Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

NBC Sports Washington to Re-Air Classic JMU Football Games in November
Bookmark and Share
lingerba Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: JMU
NBC Sports Washington to Re-Air Classic JMU Football Games in November
HARRISONBURG, Va. – James Madison Athletics announced memorable football games of the past will be televised regionally on NBC Sports Washington on Sundays during November in a series named "Classic Rewind," sponsored by Toyota.

Games in their entirety will air immediately following the Washington Football Team's postgame show on the network. The re-broadcasts will air at 5 p.m. on Nov. 8, 15 and 22 and at 6 p.m. on Nov. 29. Additionally, there are tentative plans to also re-air two more classic JMU games during the month of December with those matchups to be determined at a later date.

The confirmed re-broadcast schedule includes:
Nov. 8 – JMU vs. Appalachian State in 2008
Nov. 15 – JMU vs. New Hampshire in 2007
Nov. 22 – JMU at Richmond in 2008
Nov. 29 – JMU vs. William & Mary in 2012
TBD in December – two additional classic games

The first re-broadcast features arguably the greatest comeback in JMU football history, as it rallied from 21 down to upend the top-ranked Mountaineers, 35-32, on Sept. 20, 2008.

The following week, NBCSW airs JMU's come-from-behind victory in its home opener on Sept. 8, 2007, against the Wildcats. In that game, the Dukes scored the game's final 24 points.

JMU's third re-airing of classic games is one no JMU fan will soon forget, as Scotty McGee's 69-yard punt return in the waning moments lifted the Dukes to a thrilling 38-31 win at #5 Richmond on Oct. 11, 2008.

The last of the four scheduled broadcasts takes fans back to JMU's most recent double-overtime victory on Oct. 14, 2012. The Dukes outlasted the Tribe, 27-26, in a game decided on a two-point conversion attempt.

https://jmusports.com/news/2020/11/6/nbc...ember.aspx
11-07-2020 08:05 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

purplesanman Offline
1st String

I Root For: jmu
RE: NBC Sports Washington to Re-Air Classic JMU Football Games in November
Watching the game while I do some things around the house. There were obviously stars on both teams that would still dominate today, but you cant help but notice how much more complete today's jmu and ndsu teams are than the best teams from a decade ago.
11-08-2020 06:18 PM
olddawg Offline
Hall of Famer

I'm pissed. Apparently its only on NBCSports-Washington....not here in Raleigh. Oh well, I was there and still have clear memories. Still feel like Landers could dominate today.
(This post was last modified: 11-09-2020 10:13 AM by olddawg.)
11-08-2020 06:44 PM
Advertisement

JMUNation Offline
All American

It was fun to watch the TV broadcast tonight. I was at the game so I did not see the original broadcast.

I also reflected back to the halftime bourbon and ginger I received from Marc Butler in the parking garage. He did not have cancer at that time. It was one of many fond memories I have of Marc. I remember the two of us feeling very disappointed at halftime. So much so that we may have still been enjoying our libation when the second half kickoff occurred.

That win might be the biggest comeback win in JMU football history. There was some real late game drama. App scored a TD in the last two minutes of the game and converted a two point conversion. That drive took only 49 seconds. On the ensuing onside kick, JMUs Hayward lined up offside. Because of Hayward’s blunder, JMU had to recover a second try by App. Also, JMU should have been able to run out the clock by kneeling but the officials allowed App to preserve additional time on the clock by faking two injuries. With an injury, the play clock was reset to 25 seconds instead of 40. This preserved an additional 30 seconds of clock time. Rodney ended the game with a quick kick that burned the last 12 seconds of clock. There was a lot of anxiety with the last two minutes of the game.
11-08-2020 11:41 PM
Dukester Offline

Bummed I did not see this thread until last night. 03-weeping

Would of loved to see the ASU game. As I said last week, it was the biggest regular season home game in JMU history.
11-09-2020 09:04 AM
Advertisement

Dukesfan71 Offline
1st String

I Root For: JMU Dukes
JMU vs Richmond 2008 on now
Should be an exciting finish
11-22-2020 06:42 PM
purplesanman Offline
1st String

I Root For: jmu
(11-22-2020 06:42 PM)Dukesfan71 Wrote:  JMU vs Richmond 2008 on now
Should be an exciting finish

Down by 8 with just over 3 minutes to go. Anybody know what the line is now? I feel like you could get some pretty good odds.
11-22-2020 07:37 PM
Advertisement

JMU Offline
All American

Awesome!!! Never gets old. Duuuuukes!!!!!
11-22-2020 08:00 PM
Duke Dawg Offline
Heisman

I Root For: James Madison
In 2020, scottys return may have never happened.

Holloman looked down on tying td. And yancey appeared to be bobbling the ball on the 2 pt conversion.

We could have still scored and still made another 2 pt conversion, but that would not have left enough time for McGee and the game would likely have headed to OT.
11-22-2020 08:19 PM
Advertisement

Dukester Offline

Forgot about Sunday's game. 03-hissyfit

Watched the week before against UNH.

To think we had Baker returning punts and Scotty returning Kickoffs on the same team.

Not a bad returning duo.

02-13-banana
11-24-2020 03:10 PM
ParentofJMUMRDs Offline
Heisman

William and Mary game from 2012 id on now. Double overtime game.

Brian
11-29-2020 07:05 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.