Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Some thoughts
Bookmark and Share
CMichFan Offline

I Root For: CMU

Crappies
Some thoughts
Richardson was knocked out of the game -- and likely the season-- just as he was getting in a rhythm. He had some rough patches, but a young guy playing with a nagging shoulder issue is going to have those. Brock looked OK today. With our strong running game, he should be OK back there. We may even be a little more consistent offensively.

Out DL came into the season a little short-handed due to Covid and took a big hit with the loss of Johnson. Diallo and Hairston, though, have been revelations. Our LB corp has been mostly good, although depth might be an issue right now (see 1st half against WMU last week with Brown out 03-banghead ).

The secondary has a rough 1st quarter against Ohio and EMU and a terrible game against WMU 03-puke . Players out of position appear to be part of the problem, or it was tonight. Things did improve when we went to more man coverage. That may be necessary against BSU from the get-go. Especially since BSU's QB is less of a run threat, if memory serves.

Special Teams: we have excellent placekicking and punting. Punt returns are good, KO returns are OK. The KOs and KO coverage continue to be an adventure. We need to get that sorted (again) before next week.

OL: Under Cummings, we've been solid, despite youth and some injuries (one OG out last week, another was out this week). I expect this unit to continue to improve.
11-28-2020 01:14 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Warhawks222 Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: Payday & Friday
RE: Some thoughts
I’m not sold on Richardson. He sails far too many passes and overthrows open receivers way too much for my liking.

I realize he has limited experience and can improve, but other than the first game against Ohio, I think he has regressed in his play.

Our DBs seem to forget how to cover the slant pass. Teams are going to continue to pass against us until we prove we can stop it. Not sure what has changed since the NIU game, but they have gotten worse the last two games, IMO.

Would agree with the special teams. Kicking has been a bright spot.

Gotta question the coaching/play calling. EMU couldn’t stop us running the ball but we kept on throwing. They finally figured it out in the 4th qtr to keep running the ball and things turned around for us.

That was an ugly game though. Seems we have a lot of ugly games with EMU for some reason. Not sure if the team is just not up for them, or what?

We have GOT to stop with the turnovers.

Multiple screw ups, (fumble on a TD, penalty calling back a TD, not being able to make a TD on 4th and goal) all contributed to this game being much closer than it should have been if we limited those mistakes. Add 21 points to this game and it’s a blow out instead of a nail biter.
(This post was last modified: 11-28-2020 06:48 AM by Warhawks222.)
11-28-2020 04:46 AM
AFLAGWA Offline
1st String

I Root For: Snow Days!
RE: Some thoughts
Sorry to see your QB go down last night. You can tell, regardless of any shortcomings he might have as a QB, he has that team.

Your freshman kicker is a stud.
(This post was last modified: 11-28-2020 08:24 AM by AFLAGWA.)
11-28-2020 08:23 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.