Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Who’s still in the running for the AAC Championship?
HoustonRocks Offline
1st String

I Root For: HoustonCougars
Who’s still in the running for the AAC Championship?
10-28-2020 10:01 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

CoastalJuan Offline
Business Drunk

I Root For: ECU
RE: Who’s still in the running for the AAC Championship?
(10-28-2020 10:01 AM)HoustonRocks Wrote:  https://www.underdogdynasty.com/2020/10/...-hurricane

They skipped 4th place Navy on that list.
10-28-2020 10:31 AM
vick mike Offline
All American

I Root For: Temple U
Off topic, but what in blazes was the Tamp Bay manager thinking last night? Did he have money on the Dodgers? I cannot recall a more obvious coaching blunder than pulling your starting pitcher who through 6 innings had 9 Ks, 1 hit, and zero runs.
10-28-2020 12:44 PM
BearcatMan Offline
Kicking Connoisseur/Occasional Man Crush

I Root For: Cincinnati
(10-28-2020 10:31 AM)CoastalJuan Wrote:  
(10-28-2020 10:01 AM)HoustonRocks Wrote:  https://www.underdogdynasty.com/2020/10/...-hurricane

That's because they would have to win out in order to make it against arguably the hardest remaining schedule in the conference.
10-28-2020 12:46 PM
Memphis Yankee Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Memphis
(10-28-2020 12:44 PM)vick mike Wrote:  Off topic, but what in blazes was the Tamp Bay manager thinking last night? Did he have money on the Dodgers? I cannot recall a more obvious coaching blunder than pulling your starting pitcher who through 6 innings had 9 Ks, 1 hit, and zero runs.

I got to be friends with an ex-pitcher who played for Tampa Bay (early 2000's). He married my old business partners daughter. We text each other all the time during games. During the World Series though, I've waited til after the games, because I didn't want to jinx him. Last night I couldn't hold back. I texted, why the F did they pull Snell? He replied, analytics and the fng dumb ass manager.
10-28-2020 12:58 PM
Advertisement

SMUstang Offline
Banned

I Root For: SMU Mustangs
Either UH or UCF and either SMU or Navy will be eliminated this weekend. If Memphis loses to Cincy, they will be eliminated.
(This post was last modified: 10-28-2020 02:32 PM by SMUstang.)
10-28-2020 02:07 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
pesik Offline
Legend

I Root For: Houston
(10-28-2020 02:07 PM)SMUstang Wrote:  Either UH or UCF will be eliminated this weekend. If Memphis loses to Cincy, they will be eliminated. If SMU loses to Navy, they will be eliminated.

houston is undefeated in conference play... houston losses this week but beats cincy next week, we'll have tie breakers over the top team in the league...

this is a must win for ucf not houston..

usf, temple, ecu, tulane are probably not competing for the title this year... out of those teams left i think ucf is the only one really facing a title elimination game this week.

the conference regular season champ might be undefeated or have 1 loss.. but the 2nd team in the conference title game will likely have 2 losses minimum.. memphis, smu, navy can all take a second loss, on the presumption they win out...which i wouldn't call impossible

memphis, smu and navy are likely playing for a chance to still be able to host the ccg
(This post was last modified: 10-28-2020 02:39 PM by pesik.)
10-28-2020 02:34 PM
SMUstang Offline
Banned

(10-28-2020 02:34 PM)pesik Wrote:  
(10-28-2020 02:07 PM)SMUstang Wrote:  Either UH or UCF will be eliminated this weekend. If Memphis loses to Cincy, they will be eliminated. If SMU loses to Navy, they will be eliminated.

houston is undefeated in conference play... houston losses this week but beats cincy next week, we'll have tie breakers over the top team in the league...

this is a must win for ucf not houston..

usf, temple, ecu, tulane are probably not competing for the title this year... out of those teams left i think ucf is the only one really facing a title elimination game this week.

the conference regular season champ might be undefeated or have 1 loss.. but the 2nd team in the conference title game will likely have 2 losses minimum.. memphis, smu, navy can all take a second loss, on the presumption they win out...which i wouldn't call impossible

memphis, smu and navy are likely playing for a chance to still be able to host the ccg

You are right, I stand corrected. But I don't think that the number 2 team will have 2 losses, though that is certainly a possibility.
10-28-2020 03:36 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
macgar32 Offline
Legend

Eh...This guy didn't watch the games...

Memphis was clearly better than SMU that day...Too many mistakes

UCF was better than Memphis...Memphis had to covert on 30,000 straight 4th downs to win by 1 point.
10-28-2020 08:12 PM
Advertisement

slhNavy91 Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Navy
(10-28-2020 12:46 PM)BearcatMan Wrote:  
(10-28-2020 10:31 AM)CoastalJuan Wrote:  

That's because they would have to win out in order to make it against arguably the hardest remaining schedule in the conference.

Remaining schedule is at SMU, Tulsa and Memphis at our place, at Green UConn. We completely avoid Cincy and UCF. Cincinnati and Tulsa definitely have harder remaining schedules. Arguable whether Navy's is harder than UCF, SMU, or Houston's.

Underdog Dynasty guy explained why he wasn't listing Navy. I also recall him previewing 2019, and there was NO WAY he saw more than 2 or three wins for Navy.
10-28-2020 09:07 PM
WhoseHouse? Online
Heisman

I Root For: UH
Navy's obviously going to beat Green UConn but I don't see them getting past Tulsa and Memphis. I like their chances of winning against SMU this weekend though.

Regardless of the results I don't think that slate qualifies as the hardest remaining schedules. Not going to do a deep dive on it but just looking at UH's remaining slate, we have:

UCF
@UC
USF
@SMU
Tulsa
@Memphis

So basically the same slate except you get USF at home and Memphis on the road, then you add UCF/UC. Navy's schedule was definitely back loaded but truthfully they just kind of have an easier schedule this year.
(This post was last modified: 10-28-2020 09:40 PM by WhoseHouse?.)
10-28-2020 09:38 PM
macgar32 Offline
Legend

(10-28-2020 09:38 PM)WhoseHouse? Wrote:  Navy's obviously going to beat Green UConn but I don't see them getting past Tulsa and Memphis. I like their chances of winning against SMU this weekend though.

Regardless of the results I don't think that slate qualifies as the hardest remaining schedules. Not going to do a deep dive on it but just looking at UH's remaining slate, we have:

UCF
@UC
USF
@SMU
Tulsa
@Memphis

So basically the same slate except you get USF at home and Memphis on the road, then you add UCF/UC. Navy's schedule was definitely back loaded but truthfully they just kind of have an easier schedule this year.

Bottom line is we don't need Navy or Navy (Especially Navy) anywhere near the top of this league.

If Houston or Navy is in the Conference Championship game BYU has a legit beef.
10-28-2020 10:21 PM
WhoseHouse? Online
Heisman

(10-28-2020 10:21 PM)macgar32 Wrote:  
(10-28-2020 09:38 PM)WhoseHouse? Wrote:  Navy's obviously going to beat Green UConn but I don't see them getting past Tulsa and Memphis. I like their chances of winning against SMU this weekend though.

UCF
@UC
USF
@SMU
Tulsa
@Memphis

Bottom line is we don't need Navy or Navy (Especially Navy) anywhere near the top of this league.

?
10-29-2020 12:11 AM
Advertisement

pesik Offline
Legend

I Root For: Houston
(10-29-2020 12:11 AM)WhoseHouse? Wrote:  

UCF
@UC
USF
@SMU
Tulsa
@Memphis

?

i thnk his point is that, both houston and navy have lost to BYU badly (especially navy)
the success of those 2 teams will be used as a comparison point later on in the season for the NY6.. as boise and sdsu also play boise later on..
10-29-2020 01:32 AM
WhoseHouse? Online
Heisman

(10-29-2020 01:32 AM)pesik Wrote:  
(10-29-2020 12:11 AM)WhoseHouse? Wrote:  

UCF
@UC
USF
@SMU
Tulsa
@Memphis

?

i thnk his point is that, both houston and navy have lost to BYU badly (especially navy)
the success of those 2 teams will be used as a comparison point later on in the season for the NY6.. as boise and sdsu also play boise later on..

My question mark was to his Navy and Navy comment and the BYU having beef comment.
10-29-2020 02:36 AM
panite Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Owls-SC-RU-Navy
I'll wait until the end to see who the #1 and #2 team's are. 02-13-banana 02-13-banana 03-shhhh 03-shhhh COGS COGS 04-cheers
10-29-2020 09:35 AM
Crayton Offline
All American

I Root For: Florida
Chances pre Tulsa-ECU game:

(Playoff/Top G5*/American Champs/CCG Appearances) % of 10,000 simulations
(4/5/27/48) Cincinnati (biggest game left: Memphis, this week)
(1/3/31/46) Memphis (biggest game left: Cincinnati, this week)
(0/1/12/28) Houston (biggest game left: Memphis, current season finale)
(0/0/9/24) SMU (biggest game left: vs. Tulsa)
(0/0/8/24) Tulsa (biggest game left: Cincinnati, current season finale)
(0/0/6/12) UCF (biggest game left: Houston, this week)
(0/0/3/10) Navy (biggest game left: vs. Memphis)
*Boise and Marshall dominate the probabilities for "Top G5" given their higher chances of going undefeated

The American is the conference with the most teams with >10% chance of making their CCG. Lots of parity and excitement this year.
(This post was last modified: 10-30-2020 06:24 PM by Crayton.)
10-30-2020 06:22 PM
SMUstang Offline
Banned

After Week 9 the AAC now has 2 undefeated in conference teams and 2-1 loss in conference teams. UCF could be a major spoiler this season but they are not on SMU's schedule, and Tulsa has already beaten them.
(This post was last modified: 11-02-2020 12:51 PM by SMUstang.)
11-02-2020 12:37 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.