Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Iowa Senate Race?
solohawks Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: UNCW
Iowa Senate Race?
Why is this race close??

I get everyone hates McSally in AZ and that is a swinger state, but whats the deal with Ernst?

How could someone who hates the current state of politics vote for Trump and the Dem senator for Iowa knowing this seat might give the Senate to the Dems and create complete governmental paralysis?
10-26-2020 10:40 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

ODUsmitty Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Old Dominion
RE: Iowa Senate Race?
Please, for all that is holy, keep Ernst in this seat.
10-26-2020 10:58 PM
solohawks Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: UNCW
Looking at the map the GOP is starting at +3. Alabama is coming home to the GOP however Colorado is going to complete its transformation to a completely blue state to cancel out that win. Then you have Susan Collins, the last Republican member of Congress in New England. With her vote for Kavanaugh i dont see how she survives this. Shame on Murkowski for forcing her in that position. So now you are at +2 with the incredibly unpopular McSally, Ernst, and Tillis.

The way I figure if Trump wins than Tillis is going to win and the worst case scenario is a 50-50 senate with Pence as the tiebreaker. However if Trump loses, i could still see Tillis winning but the Ernst seat would be the one that determines the future of the Senate and how radical a Biden administration would be
10-26-2020 11:08 PM
TripleA Online
Legend

I Root For: Memphis Tigers

Memphis Hall of Fame
(10-26-2020 10:40 PM)solohawks Wrote:  Why is this race close??

I get everyone hates McSally in AZ and that is a swinger state, but whats the deal with Ernst?

How could someone who hates the current state of politics vote for Trump and the Dem senator for Iowa knowing this seat might give the Senate to the Dems and create complete governmental paralysis?

I read somewhere that Iowa has had an influx of people from blue states (such as Illinois, I would presume), which could eventually cause it to go blue like Colorado.

Unfortunately, I can't remember where I read that, or why it was happening.
10-26-2020 11:14 PM
Advertisement

CardinalJim Offline
Welcome to The New Age

I Root For: Louisville
Liberals are flocking from cities they have already destroyed to red states. Unfortunately they continue to vote liberal and turn their new homes into the same thing they left behind.

You see the same thing with immigrants. They work hard to turn their new homes into the mess they left.
10-27-2020 03:47 AM
TigersOhMy Offline
Not 1st String

I Root For: Memphis
(10-26-2020 11:08 PM)solohawks Wrote:  Looking at the map the GOP is starting at +3. Alabama is coming home to the GOP however Colorado is going to complete its transformation to a completely blue state to cancel out that win. Then you have Susan Collins, the last Republican member of Congress in New England. With her vote for Kavanaugh i dont see how she survives this. Shame on Murkowski for forcing her in that position. So now you are at +2 with the incredibly unpopular McSally, Ernst, and Tillis.

The way I figure if Trump wins than Tillis is going to win and the worst case scenario is a 50-50 senate with Pence as the tiebreaker. However if Trump loses, i could still see Tillis winning but the Ernst seat would be the one that determines the future of the Senate and how radical a Biden administration would be

Looking at RCP, it looks like basically every poll this month has the Tillis race within the MoE, but that Tillis has closed the gap considerably since Cunninham's scandals have blown up.

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls...-6908.html
10-27-2020 06:22 AM
AdoptedMonarch Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Old Dominion
(10-26-2020 11:14 PM)TripleA Wrote:  
(10-26-2020 10:40 PM)solohawks Wrote:  Why is this race close??

I read somewhere that Iowa has had an influx of people from blue states (such as Illinois, I would presume), which could eventually cause it to go blue like Colorado.

Unfortunately, I can't remember where I read that, or why it was happening.

You are thinking of Texas, and other southern states.

Iowa is just the opposite. It is a miserable place for anyone with even an modicum of initiative and ability. Anyone who might vote on a self-reliance approach is more likely to want out. The best and brightest are "from Iowa", not "in Iowa".

Those left behind are more likely to want a government that coddles them.
10-27-2020 06:34 AM
shere khan Offline
Southerner

I Root For: Tulane
(10-27-2020 03:47 AM)CardinalJim Wrote:  Liberals are flocking from cities they have already destroyed to red states. Unfortunately they continue to vote liberal and turn their new homes into the same thing they left behind.

You see the same thing with immigrants. They work hard to turn their new homes into the mess they left.

Prog filth are like locusts.
10-27-2020 07:25 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.