Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

The Coming Coup?
CardinalJim Offline
Welcome to The New Age

I Root For: Louisville
The Coming Coup?
Democrats are laying the groundwork for revolution right in front of our eyes.

As if 2020 were not insane enough already, we now have Democrats and their ruling class masters openly talking about staging a coup. You might have missed it, what with the riots, lockdowns and other daily mayhem we’re forced to endure in this, the most wretched year of my lifetime. But it’s happening. It started with the military brass quietly indicating that the troops should not follow a presidential order. They were bolstered by many former generals—including President Trump’s own first Secretary of Defense—who stated openly what the brass would only hint at. Then, as nationwide riots really got rolling in early June, the sitting Secretary of Defense himself all but publicly told the president not to invoke the Insurrection Act. His implicit message was: “Mr. President, don’t tell us to do that, because we won’t, and you know what happens after that.”

https://americanmind.org/essays/the-coming-coup/
10-22-2020 04:51 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Eldonabe Offline
No More Wire Hangars!

I Root For: All but Uconn
RE: The Coming Coup?
IF Trump wins and these lefties get even more uppity - there will be pushback this time.

I think that there has been A LOT of patience on display from A LOT of people (on both sides) enduring the rioting and disrespect for their fellow Americans. That schidt is going to come to an end real fast when the actual majority says enough is enough and put their foot down on these people.

It is OK to have a different view point - it is not OK to break and steal stuff on a daily basis.
10-22-2020 07:01 AM
miko33 Offline
Defender of Honesty and Integrity

I Root For: Alma Mater
If there is any merit to this and military brass are quietly trying to lay the groundwork for a coup and it gets to that level where the brass try to remove a sitting president...something tells me the next lower ranked officers and enlisted personnel would rise up and take the generals out. Could be wrong, but it seems like Trump has MAJOR support among the enlisted and most officers.
10-22-2020 07:19 AM
Advertisement

banker Online
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Marshall
In his second term Trump needs to do what he should have done in his first term - literally drain the swamp. Anyone appointed under Obama needs to be gone.
10-22-2020 07:37 AM
Eldonabe Offline
No More Wire Hangars!

I Root For: All but Uconn
(10-22-2020 07:19 AM)miko33 Wrote:  If there is any merit to this and military brass are quietly trying to lay the groundwork for a coup and it gets to that level where the brass try to remove a sitting president...something tells me the next lower ranked officers and enlisted personnel would rise up and take the generals out. Could be wrong, but it seems like Trump has MAJOR support among the enlisted and most officers.

My son is at Fort Benning and (at least on the surface) there are almost NO Biden supporters to be heard from.
10-22-2020 07:37 AM
Advertisement

EverRespect Online
Free Kaplony

I Root For: ODU
Can't imagine even the Generals and Pentagon bureaucrats that prefer democrats or neocons would go along with military action against a sitting president because orange man bad. There will likely be pink pusssy hats and millennial meltdowns like last time and perhaps some riots to quell but this civil war talk is ridiculous.
10-22-2020 07:42 AM
TripleA Online
Legend

I Root For: Memphis Tigers

Memphis Hall of Fame
(10-22-2020 07:37 AM)Eldonabe Wrote:  
(10-22-2020 07:19 AM)miko33 Wrote:  If there is any merit to this and military brass are quietly trying to lay the groundwork for a coup and it gets to that level where the brass try to remove a sitting president...something tells me the next lower ranked officers and enlisted personnel would rise up and take the generals out. Could be wrong, but it seems like Trump has MAJOR support among the enlisted and most officers.

My son is at Fort Benning and (at least on the surface) there are almost NO Biden supporters to be heard from.

I live 10 miles from Fort Benning and I'm a military vet. I can confirm there is little or no support for Biden anywhere around Fort Benning, either. Typical military town. Pretty sure I have yet to see a Biden sign anywhere.

In contrast, I just returned from Hilton Head. Myrtle Beach and Savannah. Plenty of Biden signs there, although outnumbered by Trump signs.
(This post was last modified: 10-22-2020 07:48 AM by TripleA.)
10-22-2020 07:44 AM
Advertisement

CardinalJim Offline
Welcome to The New Age

I Root For: Louisville
If Nancy, Chuck, Omar, AOC and Adam have done anything the last few years, it has been to shown us to what great lengths they will go to regain power. Make no mistake, Republicans have their own swamp rats in Romney, Collins and Flake, just to name a few, that want more power. While I hope we never see another civil war, I wouldn’t dismiss the possibility entirely.
10-22-2020 07:50 AM
stinkfist Offline
nuts zongo's in the house

I Root For: Mustard Buzzards
(10-22-2020 07:01 AM)Eldonabe Wrote:  IF Trump wins and these lefties get even more uppity - there will be pushback this time.

I think that there has been A LOT of patience on display from A LOT of people (on both sides) enduring the rioting and disrespect for their fellow Americans. That schidt is going to come to an end real fast when the actual majority says enough is enough and put their foot down on these people.

It is OK to have a different view point - it is not OK to break and steal stuff on a daily basis.

if #henceDJT does win, look for John Wayne tactics in the lame duck role....

@ourTurn
10-22-2020 08:26 AM
BartlettTigerFan Offline
Have gun Will travel

I Root For: Freedom
(10-22-2020 08:26 AM)stinkfist Wrote:  
(10-22-2020 07:01 AM)Eldonabe Wrote:  IF Trump wins and these lefties get even more uppity - there will be pushback this time.

if #henceDJT does win, look for John Wayne tactics in the lame duck role....

@ourTurn

Exactly what I've been thinking
10-22-2020 08:48 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.