Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

2020 Presidential Election predictions
Rice93 Offline
Heisman

I Root For:
New Orleans Bowl
2020 Presidential Election predictions
I think Biden is going to win but I am much less confident about it than the polls night suggest. Right now I give him about a 65% chance at winning.

I think it will take 2-3 days before the race is made official. I wonder if Trump is going to declare victory before the race is officially called?

I'm staying in the USA regardless of the result. I think maybe #'s had mentioned moving overseas should his guy not win. Is that still in the works?
11-02-2020 01:27 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

wrysal Offline
1st String

I Root For: Rice

New Orleans Bowl
RE: 2020 Presidential Election predictions
Trump wins Florida, Georgia, Iowa and Ohio. With that being said he only has to win 2 or 3 of Arizona, PA, Minnesota, Michigan, North Carolina, Nevada and Wisconsin. Therefore, Trump wins (in spite of massive cheating), and bring on the riots.
11-02-2020 03:11 PM
flash3200 Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: Rice/EOLRRF
Can see a 270-268 Biden victory with Biden picking up MI-MN-WI-AZ and Trump getting FL-NC-PA-ME2.

I see 60% chance of Biden winning. I think Trump is too far behind in the polls and it is going to take too much to win FL-NC-PA-ME2 + something else. McSally is a weak Senate candidate and may prove detrimental to drive turnout in AZ. I will get great delight if Trump wins as another defeat for the pseudo-science that is called polling, but I could see there being at least a recount in PA if not other states that could take a few weeks to resolve.

I can't wait to see CNN et. al. self immolate on-air again if Trump somehow pulls this off.
11-02-2020 04:08 PM
OptimisticOwl Offline
Legend

The Parliament AwardsNew Orleans BowlFootball GeniusCrappiesDonatorsDonators
I haven't felt this bad about an election since 2016, but that turned out OK.

A Biden loss will send the mob into the streets, to burn and loot as a way to show their displeasure.

Nobody will be be conceding soon. Either way, it will go to the courts.
(This post was last modified: 11-02-2020 08:07 PM by OptimisticOwl.)
11-02-2020 08:07 PM
tanqtonic Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: rice
I am seeing an interesting and subtle upside to this election, actually.

The first effect is that people are literally *racing* to pull money out of the stock market in a presaging of a Biden win causing a big correction.

The result is that people like that now have a big mattress of cash funds to do something with.

I have been involved in setting up some 'local area' chain businesses --- but in at least two of them they were seeking investors for a chunk of the 'next shop in the build'. Things had somewhat stalled out with the 'big chunk investors' they/we expected to pull in, that is two investors taking the entire ask between them.

Ends up that they turned their attention to pulling 'retail investors' -- i.e. people nearly at or just over accredited. They had an ask for 600k for a portion of the location build they were putting together. They literally had people streaming in and almost racing to get checks in their hands for the ask, and almost everyone of them said they were converting stock market to local investment simply because of what they expected the market to do.

Turns out the client sold out the syndication for location 3, then put out the syndication for location 4 way ahead of schedule simply due to the demand for people to convert stock investment to local investment. Looks like location 4 is getting the green light as well tomorrow, a full 10 months ahead of schedule.

Raised 100% of the allocated investment in four days ----

It was literally like people racing from the Titanic from what they expect the market to do with a Biden win.

--------

Im personally sitting on puts I bought 9 months ago anticipating a Democratic market bloodbath --- the counters to my long positions now sit at a profit equalling a 45% down correction. Going to unwind half of them tomorrow and bank the 22.5% insurance. Only downside is the short term nature of it that will hit me in the keister.

It must really warm the hearts of the progressives that a Biden win will wipe out a massive chunk of capital at one sitting.... kind of like watching an Astros game back in the day and watching everyone start to file out in the 6th inning... as in the crowd had zero confidence in them with any chance of a win.
(This post was last modified: 11-02-2020 09:19 PM by tanqtonic.)
11-02-2020 09:16 PM
tanqtonic Offline
Hall of Famer

(11-02-2020 08:07 PM)OptimisticOwl Wrote:  I haven't felt this bad about an election since 2016, but that turned out OK.

A Biden loss will send the mob into the streets, to burn and loot as a way to show their displeasure.

Nobody will be be conceding soon. Either way, it will go to the courts.

It already is in the courts. I think the last count I saw had about 20 ongoing election suits *right now*.

No way it *will* go to the courts -- the outcome to that prediction happened about 4 months ago.
11-02-2020 09:21 PM
Advertisement

Hambone10 Offline
Hooter

I Root For: My Kids

New Orleans BowlDonatorsThe Parliament Awards
Biden will win. There will be a few lunatics on both sides still... and the left (not democrats, but the left) will still be upset over things that no longer matter.... and mae EVERYONE'S lives miserable... even Dems who would support them, if they weren't such jerks about it. They will eat their own.
11-02-2020 09:55 PM
Owl 69/70/75 Online
Just an old rugby coach

I Root For: RiceBathChelsea

DonatorsNew Orleans Bowl
I would like for someone who supports Biden/Harris to explain to me how and why anyone would choose to invest in manufacturing in the USA if Biden/Harris are elected and impose their tax and regulatory proposals. I can't figure out how or why anyone would, and I did international tax for about 20 years. We will be back to offshoring production on a massive scale.
11-02-2020 09:59 PM
GoodOwl Offline
The 1 Hoo Knocks

I Root For: New Horizons
Went to a recent rally, and let me tell you, it was remarkable the number of people that drove from far, far parts just to be there and part of the crowd. saw the plane land after waiting for hours, like a great free festival of positive energy that the media never shows on TV, because they don't want you to see how regular people really feel. The media would never tell you, but the line of throngs of enthusiastic supporters stretched for as far as the eye could see and then some. People from all backgrounds: black, asian, indian, latino, and more all coming together to support their Pre4sident and all he has done and actually accomplished for the working folks and regular people too often ignored by elitist traditional politicians. Went early, stayed late, braved the cold, but the calm, happy, friendly and welcoming crowd kept us warm. Happy to vote tomorrow and pull the lever for four more years!
11-02-2020 10:04 PM
Rice93 Offline
Heisman

I Root For:
New Orleans Bowl
(11-02-2020 10:04 PM)GoodOwl Wrote:  Went to a recent rally, and let me tell you, it was remarkable the number of people that drove from far, far parts just to be there and part of the crowd. saw the plane land after waiting for hours, like a great free festival of positive energy that the media never shows on TV, because they don't want you to see how regular people really feel. The media would never tell you, but the line of throngs of enthusiastic supporters stretched for as far as the eye could see and then some. People from all backgrounds: black, asian, indian, latino, and more all coming together to support their Pre4sident and all he has done and actually accomplished for the working folks and regular people too often ignored by elitist traditional politicians. Went early, stayed late, braved the cold, but the calm, happy, friendly and welcoming crowd kept us warm. Happy to vote tomorrow and pull the lever for four more years!

What percentage of people wore masks in those throngs of people?
11-02-2020 10:10 PM
westsidewolf1989 Offline
Heisman

You'll either have lefties smashing, looting and burning stuff this week or you'll have Trumpers cosplaying Mad Max or ISIS on an interstate near you. Either way, you'll know which group of likely unemployed people isn't bothering to prepare for their next job interview...

If Trump wins, the polling industry will cease to exist
(This post was last modified: 11-02-2020 10:41 PM by westsidewolf1989.)
11-02-2020 10:41 PM
Advertisement

tanqtonic Offline
Hall of Famer

(11-02-2020 10:41 PM)westsidewolf1989 Wrote:  You'll either have lefties smashing, looting and burning stuff this week or you'll have Trumpers cosplaying Mad Max or ISIS on an interstate near you. Either way, you'll know which group of likely unemployed people isn't bothering to prepare for their next job interview...

It is interesting to note that when one actually and carefully looks at the San Marcos videos two things come to light: a) the white SUV with the Biden folks is the SUV that crosses the lane line first -- but that does not excuse the Trump flag SUV from returning the favor; and 2) the bus itself rolls outside of the lines and nearly clips a truck along side of it.

Keep up with the 50,000 foot descriptions thereof though.
11-02-2020 11:02 PM
tanqtonic Offline
Hall of Famer

(11-02-2020 10:10 PM)Rice93 Wrote:  
(11-02-2020 10:04 PM)GoodOwl Wrote:  Went to a recent rally, and let me tell you, it was remarkable the number of people that drove from far, far parts just to be there and part of the crowd. saw the plane land after waiting for hours, like a great free festival of positive energy that the media never shows on TV, because they don't want you to see how regular people really feel. The media would never tell you, but the line of throngs of enthusiastic supporters stretched for as far as the eye could see and then some. People from all backgrounds: black, asian, indian, latino, and more all coming together to support their Pre4sident and all he has done and actually accomplished for the working folks and regular people too often ignored by elitist traditional politicians. Went early, stayed late, braved the cold, but the calm, happy, friendly and welcoming crowd kept us warm. Happy to vote tomorrow and pull the lever for four more years!

The same percentage of progressives who support tax cuts and a strong job market rolled by that.

edit: glad to see your incessant ability to snark ass denigrate any supporter of Trump hasnt abated.
(This post was last modified: 11-02-2020 11:21 PM by tanqtonic.)
11-02-2020 11:04 PM
westsidewolf1989 Offline
Heisman

(11-02-2020 11:04 PM)tanqtonic Wrote:  

The same percentage of progressives who support tax cuts and a strong job market rolled by that.

edit: glad to see your incessant ability to snark ass denigrate any supporter of Trump hasnt abated.

Nice dodge and non-answer there tangtonic. Care to tee up another answer?
11-02-2020 11:43 PM
tanqtonic Offline
Hall of Famer

(11-02-2020 11:43 PM)westsidewolf1989 Wrote:  

I think the non-sequitor comment to a purely rhetorical construct is pretty much smack on point there, westside.

And, funny that my answer is just that -- a percentage for a percentage. Sorry you seem hurt by my calling out your fundamental avoidance a couple of days back for what it was pretty accurately.

Your comment about 'blahbitty blah blah from people that didnt pay anything for anything' was pretty much just a non-germane aside with little to near bearing on the issue at hand coupled with a smidge of of ad hom, and pretty much didnt even approach an answer in any way, shape, or form, mind you. Funny that.
(This post was last modified: 11-03-2020 12:41 AM by tanqtonic.)
11-03-2020 12:40 AM
GoodOwl Offline
The 1 Hoo Knocks

c'mon, man! you can do better than that...or can't you?
11-03-2020 12:50 AM
Advertisement

GoodOwl Offline
The 1 Hoo Knocks

oh, yeah...didn't see any antifa or Democrat-city looting enthusiasts out there either...interesting...
11-03-2020 12:54 AM
GoodOwl Offline
The 1 Hoo Knocks

(11-02-2020 11:43 PM)westsidewolf1989 Wrote:  

here ya go, skippy....

here's why....from yer side...

11-03-2020 12:57 AM
GoodOwl Offline
The 1 Hoo Knocks

win or lose, it's clear where the people stand...together...
[Image: 3187271_web1_AP20305826663292.jpg]

...and apartheid...
[Image: 45a0f4c2-ba35-4beb-a9e2-0e87d28b336e-AP_...;auto=webp]

[Image: 289462_image.jpg]
11-03-2020 01:29 AM
RiceLad15 Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Rice Owls
(11-02-2020 11:02 PM)tanqtonic Wrote:  
(11-02-2020 10:41 PM)westsidewolf1989 Wrote:  You'll either have lefties smashing, looting and burning stuff this week or you'll have Trumpers cosplaying Mad Max or ISIS on an interstate near you. Either way, you'll know which group of likely unemployed people isn't bothering to prepare for their next job interview...

It is interesting to note that when one actually and carefully looks at the San Marcos videos two things come to light: a) the white SUV with the Biden folks is the SUV that crosses the lane line first -- but that does not excuse the Trump flag SUV from returning the favor; and 2) the bus itself rolls outside of the lines and nearly clips a truck along side of it.

Keep up with the 50,000 foot descriptions thereof though.

San Marcos wasn’t the only place where MAGA groups cosplayed ISIS by riding around in trucks decorated with countless flags and being a nuisance to other drivers...
11-03-2020 06:49 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.