CUSA announces basketball schedule changes
Bookmark and Share
MU ATO Offline
THE ONE AND ONLY

I Root For: MU, GCU, U of I

Donators
MyBB CUSA announces basketball schedule changes
10-20-2020 03:32 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

mturn017 Offline
ODU Homer

I Root For: Old Dominion
RE: CUSA announces basketball schedule changes
So our travel partner will likely be the home and home and no telling who the rest of the draws will be.

Without schedules being released I'm pegging LT fans as the biggest complainers of their schedule.
(This post was last modified: 10-20-2020 03:51 PM by mturn017.)
10-20-2020 03:51 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
SpaceRaider Offline
All American

I Root For: MiddleTennessee
(10-20-2020 03:51 PM)mturn017 Wrote:  So our travel partner will likely be the home and home and no telling who the rest of the draws will be.

Without schedules being released I'm pegging LT fans as the biggest complainers of their schedule.

LT Fans???

LOL

ODU are the biggest bellyachers about anything CUSA basketball.
10-20-2020 04:55 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

HogDawg Offline
Heisman

I Root For: LA Tech
(10-20-2020 03:51 PM)mturn017 Wrote:  So our travel partner will likely be the home and home and no telling who the rest of the draws will be.

Why is that? Do you know something the rest of us don't know? (Which would be truly shocking, LOL!) 03-lmfao
10-20-2020 05:31 PM
HogDawg Offline
Heisman

I Root For: LA Tech
(10-20-2020 04:55 PM)SpaceRaider Wrote:  

LT Fans???

LOL

AMEN to that! 03-lmfao
10-20-2020 05:31 PM
Advertisement

Fort Bend Owl Offline
Legend

I Root For: An easy win
The Parliament Awards
So you're hosting 4 teams (for 2 games apiece), and you're on the road for one of those odd doubleheaders 4 times. And then you have a home-and-home with a rival team that likely is going to be fairly close to you? What a strange (and likely controversial) schedule.

At least in men's basketball, there is some balance between the east and western teams. But outside of Rice, all of the strength on the women's side lies in the east.

I certainly hope they're not lining up the teams strictly by geographic boundaries (other than the rivalry game).
(This post was last modified: 10-20-2020 06:21 PM by Fort Bend Owl.)
10-20-2020 06:20 PM
mturn017 Offline
ODU Homer

LT Fans???

LOL

That’s not true. Just other teams schedules and playing the tournament in a football practice facility in the Dallas suburbs for eternity. We still object to those FTR. I think you may be forgetting the Tech Wine Festival when they had to play an early game in Birmingham as the number one seed and lost.
10-20-2020 07:38 PM
Advertisement

mturn017 Offline
ODU Homer

(10-20-2020 06:20 PM)Fort Bend Owl Wrote:  So you're hosting 4 teams (for 2 games apiece), and you're on the road for one of those odd doubleheaders 4 times. And then you have a home-and-home with a rival team that likely is going to be fairly close to you? What a strange (and likely controversial) schedule.

At least in men's basketball, there is some balance between the east and western teams. But outside of Rice, all of the strength on the women's side lies in the east.

I certainly hope they're not lining up the teams strictly by geographic boundaries (other than the rivalry game).

Solid point. Rice’s ladies would have an easy path to a number one seed based on geography strictly and maybe the NT men. If you’re getting on a plane and busing to a hotel, arena and back I don’t imagine it matters too much where you go regarding Covid, depending on how “ hot” the area is at the time. Can’t imagine the finances being too different either. Someone is going to feel like they were shafted though (and they will probably also have a solid point).
10-20-2020 07:44 PM
blazers9911 Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: UAB
Survivor Runner-up
(10-20-2020 07:38 PM)mturn017 Wrote:  

LT Fans???

LOL

That’s not true. Just other teams schedules and playing the tournament in a football practice facility in the Dallas suburbs for eternity. We still object to those FTR. I think you may be forgetting the Tech Wine Festival when they had to play an early game in Birmingham as the number one seed and lost.

Late game*. They had to play 2.5 hours later than UAB and that’s the only reason they lost the game.
10-20-2020 07:51 PM
Advertisement

blazers9911 Offline
Hall of Famer

Survivor Runner-up
(10-20-2020 07:44 PM)mturn017 Wrote:  
(10-20-2020 06:20 PM)Fort Bend Owl Wrote:  So you're hosting 4 teams (for 2 games apiece), and you're on the road for one of those odd doubleheaders 4 times. And then you have a home-and-home with a rival team that likely is going to be fairly close to you? What a strange (and likely controversial) schedule.

Solid point. Rice’s ladies would have an easy path to a number one seed based on geography strictly and maybe the NT men. If you’re getting on a plane and busing to a hotel, arena and back I don’t imagine it matters too much where you go regarding Covid, depending on how “ hot” the area is at the time. Can’t imagine the finances being too different either. Someone is going to feel like they were shafted though (and they will probably also have a solid point).

Honestly, it just needs to be a lottery. I assume the travel partners will be the home and home, so that part should be obvious, but who knows with this conference. After that, just draw names from a hat. Somebody will get screwed, somebody else won’t. But I’d rather it be done this way than some random geographic lines being drawn.

I still contend we could’ve had 3 teams go to a city at once and throw a third game into each weekend, as well as avoiding playing the same day twice in three days, but what’s done is done.
10-20-2020 07:54 PM
hooverblazer Offline
Promoter of UAB

I just hope we get an official schedule soon. 33 days from the season and still no schedule.

Sucks all this is happening this year in particular when our fan base is finally excited again about basketball. Harder to sell tickets with no schedule and now limiting capacity to 25% at Bartow Arena.
10-22-2020 01:05 PM
Cyniclone Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: ODU
Sun Belt released an 18-game schedule but NOT SO FAST MY FRIENDS
10-22-2020 02:01 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.