I Root For: Not "Not Duane"
Starting 5 for 20-21 hoops
I will go with

1) DeJulius
2) MAW
3) KW
4) Dou
5) Vogt

Harvey is first guard off the bench and IRap first big man. Im not expecting a ton of minutes from any of the freshman other than I think Eason and Gabe M get about 15 minutes. I think scoring will be pretty balanced with KW leading the way at about 14-15 per game.

11-22-2020 07:22 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

C1ncy4Life Offline
All American

I Root For: Cincinnati
RE: Starting 5 for 20-21 hoops
I don’t recall where, but I heard that Mason Madsen is the one brother that has been turning heads early with his hustle, defense, and versatility.

I’m excited to see what Brannen does this year. Last year was a weird transition year where he had to throw the roster together. We are being overlooked by most preseason previews, but I think we should be able to make the tournament if everything comes together. Still a lot of new parts as Brannen tries to get his that fit what he wants to do.

11-22-2020 09:28 AM
SeniorBearcat Offline
I can eat fifty eggs

I Root For: Binturongs

Donators
Will 18-7 get us in the NCAA tournament 14-6 in conference (4-1 non conference)?

Preliminary guess on the season...hope we go 20-5 and this team really gels but I see a talented roster that will take some time adjusting...with only 25 games (maybe less with COVID) we need to come out of the gate strong. Lipscomb, X, Furman, Tenn and UGA...4-1 there would be a good start and we need early AAC victories because our schedule is back loaded.

11-22-2020 09:52 AM
dsquare Offline
All American

I Root For: Cincy
It's way to early to tell when you have this many new pieces, particularly with two veteran transfers, and a frosh bench for the most part. Lots and lots of wild cards, not to mention cancellations, et. al Will be interesting for everybody.

11-22-2020 10:16 AM
Don't tase me bro Offline
Special Teams

I'll go with:

1. DeJulius
2. Adams-Woods
3. Williams
4. Ivanauskas
5. Vogt

This year's team will be better and more consistent than last year's. Whether the starting five is as good as last year is certainly debatable, but the talent on the bench is much deeper. I think we'll see a lot of minutes for all of the non walk-ons with the possible exception of Lakhin.

(This post was last modified: 11-22-2020 12:50 PM by Don't tase me bro.)
11-22-2020 10:29 AM
Bear Catlett Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: UC
I don't think Diarra is ready for the starting lineup yet.

I'll go with Rap's experience. Especially if he plays for us the way he played against us.

11-22-2020 10:30 AM
Advertisement

geef Offline
JV Bench Warmer

(11-22-2020 10:30 AM)Bear Catlett Wrote:  I don't think Diarra is ready for the starting lineup yet.

I'll go with Rap's experience. Especially if he plays for us the way he played against us.

Agree with this, although I believe Dou is ready for a big leap. What's the word on Davenport, by the way? Is he still going to be out to begin the year?

11-22-2020 10:33 AM
skyblade Offline
1st String

(11-22-2020 10:30 AM)Bear Catlett Wrote:  I don't think Diarra is ready for the starting lineup yet.

I expect this team to be worse than last years team. With Covid limiting practices and early games, this season is going to favor teams that have veteran returning players more so than usual. We are going to have a lot of new faces, play quite a few freshmen and it is going to take awhile for them to gel. The short out of conference schedule and tough games is going to be pretty unforgiving.

Rap's game against us was the exception, not the rule. He has generally performed poorly against quality teams. I expect him to be similar to our experience historically with small school transfers moving up in competition. A quality 6th man, somewhat streaky and regularly having issues on defense. Much like Cane Broome or Jaevin Cumberland, he will have games he will take over on offense, but when he isn't playing great on offense, his defense will make him nearly unplayable at times.

I believe Dou will start because of his experience in the system and his defense. Vogt, Rap and Diarra will probably all average in the 20-25 minute range (possibly more if Davenport/Eason can't earn minutes). I expect Diarra to average the most minutes out of bigs because of his defense. Vogt and Rap need to have a major impact on offense to make up for their poor defense (unless one of them makes a big jump defensively), while Diarra can play solid defense and be enough of a threat from 3 to be playable on offense.

11-22-2020 10:46 AM
MickMack Offline
All American

I Root For: UC!
(11-22-2020 10:46 AM)skyblade Wrote:  

I expect this team to be worse than last years team. With Covid limiting practices and early games, this season is going to favor teams that have veteran returning players more so than usual. We are going to have a lot of new faces, play quite a few freshmen and it is going to take awhile for them to gel. The short out of conference schedule and tough games is going to be pretty unforgiving.

Rap's game against us was the exception, not the rule. He has generally performed poorly against quality teams. I expect him to be similar to our experience historically with small school transfers moving up in competition. A quality 6th man, somewhat streaky and regularly having issues on defense. Much like Cane Broome or Jaevin Cumberland, he will have games he will take over on offense, but when he isn't playing great on offense, his defense will make him nearly unplayable at times.

I believe Dou will start because of his experience in the system and his defense. Vogt, Rap and Diarra will probably all average in the 20-25 minute range (possibly more if Davenport/Eason can't earn minutes). I expect Diarra to average the most minutes out of bigs because of his defense. Vogt and Rap need to have a major impact on offense to make up for their poor defense (unless one of them makes a big jump defensively), while Diarra can play solid defense and be enough of a threat from 3 to be playable on offense.

First Team All American Diarra! -hepblade.

11-22-2020 11:07 AM
dsquare Offline
All American

I Root For: Cincy
(11-22-2020 11:07 AM)MickMack Wrote:  

First Team All American Diarra! -hepblade.

LOL, I sensed a familiar theme.

11-22-2020 11:28 AM
CincyBro Offline
All American

I Root For: " NO GOR "

Of coarse you do, they run you away from Bearcat Talk....04-cheers

11-22-2020 11:29 AM
Advertisement

SeniorBearcat Offline
I can eat fifty eggs

Donators
Season Opening Lineup
PG - DDJ
SG - MAW
Wing -KW
PF - Rap
C -Vogt

Conference Tournament Lineup
PG - MAW
SG - ZH
Wing - KW
PF - Eason
C - Vogt

I think DDJ will end up being instant offense and a spark from the bench with Saunders and Rap / Dou bringing mismatches that will wear teams down. Having watched DDJ the last two seasons I love his offense but teams picked on him defensively...hopefully he takes a leap here in that regard and is a starter throughout the year...but right now I think MAW and ZH might give us more upside on both sides of the court. Looking forward to the season and hoping COVID does not derail it again.

11-22-2020 11:53 AM
HoopsJunky Offline
Heisman

Donators
DDJ
MAW to begin the season. Harvey will take over later in season
KW
Rap
vogt

11-22-2020 12:41 PM
jarr Offline
Hall of Famer

I think when it is all said and done... Rap, Dou, and Vogt get about even minutes rotating between 4 and 5, but I think we are better off starting Dou because he is more versatile defensively. Hopefully he has bulked up.

11-22-2020 04:54 PM
Crewdogz Offline
I'm Your Huckleberry

I Root For: America
Donators
Chatter is looking down and smiling on your lineups.

11-22-2020 04:59 PM
RuckleSt Offline
All American

I feel like most years we usually have 2 or 3 starters written in stone before the season starts, and this year KW is the only guy I would classify that way. That should be kind of terrifying, but instead I'm just really intrigued/excited to see how all the new faces meld together.

11-22-2020 05:10 PM
Advertisement

jarr Offline
Hall of Famer

(11-22-2020 04:59 PM)Crewdogz Wrote:  Chatter is looking down and smiling on your lineups.

03-lmfao yes he would have every different type of lineup (small, big, athletic, shooters), points, minutes, rebounds averages all figured out before the season tipped off.

11-22-2020 07:47 PM
jarr Offline
Hall of Famer

(11-22-2020 05:10 PM)RuckleSt Wrote:  I feel like most years we usually have 2 or 3 starters written in stone before the season starts, and this year KW is the only guy I would classify that way. That should be kind of terrifying, but instead I'm just really intrigued/excited to see how all the new faces meld together.

I would say Vogt is pretty much a lock as well at this point.

11-22-2020 07:48 PM
rogeroh Offline
Water Engineer

MAW/KW/Rap/Vogt and....Eason

11-22-2020 09:24 PM
BrooklynRocket Offline
1st String

I Root For: Cardozo HS
1) DDJ - I think he'll be our 2nd best playmaker behind Keith. There will be some growing pains with him adjusting to a new/bigger role but I think his talent will shine through most nights.

2) MAW - Not expecting to see a big year 1 to year 2 jump with him but I expect him to be consistent on both ends of the floor and hit a few shots each night.

3) Keith - No doubts about his ability at this point - he's absolutely ready to be The Man this year. Always did a great job of letting the game come to him on offense and I hope he keeps that same mindset while still being more assertive when necessary.

4) Rap - Think he'll be a high floor/low ceiling 3rd/4th option on offense and hopefully can use his experience to not be too much of a liability on defense. Would like to see Dou start here by season's end, but also recognize he may need time to develop into a consistent rotation player.

5) Vogt - Just need him to stay healthy and we'll get a solid ~25 minutes from him each night

11-22-2020 10:20 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.