Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Monday Musings
Bookmark and Share
fanfrompowellspub Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: EMU
Monday Musings
Big win for the eagles on Saturday over the Browncows. Another one this week would be a good way to end the season. I think most of the MAC bowl tie ins got canceled anyways.
Big loss on Friday for the basketball team vs our us-23 rivals. Attendance was the same as most basketball games between the years 2003-2007. I still don't think the NCAA tournament will have the full 65 teams or if conferences will have their tournaments.
I don't think our head football coach goes anywhere in the football coaching carousel but if I had to guess maybe Iowa. Just a hunch but if Ferentz retires or is forced out Creightons's style might be a breath of fresh air considering the allegations out of Iowa City.
Even though they are our rivals I am rooting for WMU to beat ball state and get to Lord Ford's field to play the Bulls of Buffalo.
12-07-2020 09:53 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Jerry Weaver Offline
All American

RE: Monday Musings
(12-07-2020 09:53 AM)fanfrompowellspub Wrote:  Big win for the eagles on Saturday over the Browncows. Another one this week would be a good way to end the season. I think most of the MAC bowl tie ins got canceled anyways.
Big loss on Friday for the basketball team vs our us-23 rivals. Attendance was the same as most basketball games between the years 2003-2007. I still don't think the NCAA tournament will have the full 65 teams or if conferences will have their tournaments.
I don't think our head football coach goes anywhere in the football coaching carousel but if I had to guess maybe Iowa. Just a hunch but if Ferentz retires or is forced out Creightons's style might be a breath of fresh air considering the allegations out of Iowa City.
Even though they are our rivals I am rooting for WMU to beat ball state and get to Lord Ford's field to play the Bulls of Buffalo.

Our coach is NOT going to get a B1G offer, no P5 donor base would accept his record plain and simple.

I'm rooting for WMU as well, but my goodness they are not very good. They drew Akron in the crossover game and squeaked by all of their West opponents. Kent State is far better than any West team, time for our side of the conference to get busy in both football and basketball.
12-07-2020 07:07 PM
dansplaining Offline
All American

I Root For: EMU - DCFC
(12-07-2020 07:07 PM)Jerry Weaver Wrote:  
(12-07-2020 09:53 AM)fanfrompowellspub Wrote:  Big win for the eagles on Saturday over the Browncows. Another one this week would be a good way to end the season. I think most of the MAC bowl tie ins got canceled anyways.

Our coach is NOT going to get a B1G offer, no P5 donor base would accept his record plain and simple.

I'm rooting for WMU as well, but my goodness they are not very good. They drew Akron in the crossover game and squeaked by all of their West opponents. Kent State is far better than any West team, time for our side of the conference to get busy in both football and basketball.

I think CC will garner interest from a P5 school if he has a good year next year. maybe purdue or kansas - someplace like that. not a P5 but if fickell leaves Cincinnati maybe he goes there. Pitt maybe? He's got a path to P5 is what im saying.
12-08-2020 07:01 AM
emu79 Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: emu
(12-08-2020 07:01 AM)dansplaining Wrote:  

I think CC will garner interest from a P5 school if he has a good year next year. maybe purdue or kansas - someplace like that. not a P5 but if fickell leaves Cincinnati maybe he goes there. Pitt maybe? He's got a path to P5 is what im saying.

Maybe but he needs to win something a bowl division title or conference title and he needs to prove he can recruit better 10 to 8 in MAC recruiting isn't going to cut it
12-08-2020 08:01 AM
Advertisement

FrankAnderson Offline
All American

Right, at present he wouldn't get any offers. But if he wins 10 games and a conference championship, I think some lower-level P5s would be calling.

Remember, other programs have express interested in Creighton already (we think he interviewed for the Temple job). Creighton's name is well-known and is often in end of year lists of "coaches to watch."
12-08-2020 10:39 AM
emu steve Offline
Legend

I Root For: EMU / MAC
Guess we won't have to go up against vs. UofM / OSU.

https://twitter.com/davidaldridgedc/stat...11396?s=20
12-08-2020 01:31 PM
Jerry Weaver Offline
All American

(12-08-2020 10:39 AM)FrankAnderson Wrote:  Right, at present he wouldn't get any offers. But if he wins 10 games and a conference championship, I think some lower-level P5s would be calling.

Remember, other programs have express interested in Creighton already (we think he interviewed for the Temple job). Creighton's name is well-known and is often in end of year lists of "coaches to watch."

He is impressive and if he won 10 games and a MAC championship, you could color him gone tomorrow! Until then....
12-08-2020 07:38 PM
Advertisement

dansplaining Offline
All American

(12-08-2020 07:38 PM)Jerry Weaver Wrote:  
(12-08-2020 10:39 AM)FrankAnderson Wrote:  Right, at present he wouldn't get any offers. But if he wins 10 games and a conference championship, I think some lower-level P5s would be calling.

He is impressive and if he won 10 games and a MAC championship, you could color him gone tomorrow! Until then....

He's not flashy.

Speaking of coaches: Herb Haygood is your Madonna University Head Coach
12-09-2020 01:08 PM
emu steve Offline
Legend

(12-09-2020 01:08 PM)dansplaining Wrote:  

He's not flashy.

Talking of coaches. Do posters here know that Deion Sanders is the new HC at Jackson State U. in the SWAC (FCS)?

He has been recruiting up a storm. We'll see in September 2021 what he has. (His transfers shouldn't be eligible in Feb. as that is part of the 2020 season and they can't play for two schools in the same academic year.
(This post was last modified: 12-09-2020 01:23 PM by emu steve.)
12-09-2020 01:22 PM
emu79 Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: emu
(12-09-2020 01:22 PM)emu steve Wrote:  

He's not flashy.

Talking of coaches. Do posters here know that Deion Sanders is the new HC at Jackson State U. in the SWAC (FCS)?

He has been recruiting up a storm. We'll see in September 2021 what he has. (His transfers shouldn't be eligible in Feb. as that is part of the 2020 season and they can't play for two schools in the same academic year.

Shades of Howard at U of M hoops.
12-10-2020 06:40 AM
Advertisement

emu steve Offline
Legend

(12-10-2020 06:40 AM)emu79 Wrote:  

He's not flashy.

Yep, sometimes a BIG name sells.

HBCU hoops recruiting is getting better. We'll see if it bleeds over to FB. Not sure that it will but Deion is a big favorite in the African American community.

Deion put together a staff more like we'd expect at a P5 school. Amazing. Some staff heavy with NFL experience as players and asst coaches. Lot of P5 asst coaching experience too.

https://gojsutigers.com/sports/football/...hurman/127

https://gojsutigers.com/sports/football/...-weeks/128

https://gojsutigers.com/sports/football/...mathis/129

https://gojsutigers.com/sports/football/...rkuson/126
(This post was last modified: 12-10-2020 07:41 AM by emu steve.)
12-10-2020 07:25 AM
dansplaining Offline
All American

(12-10-2020 07:25 AM)emu steve Wrote:  
(12-10-2020 06:40 AM)emu79 Wrote:  
(12-08-2020 07:38 PM)Jerry Weaver Wrote:  He is impressive and if he won 10 games and a MAC championship, you could color him gone tomorrow! Until then....

He's not flashy.

Yep, sometimes a BIG name sells.

HBCU hoops recruiting is getting better. We'll see if it bleeds over to FB. Not sure that it will but Deion is a big favorite in the African American community.

Deion put together a staff more like we'd expect at a P5 school. Amazing. Some staff heavy with NFL experience as players and asst coaches. Lot of P5 asst coaching experience too.

https://gojsutigers.com/sports/football/...hurman/127

https://gojsutigers.com/sports/football/...-weeks/128

https://gojsutigers.com/sports/football/...mathis/129

https://gojsutigers.com/sports/football/...rkuson/126

i think this has a better chance of working than isaiah thomas at FIU
12-10-2020 07:45 AM
Bob Wickersham Offline
Heisman

He may deserve such a job but people and alumni will look at his record and that hire would not go over well, in fact it would be a PR disaster.
12-10-2020 08:16 AM
dansplaining Offline
All American

(12-10-2020 08:16 AM)Bob Wickersham Wrote:  

He may deserve such a job but people and alumni will look at his record and that hire would not go over well, in fact it would be a PR disaster.

I think it all depends on the school. im not dismissing the possibility out of hand. it just takes one.
12-10-2020 12:06 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.