have to go out and score 20+ a game for us to win, though she is obviously capable of doing that.
12-09-2020 07:21 PM
JMUNation Offline
All American

This team is enjoyable to watch. The ball moves well. There are some forced shots but a fair trade off to have players who are fearless. Freshman class is by far the best ever.

I like how this team has bounced back from their Buffalo loss. WVU will be a big road challenge.
12-09-2020 11:55 PM
Advertisement

Wear Purple Offline
Hall of Famer

(12-09-2020 11:55 PM)JMUNation Wrote:  This team is enjoyable to watch. The ball moves well. There are some forced shots but a fair trade off to have players who are fearless. Freshman class is by far the best ever.

I like how this team has bounced back from their Buffalo loss. WVU will be a big road challenge.

That has been the most enjoyable thing to watch for me so far. And, mostly from freshmen too. The interior passing has been superb. Ouderkirk in particular has what analysts like to call a "high basketball IQ". She sees the floor very well for a post player. You usually say those things about point guards and not forwards/posts. Multiple times I've seen her about 6 to 8 feet from the basket and pass up what most players would take a shot and feed an open teammate for an easy bunny. Great stuff.

Very unselfish team and it's to your point very enjoyable to watch. I love the players we've had in last year's senior-dominant class. They won a lot of games. Offensively though, they often were stagnant and just waited for Kamiah Smalls to make a one-on-one move towards the glass or for Jackie Benitez to chuck up a 3. When they were on, we blew opponents' doors off. When they were not, we looked stale. This team hasn't proven anything yet, but I 100% concur I like the offensive approach much better. Hazell would be starting for 80% of the programs in the country (including many P5's), perhaps more. Having her come off the bench is such a pump of adrenaline for this team. As opponents are subbing in a potential significant drop off from their starter to their first bench guard substitute, we are bringing in a potential conference rookie of the year (and Top 100 ESPN recruit).
12-10-2020 07:02 AM
HyperDuke Offline
Hall of Famer

Yeah Ouderkirk has been a consistent rookie for us and is getting decent minutes. Hazell & McDaniel appear to be stars. Diouf & Tinsley are big-time. Oh...and I haven’t even mentioned Tucker & Jefferson! Those seven (and more) can provide some great balance to our team. Excited for them.
(This post was last modified: 12-10-2020 07:32 AM by HyperDuke.)
12-10-2020 07:30 AM
JMad03 Online
Heisman

I was nervous about this game and the first quarter was how I feared this entire game would be. GW's defense is good.
Despite that concern, JMU owned the last 3 quarters. GW didn't even look like the same team by the end. They had lost the confidence they had at the beginning.
I will admit, I didn't think this team would be as good as last year's team. If the beginning of the season is any indication, I was dead wrong.
I really enjoyed watching Kiki play last year and thought she could be an incredible player. She is definitely living up to it and I think the sky is the limit for her. She keeps it up and there's no doubt the WNBA will be calling her name pretty quickly.
12-10-2020 08:14 AM
Duke Dawg Offline
Heisman

(12-10-2020 08:14 AM)JMad03 Wrote:  I was nervous about this game and the first quarter was how I feared this entire game would be. GW's defense is good.
Despite that concern, JMU owned the last 3 quarters. GW didn't even look like the same team by the end. They had lost the confidence they had at the beginning.
I will admit, I didn't think this team would be as good as last year's team. If the beginning of the season is any indication, I was dead wrong.
I really enjoyed watching Kiki play last year and thought she could be an incredible player. She is definitely living up to it and I think the sky is the limit for her. She keeps it up and there's no doubt the WNBA will be calling her name pretty quickly.

the 3 freshmen are very impressive. as good a trio as we've brought in at same time as i can remember.

Diouf and Tucker are both excellent in their roles. Would be great if one had a pure offensive post game, but right now, we haven't need that. I just wonder if that will be a necessity against Top 25 type teams we may play in the future that can neutralize the guards and dribble penetration game.

that said, they are both excellent defenders and rebounders and good at catching passes underneath for easy baskets. the parts on this team seem to fit well. They just need more experience. As this team continues to play get used to each other, we should get better and better and be as good as ever.
12-10-2020 08:35 AM
Dukester Offline

We've got 2 big time players in Kiki and Peyton. They could be the top two players in the CAA for the next 3 years. The future is bright, but we need to finally take the next step and get to the dance. If we can get there this year, it could serve as a building block for the next few years.
12-10-2020 10:56 AM
Advertisement

Wear Purple Offline
Hall of Famer

FWIW, WVU lost by 20 at home last night to Baylor. Of course, Baylor is a Final 4 and national title candidate.
12-11-2020 06:56 AM
Duke Dawg Offline
Heisman

Dukes added a game @#14 Maryland for 12/19
12-11-2020 11:44 AM
Wear Purple Offline
Hall of Famer

(12-11-2020 11:44 AM)Duke Dawg Wrote:  Dukes added a game @#14 Maryland for 12/19

Awesome. We owe them. Thanks for the heads up.
12-11-2020 12:04 PM
orange-to-purple Offline
1st String

I Root For: Tennessee, JMU,
(12-11-2020 06:56 AM)Wear Purple Wrote:  FWIW, WVU lost by 20 at home last night to Baylor. Of course, Baylor is a Final 4 and national title candidate.

Maybe. They lost to Arkansas last week. Arkansas.
12-11-2020 12:12 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.