Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Bring on Those Poop Colored Birds!
Bookmark and Share
falconplucker Offline
1st String

I Root For: Toledo
Bring on Those Poop Colored Birds!
I am so thrilled that Rocket Football is back! If it's back for 1 game, 4 games, or 7 games and a bowl, at least the game against Bowling Green will be played. It's time to avenge that awful ambush from a year ago. I will give Scot (only one T) Loeffler credit for last year. He watched those tapes, saw Toledo never stops the run pass option and ran his quarterback, who was a quarterback that didn't have a track record of running the ball. It caught UT off-guard, and it was enough for BG to get out to a nice lead.

Hopefully that garbage is out of our system, along with the old defensive strategy. While it's pretty much the same personnel on defense, I have to believe the strategy and level of play will improve with the new coaching staff. Which would be great news for the secondary. I think Toledo has an excellent secondary that never really gets a chance to shine, because the poor play of the front seven has made them play out of position for several years. I would ecstatic to see Toledo beat a RPO team and look like they knew what they were doing.

Offensively, Toledo has a capable group of wide receivers and a great stable of running breaks. Bryce Harris will be a welcome site! I'm a little old school and love the days of big hogs knocking people back. Candle likes the lighter and more athletic linemen. I guess that's supposed to give you more options and schemes on offense. I'd like to see more leadership and fire on the line. I'd like to see better run and pass blocking. IMO, Lines on both sides of the ball are what win championships and Toledo's needs to step it up this year. If only they all had Bryce's fire.

As far as QB goes, I'm just hoping for solid play. I think everyone was hoping Bradley was going to be the guy. Finn has the potential be nice dual threat quarterback. Whoever it is, hopefully they are ready. Toledo hired a quarterbacks coach. I'm sure recruiting was at least half the reason for the hire, but I hope he can coach these guys up.

Toledo received the "kiss of death" first place west prediction. We will see if Toledo can put it all together. I think McElwain and Central Michigan will definitely challenge for the West. I think McElwain is a better coach than Candle, but I give credit to Candle for making the necessary changes to the defensive coaching staff and adding the quarterbacks coach. I wish we could all be in the stands Wednesday night or any of the nights for that matter. Aside from the BG game, I'm sure there would be plenty of room for die hard fans like ourselves to spread out, at least for the December Games. I'll say a close crazy game this week. Everyone has had ample time to prepare. 31-28 Toledo!
11-01-2020 10:08 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

UofToledoFans Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Toledo and G5
RE: Bring on Those Poop Colored Birds!
Ball State has been a popular underdog pick to contend. WMU will win some on recruited talent alone. NIU picked in the cellar for the first time in forever playing a bunch of freshman. EMU will be well coached but are replacing QB, WR and RB. Then CMU and Toledo I think are the biggest wildcards compared to last season. Was it lightning in a bottle or is McElwain just that guy..? Can Toledo consistently be picked to win the division based on recruiting but not figure out a defense? Lots of questions will be answered Wednesday. 19 point favorites...
11-01-2020 10:29 PM
Babes boy Offline
1st String

I Root For: Toledo Rockets
I am looking forward to seeing the Rockets Midnight Blue & Gold Wednesday and I believe we will be a different team than what we were last year. Toledo 56 Bgsucks 17
11-01-2020 10:44 PM
Rocket_Fanatic Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Toledo!
Not to play Debbie downer but with the election Tuesday night, I fear that the results may lead to unprecedented unrest nationally and the game may feel like not that important. Don’t get me wrong, I’m pumped for Rocket football but I hope the country isn’t on fire Wednesday night because of the presidential results.
11-02-2020 08:39 AM
UofToledoFans Offline
Hall of Famer

(11-02-2020 08:39 AM)Rocket_Fanatic Wrote:  Not to play Debbie downer but with the election Tuesday night, I fear that the results may lead to unprecedented unrest nationally and the game may feel like not that important. Don’t get me wrong, I’m pumped for Rocket football but I hope the country isn’t on fire Wednesday night because of the presidential results.

High key... as long as there isn't another popular vote which doesn't equate to electoral college... That shouldn't happen. Polling says landslide so the American people as a whole should be happy. If the losers ***** and moan about the results well it's on them for taking the fun out of things.
(This post was last modified: 11-02-2020 09:58 AM by UofToledoFans.)
11-02-2020 09:58 AM
Boca Rocket Offline
Legend

I Root For:
(11-02-2020 09:58 AM)UofToledoFans Wrote:  
(11-02-2020 08:39 AM)Rocket_Fanatic Wrote:  Not to play Debbie downer but with the election Tuesday night, I fear that the results may lead to unprecedented unrest nationally and the game may feel like not that important. Don’t get me wrong, I’m pumped for Rocket football but I hope the country isn’t on fire Wednesday night because of the presidential results.

High key... as long as there isn't another popular vote which doesn't equate to electoral college... That shouldn't happen. Polling says landslide so the American people as a whole should be happy. If the losers ***** and moan about the results well it's on them for taking the fun out of things.

I'll be shocked if the Presidential winner is known by tomorrow night. The best polls have about a 4% error.
Throw out any partisan paid for sampling. I expect this to be a wild ride, hold on.

Bingo!
(This post was last modified: 11-04-2020 07:57 AM by Boca Rocket.)
11-02-2020 10:51 AM
Advertisement

Toledo Football 1st Offline
All Rockets All The Time

I Root For: T O L E D O

DonatorsDonatorsDonators
On one hand we return 18 starters; on the other hand they were the starters from last year. Then throw in the lack of practice, general disruption from the virus, and cold weather--of course everyone is in the same boat with all that.

The only thing I have to go on is the preseason MAC coaches poll putting us at #1 and BGSUx at #5 in the East. I guess that says something. Hopefully the polls are right on this one.

GO ROCKETS!
(This post was last modified: 11-02-2020 12:01 PM by Toledo Football 1st.)
11-02-2020 12:01 PM
UofToledoFans Offline
Hall of Famer

(11-02-2020 10:51 AM)Boca Rocket Wrote:  
(11-02-2020 09:58 AM)UofToledoFans Wrote:  

I'll be shocked if the Presidential winner is known by tomorrow night. The best polls have about a 4% error.
Throw out any partisan paid for sampling. I expect this to be a wild ride, hold on.

Agree to disagree. 10 points down in a state like Michigan spells disaster. Nationally 11 points down compared to 4.5 of Hillary in 2016. According to polling, Trump shouldn't flip any state and won't retain all he won before. He won the election by 70k votes across Michigan, Wisconsin and Pennsylvania and lost the popular vote by over 2,000,000 in the country. Regardless of policy I can't see America right now staying with him. That's me being unbiased.
11-02-2020 12:53 PM
H2Oville Rocket Offline
Legend

I Root For: Toledo R0ckets
This is teetering dangerously close to Spin Room material. We can all agree 11/2 will be consequential,but let’s face it- the important results are those on 11/3! Go Rockets!
11-02-2020 01:26 PM
FMRocket Offline
All American

I Root For: UT Blue & Gold
(11-02-2020 12:01 PM)Toledo Football 1st Wrote:  On one hand we return 18 starters; on the other hand they were the starters from last year. Then throw in the lack of practice, general disruption from the virus, and cold weather--of course everyone is in the same boat with all that.

The only thing I have to go on is the preseason MAC coaches poll putting us at #1 and BGSUx at #5 in the East. I guess that says something. Hopefully the polls are right on this one.

GO ROCKETS!

Not much respect for the starters from last year ...01-lauramac2
They may play with a chip on their shoulders, on Wed. or at least they need to ...
11-02-2020 01:33 PM
Toledo Football 1st Offline
All Rockets All The Time

I Root For: T O L E D O

DonatorsDonatorsDonators
(11-02-2020 01:26 PM)H2Oville Rocket Wrote:  This is teetering dangerously close to Spin Room material. We can all agree 11/2 will be consequential,but let’s face it- the important results are those on 11/3! Go Rockets!

03-2thumbsup
11-02-2020 07:54 PM
Advertisement

IamN2daRockets! Offline
All American

I Root For: Toledo
I’m not comfortable with political talk on this site.

We are all united behind the Rockets no matter our individual political leanings. The best way to keep it that way is to not discuss politics on this site. I’m glad everyone is engaged so let’s leave it at that.

Go Rockets!
11-02-2020 08:38 PM
FMRocket Offline
All American

(11-02-2020 08:38 PM)IamN2daRockets! Wrote:  I’m not comfortable with political talk on this site.

We are all united behind the Rockets no matter our individual political leanings. The best way to keep it that way is to not discuss politics on this site. I’m glad everyone is engaged so let’s leave it at that.

Go Rockets!

+1
11-02-2020 08:51 PM
Babes boy Offline
1st String

(11-02-2020 08:38 PM)IamN2daRockets! Wrote:  I’m not comfortable with political talk on this site.

Go Rockets!

Was thinking the same. GO ROCKETS
11-02-2020 11:53 PM
UofToledoFans Offline
Hall of Famer

Lots of UT gear at the polls today. That's something we can all get behind 02-13-banana
11-03-2020 07:54 AM
TampaRocket Offline
Heisman

On a plane now heading that way. Looking forward to seeing the game...going to be strange without fans in the stands. Hopefully, the parents can make some noise and provide some sort of home field advantage for the guys. Looking forward to seeing the impact of the new staff, etc...going to be interesting, considering the unusual pre-season.
11-03-2020 10:36 AM
Advertisement

Boca Rocket Offline
Legend

I Root For:
(11-03-2020 10:36 AM)TampaRocket Wrote:  On a plane now heading that way. Looking forward to seeing the game...going to be strange without fans in the stands. Hopefully, the parents can make some noise and provide some sort of home field advantage for the guys. Looking forward to seeing the impact of the new staff, etc...going to be interesting, considering the unusual pre-season.

Make alot of noise for me. So glad to see Dylan in the Midnight Blue and Gold. 04-cheers
(This post was last modified: 11-03-2020 10:46 AM by Boca Rocket.)
11-03-2020 10:45 AM
FMRocket Offline
All American

(11-03-2020 07:54 AM)UofToledoFans Wrote:  Lots of UT gear at the polls today. That's something we can all get behind 02-13-banana
A lot of bg folks heading into Fort Meigs Elementary to vote today.
Being my usual charming self, I had to silence them... 04-cheers
11-03-2020 04:23 PM
FMRocket Offline
All American

(11-03-2020 10:36 AM)TampaRocket Wrote:  On a plane now heading that way. Looking forward to seeing the game...going to be strange without fans in the stands. Hopefully, the parents can make some noise and provide some sort of home field advantage for the guys. Looking forward to seeing the impact of the new staff, etc...going to be interesting, considering the unusual pre-season.

Good luck to your son Tampa !!
Will be looking forward to seeing your son Dylan shine on now, and in the future... Go ROCKETS !!!
11-03-2020 04:26 PM
PTLROCK Offline
1st String

Have a safe trip Tampa. Best to Dylan. Make some noise!! Go Rockets!
11-03-2020 10:10 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.