Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

GameDay?
Foreverandever Offline
Heisman

I Root For: &
GameDay?
So looking over the schedule it looks like the best match up will likely be Tulsa vs Cincinatti or Miami vs UNC. Miami has been part of four games days already, not sure they want to go there. Michigan (2-4) vs OSU (5-0) and USC (3-0) vs UCLA (3-2) are the other likely contenders.
12-06-2020 02:21 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

T-Town Cane Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: Tulsa
RE: GameDay?
I think we get it (so long as the game isn't canceled). Tulsa should be ranked anywhere from #18-20 with the teams that lost ahead of them this week and Cincy should remain at #7.
12-06-2020 10:05 AM
Tigersmoke4 Offline
All American

I Root For: Memphis
Unfortunately I doubt it'll happen. I think you two deserve it 100%,but I've noticed a worrisome silence towards Cincy. To me it seems like BYU and CCU have been getting some much coverage and media love as a way to ignore the scary thought of a 7th ranked Cincy actually sneaking in. Ignoring Cincy now eases the backlash for when the AAC once again gets screwed out of the playoffs,,,,,so no I don't think that they are going to give Cincy the same type of platform to prove that they belong they just gave BYU. It's a shame.07-coffee307-coffee3
(This post was last modified: 12-06-2020 10:31 AM by Tigersmoke4.)
12-06-2020 10:28 AM
Lurkercat Offline
1st String

I Root For: UC
Should this game get it? Yes

But it will be Miami/UNC
12-06-2020 10:41 AM
Advertisement

SadderBudweiser Offline
1st String

I Root For: $$$$MU
(12-06-2020 10:28 AM)Tigersmoke4 Wrote:  Unfortunately I doubt it'll happen. I think you two deserve it 100%,but I've noticed a worrisome silence towards Cincy. To me it seems like BYU and CCU have been getting some much coverage and media love as a way to ignore the scary thought of a 7th ranked Cincy actually sneaking in. Ignoring Cincy now eases the backlash for when the AAC once again gets screwed out of the playoffs,,,,,so no I don't think that they are going to give Cincy the same type of platform to prove that they belong they just gave BYU. It's a shame.07-coffee307-coffee3

I agree with this line of thinking. Cincy definitely getting the cold shoulder.
And just waiting to hear some P5 ass-licker remind us of the last time Cincy played Ohio State.

Sucks.
12-06-2020 10:54 AM
Crowley's Ridge Tiger Offline
2nd String

I Root For: MEMPHIS TIGERS
(12-06-2020 02:21 AM)Foreverandever Wrote:  So looking over the schedule it looks like the best match up will likely be Tulsa vs Cincinatti or Miami vs UNC. Miami has been part of four games days already, not sure they want to go there. Michigan (2-4) vs OSU (5-0) and USC (3-0) vs UCLA (3-2) are the other likely contenders.

I think and hope you get it.
Undefeated vs a 1 loss, with real CFP and NY6 implications.
12-06-2020 11:01 AM
Tigersmoke4 Offline
All American

Wouldn't be surprised if Cincy doesn't lose some points in the AP pollsters ballots while CCU makes a big jump in order to put them in an position to jump Cincy in case of a slip or even winning against Tulsa in an unimpressive sloppy game. Cincy and the AAC are the "bad guys" because we're a threat to the establishment and Coastal is the media darlings because they are the feel good little guy that is a 0% threat. However I think it would be awesome if you can get Gameday. 07-coffee307-coffee3
12-06-2020 11:51 AM
Advertisement

Hurricane Drummer Offline
All American

Gameday has never been to Tulsa. Hopefully they will want to check us off their list.
(This post was last modified: 12-06-2020 11:52 AM by Hurricane Drummer.)
12-06-2020 11:52 AM
slhNavy91 Online
Heisman

I Root For: Navy

I'm honestly surprised.

Not even sure how much of the Brigade will bus up. Logistics of this, given NY State's qurantine rules...
12-06-2020 01:34 PM
Lurkercat Offline
1st String

I Root For: UC
(12-06-2020 01:34 PM)slhNavy91 Wrote:  

I'm honestly surprised.

Not even sure how much of the Brigade will bus up. Logistics of this, given NY State's qurantine rules...

Really disappointed in this one. 2 average/below average teams. The tulsa Cincy game has NY6 implications (as does unc/miami)
12-06-2020 01:51 PM
Advertisement

IamYourDad Offline
Banned

I Root For: UCF
(12-06-2020 10:28 AM)Tigersmoke4 Wrote:  Unfortunately I doubt it'll happen. I think you two deserve it 100%,but I've noticed a worrisome silence towards Cincy. To me it seems like BYU and CCU have been getting some much coverage and media love as a way to ignore the scary thought of a 7th ranked Cincy actually sneaking in. Ignoring Cincy now eases the backlash for when the AAC once again gets screwed out of the playoffs,,,,,so no I don't think that they are going to give Cincy the same type of platform to prove that they belong they just gave BYU. It's a shame.07-coffee307-coffee3

I think the silence has more to do with Cincy's 3 week absence as opposed to anything else. Beating Tulsa will put them right back in the convo as far as the media is concerned
12-06-2020 01:55 PM
Hurricane Drummer Offline
All American

This is really disappointing. I guess they could show up for the AAC title game, but probably won't.
12-06-2020 02:07 PM
Tigersmoke4 Offline
All American

(12-06-2020 01:51 PM)Lurkercat Wrote:  
(12-06-2020 01:34 PM)slhNavy91 Wrote:  

I'm honestly surprised.

Really disappointed in this one. 2 average/below average teams. The tulsa Cincy game has NY6 implications (as does unc/miami)

Told you. They are not going to give Cincy type of a platform this close to decision time Especially considering it would actually turn into 2 great weeks of publicity with the champ game. Oh well 07-coffee307-coffee3
12-06-2020 02:29 PM
Advertisement

Foreverandever Offline
Heisman

I Root For: &
(12-06-2020 02:07 PM)Hurricane Drummer Wrote:  This is really disappointing. I guess they could show up for the AAC title game, but probably won't.

I am beyond surprised by this, there are several good match ups on the Disney controlled networks.

As far as next week? Nope that will go to the ACC or SEC championship game, they have made some odd choices this season. This would have been the week if they picked one since it's our first meeting and a guarenteed top 25 match up.

No offense to the Navy vs Army game, it is an American tradition like no other. Hopefully Navy puts the whooping on them.
12-06-2020 02:32 PM
slhNavy91 Online
Heisman

I Root For: Navy
And now the games are on at the same time. (3ET for America's game and 4ET for the American Game)
12-06-2020 04:09 PM
invisiblehand Offline
Heisman

How fu(*DIng dumb.
12-06-2020 09:18 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.