Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

The Table Is Set
Bookmark and Share
Volkmar Offline
All American

I Root For: U.T.S.A.
The Table Is Set
Unless something happens with the C-USA minimum-games COVID formula that may still come into play, the situation in the West is now this...

If UAB wins at Rice next week, they'll finish 3-1 (1st in the West). If UAB loses at Rice next week, they'll finish 2-2 (4th in the West). Almost makes me wanna go watch that game since it's about 20 miles from my house.
12-05-2020 03:35 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

ESE84 Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Rice then UH

New Orleans BowlDonators
RE: The Table Is Set
I think you would need a helicopter to watch. Rice hasn’t let any of us attend a game yet. With the enthusiasm at The Parliament right now, Rice might be able to sell tickets for $100 each right now for UAB.
12-05-2020 03:38 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Volkmar Offline
All American

(12-05-2020 03:38 PM)ESE84 Wrote:  I think you would need a helicopter to watch. Rice hasn’t let any of us attend a game yet. With the enthusiasm at The Parliament right now, Rice might be able to sell tickets for $100 each right now for UAB.

Well never mind then. lol
12-05-2020 03:40 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
rileylives Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Marshall
UTSA fans should be very excited. Rice can absolutely beat UAB. That team shut down Marshall today.

Sometimes it takes a few games for a team to gel. I would not want to play Rice right now if I were UAB.
12-05-2020 04:04 PM
ArmyBlazer Offline
1st String

I Root For: UAB
I really hope our guys were paying attention today. UAB can’t just show up and go through the motions next week. We’ll get drubbed if we do. Hopefully they’ll be locked in all week now.
12-05-2020 04:12 PM
ESE84 Offline
Heisman

New Orleans BowlDonators
(12-05-2020 04:04 PM)rileylives Wrote:  UTSA fans should be very excited. Rice can absolutely beat UAB. That team shut down Marshall today.

Sometimes it takes a few games for a team to gel. I would not want to play Rice right now if I were UAB.

Wish Rice could play UTSA, Louisiana Tech, and UTEP also. Would be nice to settle the West head to head.
12-05-2020 04:20 PM
Advertisement

winston70 Offline
All American

I Root For: La Tech
(12-05-2020 04:20 PM)ESE84 Wrote:  
(12-05-2020 04:04 PM)rileylives Wrote:  UTSA fans should be very excited. Rice can absolutely beat UAB. That team shut down Marshall today.

Wish Rice could play UTSA, Louisiana Tech, and UTEP also. Would be nice to settle the West head to head.

I agree I would also like to have played Rice this season even with the impressive W today by the Owls
12-05-2020 04:23 PM
Doots4Dawgs Offline
1st String

I Root For: Louisiana Tech

It would. But apparently our conference doesn’t think so.
12-05-2020 04:48 PM
ATTALLABLAZE Offline
Administrator

I Root For: UAB Blazers

The Parliament AwardsCrappiesDonatorsBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardCrappies
This Rice game scares the hell out of me. Good news is our starting QB is healthy now and we have a bunch of banged up guys back in defense. We may be Rusty and Rice will take advantage of that.
12-05-2020 06:33 PM
Tech80 Offline
1st String

I Root For: Louisiana Tech
(12-05-2020 04:23 PM)winston70 Wrote:  

I agree I would also like to have played Rice this season even with the impressive W today by the Owls

Yeah, we coulda lost to Rice this year, instead we get to lose to TCU.
12-05-2020 06:34 PM
blazr Away
Hall of Famer

The Table Is Set
(12-05-2020 06:33 PM)ATTALLABLAZE Wrote:  This Rice game scares the hell out of me. Good news is our starting QB is healthy now and we have a bunch of banged up guys back in defense. We may be Rusty and Rice will take advantage of that.

Ditto. It’s hard to even estimate how rusty we’ll be since I can’t recall any teams having a month+ between games before this season.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
12-05-2020 06:52 PM
Advertisement

Luckyshot Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Southern Miss
(12-05-2020 04:48 PM)Doots4Dawgs Wrote:  

Huh? There aren't enough weekends left for Rice to remake the half season they CHOSE to sit out. To be clear, I think our Conference Office is worthless, but the only organization responsible for Rice not getting to play for the West is Rice.
(This post was last modified: 12-06-2020 09:22 AM by Luckyshot.)
12-06-2020 09:20 AM
OptimisticOwl Offline
Legend

I Root For: Rice

The Parliament AwardsNew Orleans BowlFootball GeniusCrappiesDonatorsDonators
(12-06-2020 09:20 AM)Luckyshot Wrote:  
(12-05-2020 04:48 PM)Doots4Dawgs Wrote:  

Huh? There aren't enough weekends left for Rice to remake the half season they CHOSE to sit out. To be clear, I think our Conference Office is worthless, but the only organization responsible for Rice not getting to play for the West is Rice.

The only two conference games we postponed were rescheduled, one played last weekend, one will be played this weekend.

We lost three to Covid on the other team.

Among the OOC games canceled, we did two, they did two.
12-06-2020 09:45 AM
UAB Schnauzer Offline
1st String

(12-05-2020 04:12 PM)ArmyBlazer Wrote:  I really hope our guys were paying attention today. UAB can’t just show up and go through the motions next week. We’ll get drubbed if we do. Hopefully they’ll be locked in all week now.

do not count on UAB taking reasonable precautions. on a recent team tour of the new stadium construction numerous players were not wearing masks.
12-06-2020 09:46 AM
Fear The Beak 2 Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For: UTSA
(12-06-2020 09:45 AM)OptimisticOwl Wrote:  The only two conference games we postponed were rescheduled, one played last weekend, one will be played this weekend.

Yep, and had you not pussed out early in the season, your could be making up some of those COVID games during the COVID Make-up weeks instead of playing your fourth and fifth games of the season.
12-06-2020 10:19 AM
ESE84 Offline
Heisman

New Orleans BowlDonators
(12-06-2020 10:19 AM)Fear The Beak 2 Wrote:  
(12-06-2020 09:45 AM)OptimisticOwl Wrote:  The only two conference games we postponed were rescheduled, one played last weekend, one will be played this weekend.

Yep, and had you not pussed out early in the season, your could be making up some of those COVID games during the COVID Make-up weeks instead of playing your fourth and fifth games of the season.

UTSA cancelled on us. LSU and Lamar cancelled on us. Rumors on The Parliament that the Bayou Bucket will be rescheduled on December 18 or 19. That leaves the Army game lost.

UTEP also seems done for the season, so that game could never have been made up.
12-06-2020 10:39 AM
Advertisement

OptimisticOwl Offline
Legend

I Root For: Rice

The Parliament AwardsNew Orleans BowlFootball GeniusCrappiesDonatorsDonators

Hate to agree with our Administration on anything, but had we not done that, it is very possible WE would be the ones canceling now, instead of playing. A very Robert Frost situation.

The Road Not Taken
(This post was last modified: 12-06-2020 10:45 AM by OptimisticOwl.)
12-06-2020 10:41 AM
Volkmar Offline
All American

Crazy thing is that if Rice had won their first game of the season (their double-OT loss to MTSU), the winner of their game against UAB this weekend would automatically be the West champion. After all, UAB is 2-1 heading into the game, and Rice would've been 3-1. The MTSU game was Rice's first of the season, and MTSU had already played SIX.
12-06-2020 10:47 AM
winston70 Offline
All American

I Root For: La Tech
(12-05-2020 06:34 PM)Tech80 Wrote:  
(12-05-2020 04:23 PM)winston70 Wrote:  

Yeah, we coulda lost to Rice this year, instead we get to lose to TCU.

Maybe but I would like chances better at home against Rice better than on the road at TCU
12-06-2020 10:58 AM
Steel Dragon Offline
2nd String

I could be wrong but the reason the UAB vs Rice wasn’t played when scheduled is because Rice didn’t have enough practice. COVID wasn’t the direct reason. If Marshall had beaten Rice would they want to play UAB this weekend?
12-06-2020 11:29 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.