UAB Blazers

Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

New uniforms?
blazr Away
Hall of Famer

I Root For: UAB
New uniforms?
Had extra time on my hands, as I often do lately, and started thinking about the first year in Protective Stadium (btw, can we come up with an acronym that we all agree with...Protective is a PITA to type). A new chapter is beginning. I think someone said Clark’s son designed the unis we’ve worn since The Return. They are awesome and have served us well for these 4 seasons. But...

What if we started 2021 with a new look? What would you change just for a boost?

Oddly, as I started this post, it’s hard to come up with much. I like the all-white, lids to pants, on the road...feel like when we wear the green pants and/or gold lids away from home it just looks off. I hate same colored unis at home, though. But that’s a personal preference...I hate them on any team. BHD must remain. Going back to the white tops I think we need to tweak the numbers to make them easier to see (and I think David Crane might pay us out of his own pocket for that).

Thoughts?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
11-09-2020 02:20 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

BatesUAB Offline
Doombringer, Esq.

I Root For: Hard Liquor
RE: New uniforms?
[Image: 1709-Football.jpg]
11-09-2020 03:46 PM
blazr Away
Hall of Famer

New uniforms?
(11-09-2020 03:46 PM)BatesUAB Wrote:  [Image: 1709-Football.jpg]

Wow...that’s some kind of yellow

11-09-2020 06:01 PM
blazr Away
Hall of Famer

New uniforms?
When Mike Davis was here didn’t Nike send us uniforms in that yellow rather than gold? Or was us under Anderson? I think it was just on our home jerseys and Nike replaced them, but we had to wear either the previous year’s unis or practice uniforms for a game or 2.

Then there’s the green/black, “a2b” screw up where we had to wear the road jerseys from the year before the entire season. That was on us as they sent exactly what the asst. coach had ordered.

(This post was last modified: 11-09-2020 07:33 PM by blazr.)
11-09-2020 07:33 PM
Advertisement

blazinrunner Offline
All American

I Root For: UAB & Marlins
I’d like the helmets to say “Birmingham.”
11-09-2020 11:08 PM
blazr Away
Hall of Famer

(11-09-2020 11:08 PM)blazinrunner Wrote:  I’d like the helmets to say “Birmingham.”

Helmets are sacred and not an option. BHD rulez all. Unless we want add a stripe. I might like one like the Titans helmet: broad center stripe at the base that narrows to a point at the front. Two-tone grey (meant to mirror the sword). Maybe a green one for our lids.
11-09-2020 11:13 PM
C-Finder Offline
All American

I was thinking an all gold uniform.
11-09-2020 11:28 PM
Advertisement

UAB Band Dad Offline
Occasionally Reasonable

I Root For: A Free UAB!
BlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk Award
Wear green dammit!
11-11-2020 04:30 PM
BAMANBLAZERFAN Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: UAB & Bama

BlazerTalk Award
Oregon uses the same colors as UAB but with their special relationship with Knight of NIKE, they (along with the NFL Seahawks) have experimented with less common shades of the two colors including GLOW type shades. Since they and several other schools use green and gold, perhaps we might borrow some ideas for our new uniforms for 2021.(At one time the old Sunbelt was nicknamed the "Green and Gold League" because so many of its members at the time had those colors)

I like the idea f having "Birmingham" in some form on our new uniforms. How do you feel about UAB adopting the Blue Star (and perhaps Ising it on our helmets) now that Carraway may be demolished?
11-11-2020 05:24 PM
C-Finder Offline
All American

(11-11-2020 05:24 PM)BAMANBLAZERFAN Wrote:  Oregon uses the same colors as UAB but with their special relationship with Knight of NIKE, they (along with the NFL Seahawks) have experimented with less common shades of the two colors including GLOW type shades. Since they and several other schools use green and gold, perhaps we might borrow some ideas for our new uniforms for 2021.(At one time the old Sunbelt was nicknamed the "Green and Gold League" because so many of its members at the time had those colors)

I like the idea f having "Birmingham" in some form on our new uniforms. How do you feel about UAB adopting the Blue Star (and perhaps Ising it on our helmets) now that Carraway may be demolished?

If Carraway was a UAB hospital sure, but nah.

I'm not a fan of the highlight bright colors 03-puke
11-11-2020 08:20 PM
Advertisement

Qwilliams07 Offline
Bench Warmer

(11-09-2020 02:20 PM)blazr Wrote:  Had extra time on my hands, as I often do lately, and started thinking about the first year in Protective Stadium (btw, can we come up with an acronym that we all agree with...Protective is a PITA to type). A new chapter is beginning. I think someone said Clark’s son designed the unis we’ve worn since The Return. They are awesome and have served us well for these 4 seasons. But...

What if we started 2021 with a new look? What would you change just for a boost?

Oddly, as I started this post, it’s hard to come up with much. I like the all-white, lids to pants, on the road...feel like when we wear the green pants and/or gold lids away from home it just looks off. I hate same colored unis at home, though. But that’s a personal preference...I hate them on any team. BHD must remain. Going back to the white tops I think we need to tweak the numbers to make them easier to see (and I think David Crane might pay us out of his own pocket for that).

Thoughts?

Wow. So BC’s son is to blame for the ugly home unis. I hope and pray we get new unis. Maybe BC should leave uniform design to the professionals. I do love the icy whites though and, of course, children’s harbor. With our logo and colors, we can do so much better.
11-12-2020 12:25 AM
blazr Away
Hall of Famer

New uniforms?
(11-12-2020 12:25 AM)Qwilliams07 Wrote:  
(11-09-2020 02:20 PM)blazr Wrote:  Had extra time on my hands, as I often do lately, and started thinking about the first year in Protective Stadium (btw, can we come up with an acronym that we all agree with...Protective is a PITA to type). A new chapter is beginning. I think someone said Clark’s son designed the unis we’ve worn since The Return. They are awesome and have served us well for these 4 seasons. But...

Thoughts?

Wow. So BC’s son is to blame for the ugly home unis. I hope and pray we get new unis. Maybe BC should leave uniform design to the professionals. I do love the icy whites though and, of course, children’s harbor. With our logo and colors, we can do so much better.

I will vehemently disagree with your opinion on our home jerseys. Under Armor screwed them up this year anyway. But the info re: BC’s son was a rumble I heard...just that he had a hand in the design.

11-12-2020 02:40 AM
busch Offline
Special Teams

I Root For:

Thoughts?

Jacob Clark had input on the 2014 uniforms. He was in high school, at the time, and UAB was a Nike school. He never designed any uniform.
11-12-2020 10:24 AM
Advertisement

UABFRENCHY Offline
Heisman

Donators
(11-11-2020 04:30 PM)UAB Band Dad Wrote:  Wear green dammit!
yes
11-12-2020 10:47 AM
blazr Away
Hall of Famer

New uniforms?
(11-12-2020 10:24 AM)busch Wrote:  

Thoughts?

Jacob Clark had input on the 2014 uniforms. He was in high school, at the time, and UAB was a Nike school. He never designed any uniform.

Ty, sir

11-12-2020 11:17 AM
Qwilliams07 Offline
Bench Warmer

(11-12-2020 02:40 AM)blazr Wrote:  
(11-12-2020 12:25 AM)Qwilliams07 Wrote:  

Thoughts?

I will vehemently disagree with your opinion on our home jerseys. Under Armor screwed them up this year anyway. But the info re: BC’s son was a rumble I heard...just that he had a hand in the design.

Not so much the Jersey as it is the whole uniform. The pants are the worse part of the uniform for me .., that’s my opinion. We can do much better.
(This post was last modified: 11-12-2020 02:04 PM by Qwilliams07.)
11-12-2020 02:03 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.