UAB Blazers

Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

[split] North Texas Game Postponed......
UAB Schnauzer Offline
1st String

I Root For: UAB
[split] North Texas Game Postponed......
sucks but not a surprise. every day I see more and more people refusing or neglecting to take simple precautions.
11-12-2020 09:30 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

BlazinBham Offline
Banned

RE: North Texas Game Postponed......
masks don’t work. Otherwise, the game would be played.
11-12-2020 09:37 PM
WesternBlazer Online
Hall of Famer

(11-12-2020 09:37 PM)BlazinBham Wrote:  masks don’t work. Otherwise, the game would be played.

Lets not get into it and derail this thread, but I totally disagree...
11-12-2020 09:44 PM
UAB Band Dad Offline
Occasionally Reasonable

I Root For: A Free UAB!
BlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk Award
(11-12-2020 09:37 PM)BlazinBham Wrote:  masks don’t work. Otherwise, the game would be played.

Especially if you don't wear them.

Not wearing masks does not work. That's why the numbers are exploding. Just like the science said they would if we didn't do what it took to crush it.

I have worked in an operating room. Go peddle "masks don't work" to the ignorant.
(This post was last modified: 11-13-2020 09:24 AM by UAB Band Dad.)
11-13-2020 08:27 AM
The Answer UAB Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: UAB!!!

You are dead wrong as usual. Please don’t bring that crap into an unrelated thread.
11-13-2020 10:12 AM
BlazerFromMD Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: UAB, USNA
and every other post quoting and refuting him just keeps it going.
11-13-2020 10:16 AM
Advertisement

UAB Band Dad Offline
Occasionally Reasonable

I Root For: A Free UAB!
BlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk Award
Sorry to throw gas on the fire, but I'm just not having that nonsense any more. A quarter of a million Americans are dead because people won't take the simplest public health measures to protect themselves and others around them. Germ theory isn't controversial, it's a fact.

My brother is a respiratory therapist. He works in a Covid ward in San Antonio. He gets out of bed and goes to work every day, trying to save the lives of Covid victims. This is what he wears to work:

https://www.amazon.com/North-Medium-Blac...163&sr=8-2

But "masks don't work".

I'm tired of nonsense like this, of people who choose to remain ignorant. I'm not going to be silent in the face of it.
(This post was last modified: 11-13-2020 10:34 AM by UAB Band Dad.)
11-13-2020 10:33 AM
The Answer UAB Offline
Hall of Famer

(11-13-2020 10:33 AM)UAB Band Dad Wrote:  Sorry to throw gas on the fire, but I'm just not having that nonsense any more. A quarter of a million Americans are dead because people won't take the simplest public health measures to protect themselves and others around them. Germ theory isn't controversial, it's a fact.

My brother is a respiratory therapist. He works in a Covid ward in San Antonio. He gets out of bed and goes to work every day, trying to save the lives of Covid victims. This is what he wears to work:

But "masks don't work".

I'm tired of nonsense like this, of people who choose to remain ignorant. I'm not going to be silent in the face of it.

I agree. He’s ignorant and I’m tired of him peddling his conspiracy theory crap on here.
11-13-2020 10:48 AM
HiddenDragon Offline
Banned

I Root For:
BlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk Award
(11-13-2020 10:48 AM)The Answer UAB Wrote:  
(11-13-2020 10:33 AM)UAB Band Dad Wrote:  Sorry to throw gas on the fire, but I'm just not having that nonsense any more. A quarter of a million Americans are dead because people won't take the simplest public health measures to protect themselves and others around them. Germ theory isn't controversial, it's a fact.

But "masks don't work".

I agree. He’s ignorant and I’m tired of him peddling his conspiracy theory crap on here.

Moderators let him get away with it.
11-13-2020 02:29 PM
The Answer UAB Offline
Hall of Famer

(11-13-2020 02:29 PM)HiddenDragon Wrote:  

But "masks don't work".

Yes they do. He's said a lot worse stuff, and they've let him get away with it.
11-13-2020 03:03 PM
BatesUAB Offline
Doombringer, Esq.

I Root For: Hard Liquor

But "masks don't work".

The moderators allow someone to say something you disagree with?? Those basterds... How about maybe paying no attention to it and moving on with your life, as opposed to continuing to pour gasoline on the fire. You know, if you see something you don't like, don't bring it further into the spotlight by acknowledging it. It is a pretty simple concept. And you can't honestly believe you're going to change someone's opinion by sharing yours on a message board. If I had my way, I'd ban everyone on here- from both sides- who get into these arguments on this board. A lot of us are tired of seeing it.
11-13-2020 03:17 PM
Advertisement

The Answer UAB Offline
Hall of Famer

(11-13-2020 03:17 PM)BatesUAB Wrote:  

But "masks don't work".

The moderators allow someone to say something you disagree with?? Those basterds... How about maybe paying no attention to it and moving on with your life, as opposed to continuing to pour gasoline on the fire. You know, if you see something you don't like, don't bring it further into the spotlight by acknowledging it. It is a pretty simple concept. And you can't honestly believe you're going to change someone's opinion by sharing yours on a message board. If I had my way, I'd ban everyone on here- from both sides- who get into these arguments on this board. A lot of us are tired of seeing it.

It's not just that we disagree with him, it's that his statement is completely wrong. It's also ignorant and dangerous. The mods have let him get away with the anti-mask/anti-COVID stuff, as well as letting him get away with saying blatantly racist things on the board previously.
(This post was last modified: 11-13-2020 03:20 PM by The Answer UAB.)
11-13-2020 03:20 PM
BlazinBham Offline
Banned

It’s the flu and pneumonia. Nobody died from purely covid over the summer. That’s why they dug into last flu season to find back logged deaths just so they could keep some consistency with the daily death count. Why are all the teams cancelling, because we just began fall and what, the flu season. Covid was over on Saturday when y’all danced in the street for a racist VP by the hundreds of thousands then got online to virtue signal because Norte dame stormed the field. Covid makes it way back into the headlines as voter fraud makes its way to front page news but is buried by all of mainstream media and social media platforms. Again keep pretending Covid is real only when it’s convenient for you politically.

You know, there’s nobody being forced to take the more ridiculous protocols more than athletes. Whole team gets sidelined due to fake positives or what y’all like to call “contact tracing” because it gives your dem leaders a sense of control. Whole team is masked up 24/7 outside their homes, but “masks work”. Yeah, at killing immune systems. Ask all of the folks with strep throat, dry coughs, and tonsillitis.

Boy, this communism is going to be fun. When 10-20 million illegal immigrants get citizenship, don’t suddenly find your morals and values and say this sucks. This is what you wanted.
11-13-2020 03:34 PM
BatesUAB Offline
Doombringer, Esq.

(11-13-2020 03:20 PM)The Answer UAB Wrote:  
(11-13-2020 03:17 PM)BatesUAB Wrote:  

But "masks don't work".

It's not just that we disagree with him, it's that his statement is completely wrong. It's also ignorant and dangerous. The mods have let him get away with the anti-mask/anti-COVID stuff, as well as letting him get away with saying blatantly racist things on the board previously.

Oh my God!!! Somebody said something ignorant and/or racist on THE INTERNET?!?!?!?!?! THIS CANNOT STAND!!!! We MUST do something about it!!!
11-13-2020 03:51 PM
BlazinBham Offline
Banned

Without having a countering argument, it’s easier to just label everything you disagree with as racist. It’s the way to work around the 1st amendment to silence those in disagreement. There’s only one side calling for segregation and it’s those who voted for the segregationist.
(This post was last modified: 11-13-2020 03:56 PM by BlazinBham.)
11-13-2020 03:55 PM
HiddenDragon Offline
Banned

I Root For:
BlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk Award
(11-13-2020 03:17 PM)BatesUAB Wrote:  The moderators allow someone to say something you disagree with?? Those basterds...

It's political and not related to the thread. And if you ask how it is political then shame on you.
11-13-2020 04:03 PM
Advertisement

BatesUAB Offline
Doombringer, Esq.

I think the larger concern is the disinformation. Everyone knows that our country's #1 source of information about the pandemic is Blazertalk. All of these people flocking to this site to learn how to protect themselves from the virus are going to get bad information, and we will have deaths in the tens of millions. And those deaths will be on YOUR hands BlazinBham. It is our moral obligation, as posters on a college sports message board (and thus the most trusted arbiters of medical science), to ensure that only the best information comes from this site. Otherwise, we will lose the faith of the masses, and they will no longer turn to us for their concerns about their health.
(This post was last modified: 11-13-2020 04:04 PM by BatesUAB.)
11-13-2020 04:03 PM
demiveeman Offline
Heisman

BlazerTalk Award
(11-13-2020 04:03 PM)BatesUAB Wrote:  I think the larger concern is the disinformation. Everyone knows that our country's #1 source of information about the pandemic is Blazertalk. All of these people flocking to this site to learn how to protect themselves from the virus are going to get bad information, and we will have deaths in the tens of millions. And those deaths will be on YOUR hands BlazinBham. It is our moral obligation, as posters on a college sports message board (and thus the most trusted arbiters of medical science), to ensure that only the best information comes from this site. Otherwise, we will lose the faith of the masses, and they will no longer turn to us for their concerns about their health.

I mean, that's a weird way to say "it's frustrating and embarrassing for a fanbase supporting a team from a world-class medical institution to deny science and evidence"...but okay sure, I can get behind that too :-)
11-13-2020 04:08 PM
BlazinBham Offline
Banned

UTEP game is cancelled. Again, when I rant, it’s reactionary. If I get banned, Time for some others to go as well.

I wear my mask. Unless I’m outside and there’s nobody within the imaginary 6 feet covid resistant bubble. I’ve kept my vulnerable stuck at home all year while those virtue signaling have burned, looted, murdered and lynched. Forgive me if some of us want our freedom back from the hypocrisy.

Again. The CDC, which everyone likes to cherry pick when they are right and wrong has refuted just about everything we can think of regarding the virus.
(This post was last modified: 11-13-2020 04:11 PM by BlazinBham.)
11-13-2020 04:09 PM
The Answer UAB Offline
Hall of Famer

No. your statements are ignorant because they are ignorant. And you said something blatantly racist earlier in the year around the george floyd protests.
11-13-2020 04:15 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.