Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Multiple Bowling Green players facing suspensions for failing a drug test
Bookmark and Share
zibby Offline
All American

I Root For:
Exclamation Multiple Bowling Green players facing suspensions for failing a drug test
Linky

I'm guessing they weren't performance-enhancing drugs.
11-23-2020 07:56 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Steve1981 Offline
Heisman

I Root For: UMass
RE: Multiple Bowling Green players facing suspensions for failing a drug test
Any word if it was for performance enhancing, cannabis, or something more serious?
11-26-2020 02:27 PM
emu steve Offline
Legend

I Root For: EMU / MAC
Okay, time for one of my old jokes (true, okay, partially):

"Steve, you hair is standing up,"

"I know, my knee was hurting and I took two little blue pills. Now my hair is standing up but my knee still hurts."

"Steve, that was TMI."

"It was a joke."
(This post was last modified: 11-26-2020 04:38 PM by emu steve.)
11-26-2020 04:37 PM
Schadenfreude Offline
Professional Tractor Puller

I Root For: Bowling Green

CrappiesCrappiesCrappies
(11-26-2020 02:27 PM)Steve1981 Wrote:  Any word if it was for performance enhancing, cannabis, or something more serious?

Word on the street is that this was weed.

This is a rebuild project in more ways than one, but I really feel like Scot Loeffler is up to this challenge.
11-27-2020 10:30 AM
Advertisement

Steve1981 Offline
Heisman

I Root For: UMass
Thanks Schandenfreude, well not good, but I give them all a pass as weed is becoming more and more forgiving. Some day perhaps smoking will not be the norm as believe it damages the lungs, but not a medical professional.
11-29-2020 10:20 AM
emu steve Offline
Legend

I Root For: EMU / MAC
(11-29-2020 10:20 AM)Steve1981 Wrote:  Thanks Schandenfreude, well not good, but I give them all a pass as weed is becoming more and more forgiving. Some day perhaps smoking will not be the norm as believe it damages the lungs, but not a medical professional.

Interesting points.

I'm a former marathon runner and think smoking tobacco is like a no-no. (never met a serious runner who smoked). I read that smoking kills a half-million a year through lung cancer, COPD, etc. I believe lung cancer is the #1 preventable cause of death in the U.S.

Then there is the discussion of the effects of weed on the lungs. I never much cared to research which is worse on the lungs.

Anyway, as we know today, anything which is bad for the lungs should be a no no given the nature of this pandemic.

Having said that, I wonder why ANY athlete would smoke anything.
(This post was last modified: 11-29-2020 01:04 PM by emu steve.)
11-29-2020 01:02 PM
UofToledoFans Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Toledo and G5
(11-29-2020 01:02 PM)emu steve Wrote:  
(11-29-2020 10:20 AM)Steve1981 Wrote:  Thanks Schandenfreude, well not good, but I give them all a pass as weed is becoming more and more forgiving. Some day perhaps smoking will not be the norm as believe it damages the lungs, but not a medical professional.

Interesting points.

I'm a former marathon runner and think smoking tobacco is like a no-no. (never met a serious runner who smoked). I read that smoking kills a half-million a year through lung cancer, COPD, etc. I believe lung cancer is the #1 preventable cause of death in the U.S.

Then there is the discussion of the effects of weed on the lungs. I never much cared to research which is worse on the lungs.

Anyway, as we know today, anything which is bad for the lungs should be a no no given the nature of this pandemic.

There's quite a bit of research on increased/decreased lung capacity with marijuana. Michael Phelps smoked cigs like a fiend. Every baseball player until the 70's smoked. Obviously inhibiting the lungs is bad compared to not, but mary J has some other positive side affects as well. Hence why states are starting to legalize substances and decriminalize them.

Regardless team rules are rules no matter what state you're from. Got to stay straight!
11-29-2020 03:57 PM
Advertisement

Bronco'14 Offline
WMU

I Root For: WMU Broncos
They can get w/ the Oregon players & students & have a crack party. Maybe they can take the lead now & have Ohio be the next state to pass it
(This post was last modified: 11-29-2020 04:33 PM by Bronco'14.)
11-29-2020 04:32 PM
toddjnsn Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: WMU, MAC
I think it's only appropriate to have self-applied penalties by coaches where pot is legal and they're over 21 -- on the same level as being found drinking after a game. Maybe one took a hit and a warning's thrown, maybe Crazy Larry actually got pretty high and needs to get benched for a half or more in the next game, etc.

Where it's not legal, or is legal but they're not 21 -- treat it the same as if it's a freshman found drinking.

It's actually a performance NON-enhancer, so there's no "cheating" involved. Nor is it health-threatening. But instead it's a substance, rightfully or wrongfully, banned in their state by them to take in.
11-29-2020 10:37 PM
inductchuck16 Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Toledo Rockets
(11-29-2020 04:32 PM)Bronco14 Wrote:  They can get w/ the Oregon players & students & have a crack party. Maybe they can take the lead now & have Ohio be the next state to pass it

Lol a crack party?? Would you be saying that if they were all caught drinking instead? They smoked a little weed, obviously it’s illegal for now in their state, but the crack statement is rather absurd.
11-30-2020 12:42 AM
Advertisement

inductchuck16 Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Toledo Rockets
(11-29-2020 03:57 PM)UofToledoFans Wrote:  

Interesting points.

There's quite a bit of research on increased/decreased lung capacity with marijuana. Michael Phelps smoked cigs like a fiend. Every baseball player until the 70's smoked. Obviously inhibiting the lungs is bad compared to not, but mary J has some other positive side affects as well. Hence why states are starting to legalize substances and decriminalize them.

Regardless team rules are rules no matter what state you're from. Got to stay straight!

Mary Jane is a better alternative for NFL players and the like than those damn painkillers.
11-30-2020 12:50 AM
FMRocket Offline
All American

I Root For: UT Blue & Gold
(11-30-2020 12:50 AM)inductchuck16 Wrote:  
(11-29-2020 03:57 PM)UofToledoFans Wrote:  

Interesting points.

Mary Jane is a better alternative for NFL players and the like than those damn painkillers.

Mary Jane may be alright, but Lou Reed sez
- stay away from “ Sweet Jane “. 04-cheers
(This post was last modified: 11-30-2020 08:29 AM by FMRocket.)
11-30-2020 08:29 AM
Schadenfreude Offline
Professional Tractor Puller

I Root For: Bowling Green

CrappiesCrappiesCrappies
(11-29-2020 10:37 PM)toddjnsn Wrote:  It's actually a performance NON-enhancer

This is the issue, I imagine. Whether or not it is legal, it will only hurt athletic performance.
11-30-2020 12:28 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.