Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Florida Man - Attempts to Steal Election?
Redwingtom Offline
Progressive filth

I Root For: B-G-S-U !!!!
Florida Man - Attempts to Steal Election?
I thought only Democrats did this type of thing...silly me.

Quote:A local judge and head of Duval County’s vote-counting board has donated repeatedly to President Trump’s re-election campaign and other Republican efforts, and his home is covered in signs supporting Trump, despite rules requiring judges like him refrain from donations or public support.

Duval County senior Judge Brent Shore has served as chairman of the canvassing board because of his role as a county judge.

Yet judicial rules bar judges from political donations of any kind.

And canvassing board rules bar members from "displaying a candidate's campaign signs."

But you gotta love the creativity from the wife!

Quote:She said the six signs and stickers supporting Trump’s campaign and the two signs for Rutherford belonged to her and not to her husband.

“My husband would never do anything unethical or improper,” she said. “I am not a judge, and those signs are mine. And yes, that’s my half of the front yard.”

She said the sign on the other half of the yard was also hers.

And looky here...you don't say!

Quote:Shore, who has taken an at-times caustic reaction to the media and to lawyers for the Duval Democratic Party, also led the board during the 2000 election when some 26,000 Duval votes for president were thrown out.

Duval County judge leading vote-counting board donated to Trump 12 times. That's not allowed.
(This post was last modified: 10-29-2020 09:43 AM by Redwingtom.)
10-29-2020 09:43 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Bronco'14 Offline
WMU

I Root For: WMU Broncos
RE: Florida Man - Attempts to Steal Election?
Okay let's put a Democrat in charge then
10-29-2020 09:47 AM
umbluegray Offline
Legend

I Root For: The Tigers!
(10-29-2020 09:43 AM)Redwingtom Wrote:  I thought only Democrats did this type of thing...silly me.

Quote:A local judge and head of Duval County’s vote-counting board has donated repeatedly to President Trump’s re-election campaign and other Republican efforts, and his home is covered in signs supporting Trump, despite rules requiring judges like him refrain from donations or public support.

Duval County senior Judge Brent Shore has served as chairman of the canvassing board because of his role as a county judge.

And canvassing board rules bar members from "displaying a candidate's campaign signs."

Quote:She said the six signs and stickers supporting Trump’s campaign and the two signs for Rutherford belonged to her and not to her husband.

“My husband would never do anything unethical or improper,” she said. “I am not a judge, and those signs are mine. And yes, that’s my half of the front yard.”

Quote:Shore, who has taken an at-times caustic reaction to the media and to lawyers for the Duval Democratic Party, also led the board during the 2000 election when some 26,000 Duval votes for president were thrown out.

Duval County judge leading vote-counting board donated to Trump 12 times. That's not allowed.

Nope. Conservatives know the Reps do bad things, too.

Difference is, we call them out on it when they're wrong instead of gobbling up the day's talking points.

What's today's word on the Biden scandal?
10-29-2020 09:47 AM
banker Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Marshall
Your (unclaimed) candidate cuts lucrative personal deals with the PPC, but you’re offended that the judges wife supports Trump?

If you disagree with that statement, which has more evidence - that Biden cut the deals or that the judge, and not his wife, wrote those campaign checks?

Also, of the ballots he oversaw that were disqualified, how many were marked for a republican and how many for a democrat? Oh, that’s right, no way of knowing and no way of knowing why they were disqualified. Only a leading narrative.
10-29-2020 09:49 AM
Hambone10 Offline
Hooter

I Root For: My Kids

New Orleans BowlDonatorsThe Parliament Awards
Yep, silly you.

Nobody said Republicans never do this. In fact, Republicans would be stupid NOT to do all of the same things that Democrats routinely do and get away with.

The article says that rules bar this, so prosecute him under those rules. You won't get ANY complaints from us. The fact that they haven't suggests to me that those rules don't really say what the reporter claims they say.

What's funny to me though is that you're concerned about signs at his own home and about $350 total to 4 different entities over two Presidential election cycles... and yet Michael Bloomberg spending $100mm to support Biden is perfectly fine.... just an ordinary Joe, unlike that evil Truett Cathy. $350 over 2 cycles is 'stealing an election'?? Thanks for the chuckle

It is absolutely UNPRECEDENTED for an official, barred from doing something... to have their spouse or child do something and yet still reap benefits from that 'barred' action. Just ask Joe, He'll tell you straight up
(This post was last modified: 10-29-2020 10:07 AM by Hambone10.)
10-29-2020 10:02 AM
ODUsmitty Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Old Dominion
(10-29-2020 10:02 AM)Hambone10 Wrote:  What's funny to me though is that you're concerned about signs at his own home and about $350 total to 4 different entities over two Presidential election cycles... and yet Michael Bloomberg spending $100mm to support Biden is perfectly fine.... just an ordinary Joe, unlike that evil Truett Cathy. $350 over 2 cycles is 'stealing an election'?? Thanks for the chuckle
This is GOLD and the hypocrisy is completely lost on Tommie the Commie.
10-29-2020 10:09 AM
Advertisement

banker Offline
Hall of Famer

Not to mention that this can’t be true anyway. We have been told by dems for years that election fraud is a myth and never happens.
10-29-2020 10:20 AM
Eldonabe Offline
No More Wire Hangars!

I Root For: All but Uconn
(10-29-2020 10:02 AM)Hambone10 Wrote:  Yep, silly you.

Nobody said Republicans never do this. In fact, Republicans would be stupid NOT to do all of the same things that Democrats routinely do and get away with.

The article says that rules bar this, so prosecute him under those rules. You won't get ANY complaints from us. The fact that they haven't suggests to me that those rules don't really say what the reporter claims they say.

What's funny to me though is that you're concerned about signs at his own home and about $350 total to 4 different entities over two Presidential election cycles... and yet Michael Bloomberg spending $100mm to support Biden is perfectly fine.... just an ordinary Joe, unlike that evil Truett Cathy. $350 over 2 cycles is 'stealing an election'?? Thanks for the chuckle

It is absolutely UNPRECEDENTED for an official, barred from doing something... to have their spouse or child do something and yet still reap benefits from that 'barred' action. Just ask Joe, He'll tell you straight up

This is where Tom fails. He points out things like that like we are OK with stuff like this.

I don't care who you are or what color your politics bleed. Hypocrisy should be called out and misdeeds should have consequences and dare I say it, but the same consequences regardless of who you are.

Discipline and accountability should be blind......
(This post was last modified: 10-29-2020 10:58 AM by Eldonabe.)
10-29-2020 10:57 AM
Redwingtom Offline
Progressive filth

(10-29-2020 09:47 AM)Bronco14 Wrote:  Okay let's put a Democrat in charge then

Not necessary...just someone who follows the rules and at least appears impartial.
10-29-2020 11:11 AM
Redwingtom Offline
Progressive filth

(10-29-2020 10:20 AM)banker Wrote:  Not to mention that this can’t be true anyway. We have been told by dems for years that election fraud is a myth and never happens.

Except that you haven't. That's just what the cult has told you that you heard.
10-29-2020 11:13 AM
Redwingtom Offline
Progressive filth

(10-29-2020 10:57 AM)Eldonabe Wrote:  

This is where Tom fails. He points out things like that like we are OK with stuff like this.

I don't care who you are or what color your politics bleed. Hypocrisy should be called out and misdeeds should have consequences and dare I say it, but the same consequences regardless of who you are.

Dude, just stop. I point out post after post, year after year, from people here claiming only democrats do this and that...each time telling them that fraud and crime knows no party.
10-29-2020 11:15 AM
Advertisement

banker Offline
Hall of Famer

(10-29-2020 11:15 AM)Redwingtom Wrote:  
(10-29-2020 10:57 AM)Eldonabe Wrote:  

Dude, just stop. I point out post after post, year after year, from people here claiming only democrats do this and that...each time telling them that fraud and crime knows no party.

Except no one has ever said that it’s just what your cult told you are they said.

Wow, writing thoughtless, baseless claims is easy. No wonder you do it all the time.
10-29-2020 11:32 AM
450bench Offline

I Root For: Memphis
(10-29-2020 11:11 AM)Redwingtom Wrote:  
(10-29-2020 09:47 AM)Bronco14 Wrote:  Okay let's put a Democrat in charge then

Not necessary...just someone who follows the rules and at least appears impartial.

A lib posting about “following the rules” or being “impartial” 03-lmfao

Tom broke the irony meter again....
10-29-2020 11:40 AM
DaSaintFan Offline
Dum' Sutherner in Midwest!

I Root For: Southern Miss
(10-29-2020 11:15 AM)Redwingtom Wrote:  Dude, just stop. I point out post after post, year after year, from people here claiming only democrats do this and that...each time telling them that fraud and crime knows no party.

WRONG, WRONG, WRONG... this one you're not going to be allowed to BS on, Tom.

You point out post after post of it happening, and we say "If it happened, then punish them appropriately".

If we point it out occurring on the left, do you know response, almost every time?

1) It doesn't happen
2) "it doesn't happen enough to be meaningful".
3) You believe that source? (trying to turn it into a questionable source)

_OR_

4) It's so blatantly obvious, you just shut up on the topic and _dont_ say one damn word, instead waiting for your opportunity to go back to 1, 2, or 3.
10-29-2020 11:57 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
CardinalJim Offline
Welcome to The New Age

I Root For: Louisville
That man’s a Patriot.
10-29-2020 12:00 PM
JMUDunk Offline
Rootin' fer Dukes, bud

I Root For: Freedom
That woman's a Patriot.
10-29-2020 12:03 PM
Advertisement

solohawks Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: UNCW
(10-29-2020 09:43 AM)Redwingtom Wrote:  I thought only Democrats did this type of thing...silly me.

I cited you an article about small county NC GOPers committing voter fraud to win a House election to prove to you the dangers of mail in balloting. As typical you ignored the key issue.
10-29-2020 12:09 PM
CardinalJim Offline
Welcome to The New Age

I Root For: Louisville
(10-29-2020 12:03 PM)JMUDunk Wrote:  That woman's a Patriot.

Agreed... she is 04-cheers
10-29-2020 12:10 PM
Redwingtom Offline
Progressive filth

(10-29-2020 12:09 PM)solohawks Wrote:  

I cited you an article about small county NC GOPers committing voter fraud to win a House election to prove to you the dangers of mail in balloting. As typical you ignored the key issue.

An old issue covered here months ago that I was already well aware of. But there was nothing to ignore because neither me nor any other liberal here that I'm aware of ever claimed that voter fraud (mail-in or in person) does not happen like talking point the right wing nut jobs keep on parroting here. If you aren't one of them, congratulations. That makes you a rare hawk. 04-cheers
10-29-2020 12:15 PM
Hambone10 Offline
Hooter

I Root For: My Kids

New Orleans BowlDonatorsThe Parliament Awards
(10-29-2020 11:15 AM)Redwingtom Wrote:  Dude, just stop. I point out post after post, year after year, from people here claiming only democrats do this and that...each time telling them that fraud and crime knows no party.

So when its a leftie, you say it knows no party. When its a rightie, you claim that others say its only democrats.

I don't recall seeing one person say it was only democrats. What I recall is someone posting something a leftie does, and you making your 'it happens on both sides' and some people saying.... not today/not the same.... or people like me saying... YES its the same, so you're not offering a 'better' person... just a different ones with worse ideas.

I mean seriously, Tom... The fact that you consider a meaningful piece of evidence of a rightie 'stealing an election' is a suspect claim of legal improprieties over $350 over 4 groups over 2 Presidential elections and some yard signs?

Please show me a thread where someone from the right complained about something comparable to $350 in donations and some yard signs by some low level judge.

I'll hold my breath.

ETA, the closest you can probably come is Kamala 'stumping' where she's arguably not supposed to. Just like here, I suspect she was technically within the law... but at least that is a politician of some weight and not some random county judge.
(This post was last modified: 10-29-2020 12:27 PM by Hambone10.)
10-29-2020 12:23 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.