12-05-2020 08:53 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

billybobby777 Offline
The REAL BillyBobby

I Root For: ECU, Army
RE: ***Official Coastal Carolina to the AAC thread***
(12-05-2020 08:53 PM)Kruciff Wrote:  Gimme your best memes bois

I remember the days when I was the one who started these threads...
12-05-2020 09:04 PM
chiefsfan Offline
No Seriously, they let me be a mod

I Root For: ASU
Give us East Carolina and we'll consider it...LOL
12-05-2020 09:06 PM
vcoog Offline
All American

I Root For: UH
This was the game of the year and it’s a damn shame the CFP system has put a cap on half of the eligible teams.

This post from a UCF fan on reddit really sums it up:

COastal Carolina and Louisana both get so shafted its bull****. Louisiana beat Iowa State at home, but Iowa State wasn't good "yet" so no one cares. Lousiana loses a close game to Coastal Carolina so their season is basically pointless it seems. Coastal Carolina is undefeated with wins over Louisana and BYU and they will be top 15?

Both have better wins than Ohio State and yet it will be a struggle to even make the top 10. Ohio State is going to end the year with like 6 games played and walks into the playoff. You can't defend this ****. It's ridiculous the obscene obstacles a team has to climb if they aren't a P5 team let alone a big name like Ohio State. This isn't an issue of resume or EYE TEST, because how can you have an EYE TEST when Ohio State plays a bunch of teams who are stuggling to even get wins?

BYU and Coastal went out of their way to schedule a late season game of undefeated teams with almost no prep and they are going to get shafted because Ohio State or Clemson or ND has more money.
12-05-2020 09:25 PM
invisiblehand Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Tulsa
East Carolina for Coastal Carolina, a first round draft pick, a copy machine, a box of practice jerseys, and a tub of orange slices.

Final Offer. Take it or leave it.
(This post was last modified: 12-05-2020 09:31 PM by invisiblehand.)
12-05-2020 09:31 PM
JHS55 Offline
All American

I Root For: Houston
coastal belongs in the sunbelt but what a great win for the G5 league, the G5 is on the rise
12-05-2020 09:33 PM
Advertisement

JHS55 Offline
All American

I Root For: Houston
BYU belongs in the G5 league, MWC is where they belong
12-05-2020 09:34 PM
8BitPirate Offline
A Man of Wealth and Taste

I Root For: ECU
Swap Green UCONN for Coastal. Gain South Carolina and keep a beach.
(This post was last modified: 12-05-2020 09:40 PM by 8BitPirate.)
12-05-2020 09:39 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
ballantyneapp Online
All American

I Root For: App
Of course Ccu would accept in a second, but the SBC is positioning itself as a damn fine football conference. Crazy how far we’ve come in 5 years
12-05-2020 09:46 PM
SMUleopold Offline
1st String

I Root For: Guess, genius..
They have a National Championship in one major sport already and are building a winner in football. They make sense geographically and occupy a state we don't have a school in but are far enough away from ECU to not compete directly with them. They have a decent enrollment and have room to grow.

And frankly it would stop all this "BYU to the AAC" junk.

At this point I'd go ahead and say bid'em.
(This post was last modified: 12-05-2020 09:54 PM by SMUleopold.)
12-05-2020 09:49 PM
Pony94 Online

I Root For: SMU
***Official Coastal Carolina to the AAC thread***
CCU lets people in with 17 ACTs

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
12-05-2020 09:52 PM
Advertisement

SMUleopold Offline
1st String

Good.

Dumb chicks like old dudes and I might be moving to NC soon.

I'll meet you at the tailgate.
12-05-2020 09:55 PM
vcoog Offline
All American

I Root For: UH
Isn’t the better take on this is that the G5, in order to counteract the playoff system could just wait on filling out the last few games and put its best teams against each other to give one of them a chance in the playoffs? BYU and Coastal scheduled this game just a few days ago and now there’s talk that if coastal wins out do they have a better resume than Cincinnati? And honestly it’s kind of justified? That BYU win is better than any win Cincinnati has.

Why doesn’t the winner of the Tulsa/UC game declare themselves AAC champs and then schedule the other highest G5 team (coastal) and then see if that moves the needle for the CFP committee.
12-05-2020 09:58 PM
ah59396 Offline
1st String

I Root For: App State
(12-05-2020 09:25 PM)vcoog Wrote:  This was the game of the year and it’s a damn shame the CFP system has put a cap on half of the eligible teams.

This post from a UCF fan on reddit really sums it up:

COastal Carolina and Louisana both get so shafted its bull****. Louisiana beat Iowa State at home, but Iowa State wasn't good "yet" so no one cares. Lousiana loses a close game to Coastal Carolina so their season is basically pointless it seems. Coastal Carolina is undefeated with wins over Louisana and BYU and they will be top 15?

Both have better wins than Ohio State and yet it will be a struggle to even make the top 10. Ohio State is going to end the year with like 6 games played and walks into the playoff. You can't defend this ****. It's ridiculous the obscene obstacles a team has to climb if they aren't a P5 team let alone a big name like Ohio State. This isn't an issue of resume or EYE TEST, because how can you have an EYE TEST when Ohio State plays a bunch of teams who are stuggling to even get wins?

BYU and Coastal went out of their way to schedule a late season game of undefeated teams with almost no prep and they are going to get shafted because Ohio State or Clemson or ND has more money.

This is my takeaway and it still frustrates me.

Louisiana didn’t fluke out a win versus Iowa State in Ames. They won by 17. And now, despite another loss, Iowa State sits in the top 10.

Louisiana’s loss to Coastal looks better and better, even more so when you consider they took a direct hit from a hurricane 4 days before the game.

I’m not telling you all anything you don’t know, but it’s a crock of ****. If strength of schedule actually mattered, one loss Clemson would be 20th because they haven’t beat anyone. Their best win is against Miami who’s only “ranked win” was against garbage ass Louisville.
12-05-2020 10:15 PM
panama Offline
Legend

I Root For: Georgia STATE
(12-05-2020 09:52 PM)Pony94 Wrote:  CCU lets people in with 17 ACTs

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Oh Smoo.

You're that guy aren't you.

[Image: e2dbd6287a2de2e399879fb972e88e4d.gif]

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
12-05-2020 10:27 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
NoQuarterBrigade Offline
Go Damn Pirates!!!!!

I Root For: ECU & the AAC
(12-05-2020 09:06 PM)chiefsfan Wrote:  Give us East Carolina and we'll consider it...LOL

I like it. Shoot for the stars and later settle on Tulsa.
12-05-2020 10:41 PM
Advertisement

panicstricken Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Tulsa
There were a bunch of drunk awesome Coastal Fans parading around Folly Beach tonight.
12-05-2020 10:51 PM
SMUleopold Offline
1st String

(12-05-2020 09:58 PM)vcoog Wrote:  Isn’t the better take on this is that the G5, in order to counteract the playoff system could just wait on filling out the last few games and put its best teams against each other to give one of them a chance in the playoffs? BYU and Coastal scheduled this game just a few days ago and now there’s talk that if coastal wins out do they have a better resume than Cincinnati? And honestly it’s kind of justified? That BYU win is better than any win Cincinnati has.

Why doesn’t the winner of the Tulsa/UC game declare themselves AAC champs and then schedule the other highest G5 team (coastal) and then see if that moves the needle for the CFP committee.

There is certainly an argument for this and I understand why people are advocating for it. But it comes with some problems.

First of all you are cannibalizing your teams. Yes, there is the chance that the winner of all these teams emerges unscathed and undefeated but if a one-loss Tulsa wins the AAC and then beats CC the Hurricanes aren't going to the playoffs, even though a one-loss P5 team would go - even if THEY lost to a Sun Belt team.

Which brings up the second reason: By doing this you are admitting - on some level - that your conference is inherently inferior and that's not what we are trying to say. I mean, that's fine if you're a BYU team that has had to put together a piece-meal schedule due to your own arrogance at not joining a conference but that hurts our own perception.
Right now the AAC can look eye-to-eye with 3 P5 conferences (possibly four) and say 'we belong' but by playing the extra game in an obvious attempt at acceptance we make our own conference look like a lightweight. You're telling me that the Pac 12, who will have ONE ranked team tomorrow, deserves a bid if their champ goes undefeated but we have to play an extra game? Nope. (For the record the SBC should be screaming their heads off right now too)

So we need to stay away from this. It sounds like a good idea but the costs are just too high - it just doesn't work and we need to stand our ground.
12-05-2020 10:58 PM
Sideshow2313 Offline
1st String

I Root For: UCF
Good win but pump the brakes.
12-05-2020 11:04 PM
ballantyneapp Online
All American

I Root For: App
(12-05-2020 10:58 PM)SMUleopold Wrote:  
(12-05-2020 09:58 PM)vcoog Wrote:  Isn’t the better take on this is that the G5, in order to counteract the playoff system could just wait on filling out the last few games and put its best teams against each other to give one of them a chance in the playoffs? BYU and Coastal scheduled this game just a few days ago and now there’s talk that if coastal wins out do they have a better resume than Cincinnati? And honestly it’s kind of justified? That BYU win is better than any win Cincinnati has.

There is certainly an argument for this and I understand why people are advocating for it. But it comes with some problems.

First of all you are cannibalizing your teams. Yes, there is the chance that the winner of all these teams emerges unscathed and undefeated but if a one-loss Tulsa wins the AAC and then beats CC the Hurricanes aren't going to the playoffs, even though a one-loss P5 team would go - even if THEY lost to a Sun Belt team.

Which brings up the second reason: By doing this you are admitting - on some level - that your conference is inherently inferior and that's not what we are trying to say. I mean, that's fine if you're a BYU team that has had to put together a piece-meal schedule due to your own arrogance at not joining a conference but that hurts our own perception.
Right now the AAC can look eye-to-eye with 3 P5 conferences (possibly four) and say 'we belong' but by playing the extra game in an obvious attempt at acceptance we make our own conference look like a lightweight. You're telling me that the Pac 12, who will have ONE ranked team tomorrow, deserves a bid if their champ goes undefeated but we have to play an extra game? Nope. (For the record the SBC should be screaming their heads off right now too)

So we need to stay away from this. It sounds like a good idea but the costs are just too high - it just doesn't work and we need to stand our ground.

Our commissioner should be standing on his head, unfortunately he’s more of a “our results speak for themselves type”. Which would be fine in a just world but we just need more advocation
12-06-2020 08:28 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.