Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Knight report on basketball distributions
bullet Offline
Legend

I Root For: Texas, UK, UGA
Knight report on basketball distributions
https://www.knightcommission.org/wp-cont...020-01.pdf
Page 27 of the 28 page report has the distributions. Interesting that of 576 million, only 217 million (1st 2 columns) is based on the basketball tournament.

Report is to calculate the effect of removing FBS factors (in other words give more money to the 21 non-FBS conferences).

A lot of this stuff is indicating to me the rest of Division I is delusional and the P5 are becoming more likely to split.
12-02-2020 10:45 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

BatonRougeEscapee Offline
1st String

I Root For: GEAUX TIGERS &
RE: Knight report on basketball distributions
It is inevitable. Just a matter of when and who comes along for the ride.
12-02-2020 11:01 PM
Wedge Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: California
RE: Knight report on basketball distributions
If I'm reading that correctly, the idea behind this report is to remove football, and football scholarships, from some formula used to distribute NCAA-acquired revenue back to the conferences, and effectively take an average of roughly $400,000 per year away from each P5 school, and an average of about $300,000 per year from each G5 school, and re-distribute that money among no-football D-I schools.

The vast majority of the NCAA's annual revenue comes from March Madness. So the idea is to take money away from the schools and conferences that generate the lion's share of the TV and ticket revenue of March Madness, so as to give more money to schools and conferences that contribute less value to that revenue-generating machine.

That is indeed a delusional idea. Fortunately for the vast majority of D-I, this idea will never be implemented, and therefore they don't have to worry that it will provoke the P5 powers to consider leaving the NCAA.
12-02-2020 11:09 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.