Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Saints activate TommyLee
Bookmark and Share
HuskieBowWow Offline
All American

I Root For: NIU Huskies
Saints activate TommyLee
CHICAGO — The New Orleans Saints signed wide receiver Tommylee Lewis to their 53-man roster, bringing him up from the practice squad since the Saints will be down three receivers this week for health reasons.

Lewis, wearing No. 14 now, has been with the Saints' practice squad since Oct. 8, and hasn't played in a game for them yet this season. He spent a portion of the 2020 training camp with the team after spending all of the 2019 season away from the Saints.

The Saints will be without receivers Michael Thomas (ankle/hamstring), Emmanuel Sanders (reserve/COVID-19) and Marquez Callaway (ankle), which left only Tre'Quan Smith and Deonte Harris as the team's only healthy receivers on the 53-man roster before Lewis was signed. Veteran receiver Bennie Fowler III is currently on the injured reserve.

In 34 games with the Saints from 2016-18, Lewis had 20 catches for 252 yards and two touchdowns. He also had seven rushes for 35 yards, 24 kickoff returns with a 22-yard average and 36 punt returns with a 9.3-yard average.

Lewis was the wideout on the receiving end of the infamous NOLA No-Call in the NFC Championship game — which ended up being Lewis' last game as a Saint.

---Nola.com
10-31-2020 06:56 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

TXHuskieJA26 Offline
1st String

I Root For: NIU
RE: Saints activate TommyLee
(10-31-2020 06:56 PM)HuskieBowWow Wrote:  CHICAGO — The New Orleans Saints signed wide receiver Tommylee Lewis to their 53-man roster, bringing him up from the practice squad since the Saints will be down three receivers this week for health reasons.

Lewis, wearing No. 14 now, has been with the Saints' practice squad since Oct. 8, and hasn't played in a game for them yet this season. He spent a portion of the 2020 training camp with the team after spending all of the 2019 season away from the Saints.

The Saints will be without receivers Michael Thomas (ankle/hamstring), Emmanuel Sanders (reserve/COVID-19) and Marquez Callaway (ankle), which left only Tre'Quan Smith and Deonte Harris as the team's only healthy receivers on the 53-man roster before Lewis was signed. Veteran receiver Bennie Fowler III is currently on the injured reserve.

In 34 games with the Saints from 2016-18, Lewis had 20 catches for 252 yards and two touchdowns. He also had seven rushes for 35 yards, 24 kickoff returns with a 22-yard average and 36 punt returns with a 9.3-yard average.

Lewis was the wideout on the receiving end of the infamous NOLA No-Call in the NFC Championship game — which ended up being Lewis' last game as a Saint.

---Nola.com

So 2 of their 3 WRs will be 5'7"
10-31-2020 07:19 PM
BDB5yp Offline
All American

(10-31-2020 06:56 PM)HuskieBowWow Wrote:  CHICAGO — The New Orleans Saints signed wide receiver Tommylee Lewis to their 53-man roster, bringing him up from the practice squad since the Saints will be down three receivers this week for health reasons.

---Nola.com

Tommylee has 9 lives. Love that he’s still in the NFL.
10-31-2020 07:20 PM
HawaiiToNIU Offline
All American

Let's get it Tommy! Best of luck! Hope he gets looks.
10-31-2020 07:53 PM
Advertisement

Teamduh Offline
1st String

I Root For: NIU Northern Il
Saints activate TommyLee
Just in time for bears game!

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
10-31-2020 08:12 PM
142niu Offline
Special Teams

that's awesome
10-31-2020 08:17 PM
NIU75 Offline
All American

What a life. Picks up $50,000 plus per game.
10-31-2020 09:04 PM
Advertisement

Rabid Squirrel Offline
Heisman

(10-31-2020 09:04 PM)NIU75 Wrote:  What a life. Picks up $50,000 plus per game.

And a pension!
11-01-2020 12:02 AM
nbcards Offline
Special Teams

Lets see if he has some magic today. 9 years ago today was the 2011 NIU Toledo game with his 2 kickoff returns TD's.
11-01-2020 09:25 AM
NIU05 Offline
Heisman

I Root For: TRUTH
Good for Tommy Lee, I believe this makes him eligible for the NFL pension. The Saints love Tommy Lee and I'm not talking about just football talent. There is something there about Tommy they like a lot.
11-01-2020 11:05 AM
Advertisement

sarasotahuskie Offline
Heisman

I Root For:
Donators
TLL just caught a pass vs Bears. Stopped short of the 1st down.
11-01-2020 05:32 PM
NIU84 Offline
1st String

(11-01-2020 12:02 AM)Rabid Squirrel Wrote:  
(10-31-2020 09:04 PM)NIU75 Wrote:  What a life. Picks up $50,000 plus per game.

And a pension!
Seriously? That's great. Dude has already made over 1.5 million if some sites are to be believed. I'm curious about the pension so i looked it up, after 3 years of being on a team (TLL qualifies), retired players get 46K a year. For guys like TLL, who will not make big NFL money, that a big thing.
11-02-2020 11:23 PM
NIU05 Offline
Heisman

I Root For: TRUTH
Pension. Have a former Huskies 1 game short of the pension. Could not get a tryout. Owners know and watch. Rule used to be 4 years to qualify, not sure what it is now.
11-03-2020 12:50 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.