Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

STARTED AT THE BOTTOM NOW THE SUN BELT HERE
Bookmark and Share
JCGSU Offline
HAIL SOUTHERN

I Root For: GS EAGLES
STARTED AT THE BOTTOM NOW THE SUN BELT HERE
https://www.sports-reference.com/cfb/con.../sun-belt/

Worth noting the overall success has gone up at the same time the strength of schedule has gone up. Winning bowl record since 2014.
10-23-2020 09:38 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

stingingeagle Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: Ga Southern
RE: STARTED AT THE BOTTOM NOW THE SUN BELT HERE
Why not just hand over the Sun Belt Champions trophy to App State and be done with it. The decline of App State's program is greatly exaggerated.
10-23-2020 09:44 AM
TroyFootball05 Offline
1987 Man of the Year

I Root For: Good Times
(10-23-2020 09:44 AM)stingingeagle Wrote:  Why not just hand over the Sun Belt Champions trophy to App State and be done with it. The decline of App State's program is greatly exaggerated.

This will be their last one. The Sun Belt gods have decried there should be a new emperor every five years:

North Texas ➙ Troy ➙ Arkansas State ➙ App State ➙ ??????? ????????
10-23-2020 10:08 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

JCGSU Offline
HAIL SOUTHERN

I Root For: GS EAGLES
(10-23-2020 09:44 AM)stingingeagle Wrote:  Why not just hand over the Sun Belt Champions trophy to App State and be done with it. The decline of App State's program is greatly exaggerated.

Makes you want to puke...03-puke We should be right there with them but we win the slogan championship every year.
10-23-2020 10:17 AM
T2003 Offline
1st String

I Root For: Troy & Auburn
(10-23-2020 10:08 AM)TroyFootball05 Wrote:  

This will be their last one. The Sun Belt gods have decried there should be a new emperor every five years:

Please, no more dynasties!
10-23-2020 10:39 AM
Advertisement

stingingeagle Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: Ga Southern
I know right... I have to give them credit though. They are extremely consistent with not just their offense, but in their hiring choices. Jerry Moore planted a good tree, and Appy continually harvests that seed and tend to it. It's paying off for them. They have my utmost respect.

That's what we should have done. With the triple option, we were 'branding' before organizations could spell the word. Now, we have a divided fan base that wants to ditch it and be like everyone else. We waffle. We aren't fully committed. We try a variation. We want to plant a new tree. Our hiring choices prove it, and our W/L record proves it.

There's a high school up the road from me that runs the triple option, and has been since since Ray Lamb installed it in 1972. They have lean years yes, but they stick with it. They have excellent W/L record and many championships. I wish we could stick with it like that. If Ray Lamb sounds familiar to GS and App State, it should.

(10-23-2020 10:17 AM)JCGSU Wrote:  

Makes you want to puke...03-puke We should be right there with them but we win the slogan championship every year.
(This post was last modified: 10-23-2020 03:41 PM by stingingeagle.)
10-23-2020 10:43 AM
CardinalBlackTrojan Offline

I Root For: TROY
Call me when someone finally matches Troy's run of 5 straight titles.05-stirthepot

[Image: tenor.gif]
10-23-2020 03:07 PM
Advertisement

iStoopify Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: App State
(10-23-2020 03:07 PM)CardinalBlackTrojan Wrote:  Call me when someone finally matches Troy's run of 5 straight titles.05-stirthepot

[Image: tenor.gif]

!remindme 2 months
10-23-2020 03:36 PM
JoeJag Offline
Sun Belt Nationalist

I Root For: South Alabama
(10-23-2020 09:38 AM)JCGSU Wrote:  https://www.sports-reference.com/cfb/con.../sun-belt/

Worth noting the overall success has gone up at the same time the strength of schedule has gone up. Winning bowl record since 2014.

They may and then, they may not. In the words of the great Yogi Berra, "It ain't over till it's over."
10-23-2020 03:53 PM
chiefsfan Offline
No Seriously, they let me be a mod

I Root For: ASU
(10-23-2020 10:08 AM)TroyFootball05 Wrote:  

I believe Coastal has dibs. Maybe UL, but the Cajuns appear to have this always the bridesmaid never the bride thing working well...
10-23-2020 05:59 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.