Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Schools that “postpone” games should take the L if game isn’t played
Bookmark and Share
MU ATO Offline
THE ONE AND ONLY

I Root For: MU, GCU, U of I

Donators
Exclamation Schools that “postpone” games should take the L if game isn’t played
I’m over the excuse of the pandemic. I get it. The team that has positive tests can’t play for obvious reasons and the game gets postponed. Like ECU & Rice. However, Ive heard ZERO movement on these games being rescheduled. So those games should be wins for Marshall.

If games are not played then have consequences for failure to make them up. If Marshall chooses not to play ECU then I can see where it’s a wash but if a school is left hanging because of the other and the. They refuse to reschedule that should be a forfeit.
(This post was last modified: 10-25-2020 06:54 AM by MU ATO.)
10-24-2020 07:28 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

THE NC Herd Fan Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Marshall
RE: Schools that “postpone” games should take the L of game isn’t played
At this point that would just be a statistic, it won't help Marshall with the quest for NY6 game. I am disappointed, barring a miracle it doesn't look like either game will be played. ODU is a bigger problem, both UVA and Va Tech are playing. ODU not playing, CUSA should consider some penalty for that decision.
(This post was last modified: 10-24-2020 07:41 PM by THE NC Herd Fan.)
10-24-2020 07:41 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
rileylives Offline
Heisman

(10-24-2020 07:41 PM)THE NC Herd Fan Wrote:  At this point that would just be a statistic, it won't help Marshall with the quest for NY6 game. I am disappointed, barring a miracle it doesn't look like either game will be played. ODU is a bigger problem, both UVA and Va Tech are playing. ODU not playing, CUSA should consider some penalty for that decision.

I think Rice could still happen.

I definitely don't think the ECU game will.
10-24-2020 08:01 PM
rileylives Offline
Heisman

Every team that had ODU on their schedule should receive a forefit win.

This season should go down as an 0-12 season for ODU

That's old school.
10-24-2020 08:03 PM
rileylives Offline
Heisman

At least ODU gave everyone fair warning about a month before the season started.

I'm actually more disappointed in Rice. They clearly ducked UAB and Marshall.

If we do play Rice, I hope Doc releases the hounds on em. Their still due in my eyes for this, and the 2013 CUSA championship fiasco.

Prove me wrong.
(This post was last modified: 10-24-2020 08:09 PM by rileylives.)
10-24-2020 08:06 PM
MU lad-grad-dad Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For: The Herd
I agree teams should forfeit a win for not playing BUT only for the purpose of determining who plays in the conference championship game. And only if the games are not made up this season.

That way forfeits within the conference won't mean anything for bowls; CUSA can't impose it on OOC schedules; teams couldn't be accused of manipulating the situation; and won't change records at the end of the year. Plus CUSA won't have to worry about any potential hard choices about who gets make-up games if they can't all be made up. If one team cancels the first time and the other cancels the next time then it's a tie. It's also the most fair way of determine the conference champ if one of the division winners cancels playing the championship.
10-25-2020 06:25 AM
Advertisement

MU ATO Offline
THE ONE AND ONLY

I Root For: MU, GCU, U of I

Donators
RE: Schools that “postpone” games should take the L if game isn’t played
I prob need to clarify that my point isn’t about getting a “win” it’s more about the consequences to the other school in hopes that if there are actual consequences like a forfeit then they will be willing to get it done.
10-25-2020 06:57 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
12thmonarch Offline
Heisman

I Root For: ODU
(10-24-2020 08:03 PM)rileylives Wrote:  Every team that had ODU on their schedule should receive a forefit win.

This season should go down as an 0-12 season for ODU

That's old school.

Absolutely agree. Everyone on ODU schedule at least the conf mates should get one.

[Image: tenor.gif]
10-25-2020 12:57 PM
mturn017 Offline
ODU Homer

I Root For: Old Dominion
It’s a legit question regarding conference ranking, if one team is 4-1 and another is 6-2 who gets the bid to the title game? By past rules the first but doesn’t seem fair. But if it’s not the first teams fault for the cancellations then should they be penalized? Forfeiting and giving the other team the win seems fair enough I suppose. Y’all figure it out amongst yourselves, doesnt concern me. I’m a Marshall fan this season and we’re going undefeated regardless so it’s really a question for the West. Go Herd!
10-26-2020 05:36 PM
THUNDERStruck73 Offline
Complete Jackass

I Root For: Herd, Our Lady, & Heels
Just count division games only.
(This post was last modified: 10-26-2020 05:55 PM by THUNDERStruck73.)
10-26-2020 05:55 PM
rileylives Offline
Heisman

(10-26-2020 05:36 PM)mturn017 Wrote:  It’s a legit question regarding conference ranking, if one team is 4-1 and another is 6-2 who gets the bid to the title game? By past rules the first but doesn’t seem fair. But if it’s not the first teams fault for the cancellations then should they be penalized? Forfeiting and giving the other team the win seems fair enough I suppose. Y’all figure it out amongst yourselves, doesnt concern me. I’m a Marshall fan this season and we’re going undefeated regardless so it’s really a question for the West. Go Herd!

Welcome aboard!

Appreciate hopping on board for the year. Makes sense, and if other ODU fans want on, they're more than welcome.

I get it, I would still want to root for something. I would always have firm allegiance to my main team, but I always have to have something to root for.

Just one favor, please help us keep ODU96 on check. He's gotten pretty overzealous as of late.
10-26-2020 07:45 PM
Advertisement

bit_9 Offline

We'll compile a joint list for the small table at thx giving for the mutually hated and the rest of us will root on. =]
10-26-2020 07:58 PM
PirateTreasureNC Offline
G's up, Ho's Down ; )

I Root For: ECU Pirates,
(10-24-2020 07:28 PM)MU ATO Wrote:  I’m over the excuse of the pandemic. I get it. The team that has positive tests can’t play for obvious reasons and the game gets postponed. Like ECU & Rice. However, Ive heard ZERO movement on these games being rescheduled. So those games should be wins for Marshall.

If games are not played then have consequences for failure to make them up. If Marshall chooses not to play ECU then I can see where it’s a wash but if a school is left hanging because of the other and the. They refuse to reschedule that should be a forfeit.

ECU/Marshall specific here:

I've heard there is a want to but there were/are scheduling issues in making it happen with the two teams. It sucks a big one considering the anniversary tied to the game.
10-26-2020 08:17 PM
12thmonarch Offline
Heisman

(10-26-2020 07:45 PM)rileylives Wrote:  
(10-26-2020 05:36 PM)mturn017 Wrote:  It’s a legit question regarding conference ranking, if one team is 4-1 and another is 6-2 who gets the bid to the title game? By past rules the first but doesn’t seem fair. But if it’s not the first teams fault for the cancellations then should they be penalized? Forfeiting and giving the other team the win seems fair enough I suppose. Y’all figure it out amongst yourselves, doesnt concern me. I’m a Marshall fan this season and we’re going undefeated regardless so it’s really a question for the West. Go Herd!

Welcome aboard!

Appreciate hopping on board for the year. Makes sense, and if other ODU fans want on, they're more than welcome.

I get it, I would still want to root for something. I would always have firm allegiance to my main team, but I always have to have something to root for.

Just one favor, please help us keep ODU96 on check. He's gotten pretty overzealous as of late.

Oh there are already a few rooting for ya so we got you covered on that.
10-26-2020 10:03 PM
HerdZoned Offline
Hall of Famer

Folding@NCAAbbsCrappiesCrappiesCrappies
(10-26-2020 08:17 PM)PirateTreasureNC Wrote:  
(10-24-2020 07:28 PM)MU ATO Wrote:  I’m over the excuse of the pandemic. I get it. The team that has positive tests can’t play for obvious reasons and the game gets postponed. Like ECU & Rice. However, Ive heard ZERO movement on these games being rescheduled. So those games should be wins for Marshall.

I've heard there is a want to but there were/are scheduling issues in making it happen with the two teams. It sucks a big one considering the anniversary tied to the game.

No one at ECU wants anything to do with this Marshall team.

And well now FIU is going to screw us over on our ranking, I HATE THIS DAMN CONFERENCE.

Dr Gilbert and Mike Hamrick get us out of this Hell Hole.
10-27-2020 12:11 PM
BleedsGreen33 Offline
1st String

(10-26-2020 08:17 PM)PirateTreasureNC Wrote:  

At first your AD said he would be willing to play on December 5th if Marshall was open. Which means we weren't playing for the conference. Then ever since CUSA moved the conference championship game back ECU has been less that willing to pull the trigger on that Dec 5 date. Allegedly.
10-27-2020 12:48 PM
Advertisement

BleedsGreen33 Offline
1st String

Seeing how there's been rumors that ODU's admin has been less than thrilled about the move to CUSA and have talked about other options maybe CUSA should make the decision of them.
10-27-2020 12:53 PM
HerdZoned Offline
Hall of Famer

Folding@NCAAbbsCrappiesCrappiesCrappies
(10-27-2020 12:48 PM)BleedsGreen33 Wrote:  At first your AD said he would be willing to play on December 5th if Marshall was open. Which means we weren't playing for the conference. Then ever since CUSA moved the conference championship game back ECU has been less that willing to pull the trigger on that Dec 5 date. Allegedly.

The Dumpster Fire in Greenville NC wants nothing to do with this Marshall team. They know it would be worse than this:

Marshall 59 ECU 28

No way this ECU squad would score 28 on our defense this year.
10-27-2020 01:25 PM
mturn017 Offline
ODU Homer

I Root For: Old Dominion
(10-27-2020 12:53 PM)BleedsGreen33 Wrote:  Seeing how there's been rumors that ODU's admin has been less than thrilled about the move to CUSA and have talked about other options maybe CUSA should make the decision of them.

I don't know how this would help the situation but I think it would probably be better characterized as not thrilled with the direction of the conference rather than the move to the conference.
10-27-2020 02:04 PM
BleedsGreen33 Offline
1st String

(10-27-2020 02:04 PM)mturn017 Wrote:  
(10-27-2020 12:53 PM)BleedsGreen33 Wrote:  Seeing how there's been rumors that ODU's admin has been less than thrilled about the move to CUSA and have talked about other options maybe CUSA should make the decision of them.

I don't know how this would help the situation but I think it would probably be better characterized as not thrilled with the direction of the conference rather than the move to the conference.

The article I read back in the off season was that the CUSA board and admin weren't happy with the money. The thought it was going to be a bigger payday than it turned out too be so they were looking at options to leave CUSA. One of which was dropping back down.
10-27-2020 02:53 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.