Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Game Week: @Kent
Bookmark and Share
emu steve Offline
Legend

I Root For: EMU / MAC
Game Week: @Kent
Day after the election will be our first game. So we have transitioned from off season to pre-season to countdown to game day.

As Frank has noted Game Notes usually come out Monday for a Saturday game.

Hopefully they will be out today.

If not, I'd guess we are trying to conceal our lineup for 'strategic purposes.'

With a virtual non-exist spring ball and almost no leaks from training camp, who knows.

I don't have a clue as to who might be shining, who might not, who is injured, etc.
10-30-2020 09:52 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

cidbearit Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: MSU
RE: Game Week: @Kent
I was looking at Kent's CSN board to try to gauge their fans' assessment of the upcoming game, and man is their board dead! Other than a couple comments about playing to an empty stadium, there is almost nothing. There was a comment expressing some concern over the WR's they lost (3 of 4 2019 starters) and the same comment was questioning who will be running the ball. There was also a comment that their O-line has added some weight, but no other assessment of how they might perform. Otherwise, pretty boring.

It's nice that we have an active board here!
10-30-2020 12:02 PM
emu steve Offline
Legend

(10-30-2020 12:02 PM)cidbearit Wrote:  I was looking at Kent's CSN board to try to gauge their fans' assessment of the upcoming game, and man is their board dead! Other than a couple comments about playing to an empty stadium, there is almost nothing. There was a comment expressing some concern over the WR's they lost (3 of 4 2019 starters) and the same comment was questioning who will be running the ball. There was also a comment that their O-line has added some weight, but no other assessment of how they might perform. Otherwise, pretty boring.

True, but our board needs some good info to have a productive board.

That is why I await the Game Notes. There are a lot of positions for which I do not know the starter or #2.

E.g., I assume Hutchinson won the QB job. The back up is?

The starting RB is ?

Starting TE is ?

etc.
10-30-2020 12:07 PM
cidbearit Offline
Special Teams

(10-30-2020 12:07 PM)emu steve Wrote:  
(10-30-2020 12:02 PM)cidbearit Wrote:  I was looking at Kent's CSN board to try to gauge their fans' assessment of the upcoming game, and man is their board dead! Other than a couple comments about playing to an empty stadium, there is almost nothing. There was a comment expressing some concern over the WR's they lost (3 of 4 2019 starters) and the same comment was questioning who will be running the ball. There was also a comment that their O-line has added some weight, but no other assessment of how they might perform. Otherwise, pretty boring.

True, but our board needs some good info to have a productive board.

That is why I await the Game Notes. There are a lot of positions for which I do not know the starter or #2.

E.g., I assume Hutchinson won the QB job. The back up is?

The starting RB is ?

Starting TE is ?

etc.

I think we're all waiting to see that! I did a search on the MAC COVID protocols and could not find anything specific about how soon prior to a game players need to test negative to be eligible to play. The answer to that might be related to when programs will actually release their gameday rosters.
10-30-2020 12:36 PM
emu steve Offline
Legend

Well no surprises at QB/RB/TE except backup QB, Kaminski.

BTW, two frosh at RB...

I like our OL. :)

https://s3.amazonaws.com/emueagles.com/d...tState.pdf
(This post was last modified: 10-30-2020 04:20 PM by emu steve.)
10-30-2020 04:13 PM
emu79 Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: emu
10-30-2020 04:44 PM
Advertisement

TheWoodenNickle Offline
Heisman

I Root For: EMU
(10-30-2020 04:13 PM)emu steve Wrote:  Well no surprises at QB/RB/TE except backup QB, Kaminski.

BTW, two frosh at RB...

I like our OL. :)

https://s3.amazonaws.com/emueagles.com/d...tState.pdf
That QB spot is intriguing. Is Kaminski that good? If the back-up is needed in a crucial situation I expect it to be Stiebling.

Those young WRs on the chart are interesting also. There are many young WRs on the roster and some of them need to emerge. Joseph is a freshman walk-on.
(This post was last modified: 10-30-2020 04:54 PM by TheWoodenNickle.)
10-30-2020 04:49 PM
emu79 Offline
Hall of Famer

Three starters in the secondary with a collective 1 starting experience. Our LT depth has zero game experience, ditto the RBs. Surprised at the backup QB. Thinking out loud if some players are on the Quarantine list? Grissom isn't on the two deeps either.
10-30-2020 04:52 PM
cidbearit Offline
Special Teams

(10-30-2020 04:52 PM)emu79 Wrote:  Three starters in the secondary with a collective 1 starting experience. Our LT depth has zero game experience, ditto the RBs. Surprised at the backup QB. Thinking out loud if some players are on the Quarantine list? Grissom isn't on the two deeps either.

Kadri may not have D1 experience at LT, but he's a California recruit out of Reedley College and had 18 games of experience over two years there, so he's not completely inexperienced on the O-line. Looks like he joined the team prior to the 2019 season, so has had a chance to get to know the program and practice with the team. He may not be as weak in the position as he might appear on paper.
10-30-2020 06:14 PM
emu79 Offline
Hall of Famer

I think it may be telling that two former OL Smith Jr and Saddler are now DT.
10-30-2020 06:25 PM
emu79 Offline
Hall of Famer

I think this football season is like the major baseball season. An extended exhibition season to build for the future ie 2021.
10-30-2020 06:26 PM
Advertisement

cidbearit Offline
Special Teams

(10-30-2020 06:26 PM)emu79 Wrote:  I think this football season is like the major baseball season. An extended exhibition season to build for the future ie 2021.

Five freshmen in the O rotation, five in the D rotation (2 in the DT slot), and five on special teams. I was thinking the same thing. It's my understanding that there is a good deal of talent in the freshmen group. Great way to develop some of them without risking losing any of their eligibility.
10-30-2020 06:36 PM
Sellers dweller Offline
1st String

Few things that stood out to me on the depth chart:

-Kaminski as the backup QB over Jackson, Stiebeling, and May.
-No Grissom or CJ Parks anywhere on the two-deep.
-Jent Joseph on the two-deep as a freshmen. He was not the newcomer I expected to see.
-Boone and Smith being the top two RBs. I have no doubt they are the two most talented guys, CC just seems to defer to experience sometimes.
-No Vines on the two-deep. Thought he did well as a freshmen last year
-Evans and Douglas not on the two-deep. Could mean a few different things.
-Kicker is listed as Ryland OR Richwine

As someone else pointed out, I wonder how much of the absents of guys we expect to see is COVID related or younger guys just beating them out.
(This post was last modified: 10-30-2020 08:44 PM by Sellers dweller.)
10-30-2020 07:55 PM
EMUGLORYDAYSthe90's Offline
1st String

I Root For: E MICH
Everything makes sense to a degree, but no Parks or Grissom I simply don't understand, unless they're not able to play? Any information on this? This team is very young! The LB and secondary especially!
10-31-2020 01:39 PM
Jerry Weaver Offline
All American

(10-30-2020 06:26 PM)emu79 Wrote:  I think this football season is like the major baseball season. An extended exhibition season to build for the future ie 2021.

That is my take 100% as well.

I cannot envision what life has been for a MAC football coach the past six months. You are preparing for a whole season, then the Power 5 programs drop all of your payday games, you subsequently have no idea who and when you are playing. The MAC then postpones your season. I assume in the meantime that University Presidents and Athletic Directors are all over you about budgetary concerns. What do you do with your team and how do you recruit? Then the MAC announces a six game schedule starting in November? Of course I will watch the games but I still consider this to be an exhibition season.
10-31-2020 05:15 PM
emu steve Offline
Legend

(10-31-2020 05:15 PM)Jerry Weaver Wrote:  

I cannot envision what life has been for a MAC football coach the past six months. You are preparing for a whole season, then the Power 5 programs drop all of your payday games, you subsequently have no idea who and when you are playing. The MAC then postpones your season. I assume in the meantime that University Presidents and Athletic Directors are all over you about budgetary concerns. What do you do with your team and how do you recruit? Then the MAC announces a six game schedule starting in November? Of course I will watch the games but I still consider this to be an exhibition season.

Agree with Jerry who agrees with '79.

That said we still have a shot at some MAC bowl games.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nc...084469002/
(This post was last modified: 10-31-2020 05:56 PM by emu steve.)
10-31-2020 05:54 PM
Advertisement

EMUAARON Offline
1st String

I Root For: Hurons
(10-31-2020 05:15 PM)Jerry Weaver Wrote:  

i agree unless we somehow win the MAC. if that happens, i'll be screaming that this is the most legit season that has ever been played.
11-01-2020 12:32 AM
alum93 Offline
2nd String

(10-30-2020 07:55 PM)Sellers dweller Wrote:  Few things that stood out to me on the depth chart:

-Jent Joseph on the two-deep as a freshmen. He was not the newcomer I expected to see.
-Boone and Smith being the top two RBs. I have no doubt they are the two most talented guys, CC just seems to defer to experience sometimes.

As someone else pointed out, I wonder how much of the absents of guys we expect to see is COVID related or younger guys just beating them out.

Shocked about kaminski. Good for us I guess. Worried what it might mean for someone like Jackson that probably felt he was waiting his turn.
11-01-2020 07:42 AM
emu steve Offline
Legend

(11-01-2020 07:42 AM)alum93 Wrote:  
(10-30-2020 07:55 PM)Sellers dweller Wrote:  Few things that stood out to me on the depth chart:

Shocked about kaminski. Good for us I guess. Worried what it might mean for someone like Jackson that probably felt he was waiting his turn.

I don't know what to make of it. PROBABLY NOTHING.

I think we should be careful not to over think it. The first 2-deeps are always nutty as players might be injured, being sat for one reason or another, or this year some might be Covid sitouts, etc. etc.

And remember, many coaches, including C.C. do use the first game to issue 1-game sitout for violations such as a failed drug test, etc. And these violations 'roll up' to Game #1. These violations can be for virtually any reason in 2020.
11-01-2020 08:14 AM
steve4840 Offline
1st String

Really excited to get the season underway. There is so many new faces on this squad and a lot of young talent. Let's jump on Kent early. Go Eagles!

Couple thoughts below....

1. The T.E. position is really deep (Oakes, Cannon, Thomas O.). Odukoya I think will have a great season and a nice safety valve for a relatively new QB.

2. O-Line looks really good on paper. Noticing that when it's all said and done Dooly will end up being a 4 year starter, wow. Very experienced group.

3. Not loving that Jairus isn't listed. I've been saying this for a while that MAC talent for the most part seems to be fairly level. Jairus has exceptional talent and can change game tempo. Hoping he works his way in.

4. We have a YOUNG team. Interesting stat regarding how many young guys will be contributing. RB with 2 freshmen, Alex and Aaron at DT as underclassmen. I like all these guys and pumped to see what they can do.
11-01-2020 01:14 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.