Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Any chance Marshall gets a game this week?
Bookmark and Share
HERDDDDD Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: HERD
Any chance Marshall gets a game this week?
Has anyone heard anything? ANYTHING ?!?!
I imagine if we schedule a game we’ll know within the next day or two.
Any chance of a conference game being played?

I’m hoping for a Thanksgiving miracle and a Byu matchup. But it’s quiet, also noticing Byu hasn’t scheduled a game so that gives me hope.

Anyone in the know hearing anything?
11-22-2020 07:32 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Dusky Offline
1st String

I Root For: Winning in Paradise
RE: Any chance Marshall gets a game this week?
Why would BYU schedule any game, especially against Marshall?
11-22-2020 07:37 PM
Big Buds Offline
All American

I Root For: Louisiana
(11-22-2020 07:37 PM)Dusky Wrote:  Why would BYU schedule any game, especially against Marshall?
A BYU win against Marshall would all but solidify their CFP bid.
(This post was last modified: 11-22-2020 08:36 PM by Big Buds.)
11-22-2020 08:35 PM
Advertisement

rileylives Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Marshall
I am not in the know. But looking at it logically, I don't think we'll get a game in this week at all.

If we were to schedule BYU, we would have had to do it by now, to prepare, book travel, get game tape, implement practice. There's just not enough time for it now.
11-22-2020 08:45 PM
rileylives Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Marshall
The only FBS schools available this week were BYU, Army and Navy.

It seems as if Army and Navy are sitting to get rest for their match up in 2 weeks.

Army was already on record saying that the commander in chief trophy is their main goal.

Interestingly enough, Liberty had this week as an open date before they scheduled UMass about two weeks ago.

There are no other FBS schools. I have run through this in detail about a month or two ago. Marshall will have another by week of rest before their inevitable two week string of additional postponments and cancellations.
11-22-2020 08:49 PM
Advertisement

HERDDDDD Offline
Special Teams

(11-22-2020 08:49 PM)rileylives Wrote:  The only FBS schools available this week were BYU, Army and Navy.

It seems as if Army and Navy are sitting to get rest for their match up in 2 weeks.

Army was already on record saying that the commander in chief trophy is their main goal.

Interestingly enough, Liberty had this week as an open date before they scheduled UMass about two weeks ago.

There are no other FBS schools. I have run through this in detail about a month or two ago. Marshall will have another by week of rest before their inevitable two week string of additional postponments and cancellations.

And continue to go the wrong direction in the polls
11-22-2020 08:56 PM
HERDDDDD Offline
Special Teams

Just read Washington vs Washington state has been cancelled due to Washington st having carona. Washington has openly admitted to looking for a replacement and has contacted BYU. The ESPN article says —-

thout an opponent this week, Washington, which had its season opener against Cal canceled, will attempt to find a replacement team to play. The Pac-12 announced this week it will allow nonconference games, reversing a policy set earlier in the year.

Washington has reached out to BYU about playing a replacement game this week, but the eighth-ranked Cougars have so far resisted, sources told ESPN.——

Could this mean Byu is not interested in Washington and is gonna play Marshall or someone else??? Or they happy to play no one??

Could Marshall attempt to go to Washington??!!? I know it’s a stretch but it’s 2020.
11-22-2020 09:17 PM
Advertisement

FriscoDawg Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: Louisiana Tech
If Marshall isn't following the Pac 12 testing protocols, the Pac 12 won't allow that game to be scheduled. That means DAILY testing.
11-22-2020 09:25 PM
Dusky Offline
1st String

I Root For: Winning in Paradise
(11-22-2020 09:25 PM)FriscoDawg Wrote:  If Marshall isn't following the Pac 12 testing protocols, the Pac 12 won't allow that game to be scheduled. That means DAILY testing.

And we know that’s not happening.
11-22-2020 09:34 PM
Advertisement

blazerjay Offline

I Root For: UAB
Donators
11-22-2020 09:43 PM
HERDDDDD Offline
Special Teams

(11-22-2020 09:43 PM)blazerjay Wrote:  

Reading that it looks like the games gonna happen, unfortunately for us.
11-22-2020 10:08 PM
ThunderingHerdFan Offline
1st String

I Root For:
(11-22-2020 08:56 PM)HERDDDDD Wrote:  
(11-22-2020 08:49 PM)rileylives Wrote:  The only FBS schools available this week were BYU, Army and Navy.

And continue to go the wrong direction in the polls

Open weeks have nothing to do with dropping in the polls. A win over Charlotte wouldn’t have made a difference in this week’s poll.

Coastal beat Appy and dropped in the AP. It’s a joke that Iowa State and Oklahoma jumped Marshall. Northwestern was going to jump regardless. Point being, the lack of a game had no effect on the polls.
11-22-2020 10:38 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.