Cincinnati Bearcats

Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

UC v Miami no longer oldest continuous rivalry west. of the Allegheny Mountains ?
Bookmark and Share
doss2 Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: BEARCATS
UC v Miami no longer oldest continuous rivalry west. of the Allegheny Mountains ?
Anyway if Miami no longer has a chance is it a rivalry.

(This post was last modified: 11-28-2020 03:42 PM by doss2.)
11-28-2020 03:40 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

CliftonAve Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Jimmy Nippert
RE: UC v Miami no longer oldest continuous rivalry west. of the Allegheny Mountains ?
You think about Miami more than their alums and students do.

11-28-2020 04:46 PM
Dannyboy Offline
All American

I Root For: Bearcats
RE: UC v Miami no longer oldest continuous rivalry west. of the Allegheny Mountains ?
If the playoff gets delayed to accommodate Ohio State, we should throw a Miami game onto the schedule. Our last off year was for WWII.

(This post was last modified: 11-28-2020 04:53 PM by Dannyboy.)
11-28-2020 04:52 PM
Bear Catlett Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: UC
Can you troll a fan base that has no fans?

11-28-2020 06:14 PM
robertfoshizzle Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Cincinnati
(11-28-2020 04:52 PM)Dannyboy Wrote:  If the playoff gets delayed to accommodate Ohio State, we should throw a Miami game onto the schedule. Our last off year was for WWII.

Nah. Bludgeoning Miami does nothing for us except put our players at risk for injury and COVID exposure. Same reason I'm not upset about the Temple game being canceled.

11-28-2020 07:19 PM
doss2 Offline
Hall of Famer

(11-28-2020 04:52 PM)Dannyboy Wrote:  If the playoff gets delayed to accommodate Ohio State, we should throw a Miami game onto the schedule. Our last off year was for WWII.

Thanks I did not know no WWII games.

11-28-2020 08:52 PM
Advertisement

Z-Fly Offline
1st String

(11-28-2020 04:46 PM)CliftonAve Wrote:  You think about Miami more than their alums and students do.

As a Miami grad, I can confirm this.

11-29-2020 05:37 PM
cincy7718 Offline
2nd String

i understand reasons for changing or even eliminating this game, but personally i will never tire of beating them!

11-30-2020 01:45 PM
skylinecat Offline
Special Teams

Now that we no longer have that slogan, my vote is to ditch it. There are about 5 other teams within 100 miles I'd try to get scheduled before Miami. They will always be there if those teams say no. I'd much rather play any of UK, UofL, OSU, Pitt, IU, Purdue, MSU, Michigan, OU, etc etc before Miami. I know we have Pitt and IU on the upcoming schedule.

11-30-2020 02:00 PM
Banter Offline
1st String

I Root For: UC Bearcats
I personally like the Miami game. Its the only trophy game we have left, and it is a road game 45 minutes away. I think we are much better than they are, but Martin has made them into a respectable MAC team. I don't see the benefit of ditching this series just to schedule a home and home with Akron, Kent, Directional Michigan, or random Conference USA opponents.

Sure you might luck out by getting a win over one of the better Conference USA or Sun Belt teams, but you also might end up playing one who hurts our SoS even more than Miami.

11-30-2020 02:01 PM
Dannyboy Offline
All American

I like the tradition. That’s part of CFB.

11-30-2020 02:10 PM
Advertisement

SuperFlyBCat Offline
Banned

I Root For: America and UC
(11-30-2020 02:00 PM)skylinecat Wrote:  Now that we no longer have that slogan, my vote is to ditch it. There are about 5 other teams within 100 miles I'd try to get scheduled before Miami. They will always be there if those teams say no. I'd much rather play any of UK, UofL, OSU, Pitt, IU, Purdue, MSU, Michigan, OU, etc etc before Miami. I know we have Pitt and IU on the upcoming schedule.

The bold won't play at Nippert. We also have BC and NC State as home and return games. Arkansas in on the future schedule, not sure if they are coming to Nippert?

11-30-2020 02:11 PM
bearcatmark Online

I Root For: the Deliverator
(11-30-2020 02:11 PM)SuperFlyBCat Wrote:  
(11-30-2020 02:00 PM)skylinecat Wrote:  Now that we no longer have that slogan, my vote is to ditch it. There are about 5 other teams within 100 miles I'd try to get scheduled before Miami. They will always be there if those teams say no. I'd much rather play any of UK, UofL, OSU, Pitt, IU, Purdue, MSU, Michigan, OU, etc etc before Miami. I know we have Pitt and IU on the upcoming schedule.

The bold won't play at Nippert. We also have BC and NC State as home and return games. Arkansas in on the future schedule, not sure if they are coming to Nippert?
Arkansas was a one off road game.

11-30-2020 02:12 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
SuperFlyBCat Offline
Banned

(11-30-2020 02:12 PM)bearcatmark Wrote:  

Bummer, you recall what they are paying us Mark?

11-30-2020 02:22 PM
doss2 Offline
Hall of Famer

(11-30-2020 02:01 PM)Banter Wrote:  I personally like the Miami game. Its the only trophy game we have left, and it is a road game 45 minutes away. I think we are much better than they are, but Martin has made them into a respectable MAC team. I don't see the benefit of ditching this series just to schedule a home and home with Akron, Kent, Directional Michigan, or random Conference USA opponents.

Sure you might luck out by getting a win over one of the better Conference USA or Sun Belt teams, but you also might end up playing one who hurts our SoS even more than Miami.

Keep the game but two at Nip and one in Oxford. PBS makes no sense since Miami does not bring enough fans.

11-30-2020 02:28 PM
bearcatmark Online

I Root For: the Deliverator
(11-30-2020 02:22 PM)SuperFlyBCat Wrote:  

I didn't actually recall exactly, but according to this its 1.5 million which is close to what I remembered. https://fbschedules.com/arkansas-to-open...incinnati/

11-30-2020 02:31 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

SuperFlyBCat Offline
Banned

(11-30-2020 02:31 PM)bearcatmark Wrote:  
(11-30-2020 02:22 PM)SuperFlyBCat Wrote:  

I didn't actually recall exactly, but according to this its 1.5 million which is close to what I remembered. https://fbschedules.com/arkansas-to-open...incinnati/

Thanks

11-30-2020 02:43 PM
BearcatMan Offline
Kicking Connoisseur/Occasional Man Crush

I'd add Northwestern, Illinois, and Virginia Tech to the list of schools I'd like to see us play around here. I think all would be willing, seeing as how two already have done so.

11-30-2020 03:08 PM
dubcat14 Offline
1st String

(11-30-2020 02:28 PM)doss2 Wrote:  
(11-30-2020 02:01 PM)Banter Wrote:  I personally like the Miami game. Its the only trophy game we have left, and it is a road game 45 minutes away. I think we are much better than they are, but Martin has made them into a respectable MAC team. I don't see the benefit of ditching this series just to schedule a home and home with Akron, Kent, Directional Michigan, or random Conference USA opponents.

Keep the game but two at Nip and one in Oxford. PBS makes no sense since Miami does not bring enough fans.

I actually think the game should coincide with Oktoberfest every year or at least once every 2 or 3 and played at PBS for easy access to both. We had that happen when Nippert was getting renovated and it was a really good atmosphere.

As for the series itself I think it should continue as is. As mentioned above, it's our only trophy rivalry, it's a good warm up game and there's still 3 other out of conference games to fill with other regional teams.

12-01-2020 10:10 AM
OKIcat Offline
Heisman

RE: UC v Miami no longer oldest
(12-01-2020 10:10 AM)dubcat14 Wrote:  
(11-30-2020 02:28 PM)doss2 Wrote:  

I actually think the game should coincide with Oktoberfest every year or at least once every 2 or 3 and played at PBS for easy access to both. We had that happen when Nippert was getting renovated and it was a really good atmosphere.

As for the series itself I think it should continue as is. As mentioned above, it's our only trophy rivalry, it's a good warm up game and there's still 3 other out of conference games to fill with other regional teams.

This is pretty much how I feel too. It's more interesting still than any FCS opponent or most random MAC schools that have little connection to our tri-state region. It's not like P5 schools, good or bad, are lining up to visit Nippert. In fact, given the current state of IL and Purdue football, I seriously doubt either would want to return for another series given Cincy's considerable home field advantage and current competitive position. Would either want a beat down in the heart of B10 recruiting country?

12-01-2020 10:25 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.