Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

I rarely get really upset over politics
banker Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Marshall
I rarely get really upset over politics
I have always thought of politicians as people who can make things slightly easier or harder in my life, but largely inconsequential to my success and happiness. That really changed last night as I flipped around TV.

What I saw last night was brazen destruction of the systems that hold this country together. I saw a reality where major forces are working in unison to make politics the most important thing in my, and everyone’s, life. That actually scares me.

What did I see? I saw news anchors on major networks and their talking head guests repeatedly give the same lie as news. The Hunter Biden emails are a debunked piece of Russian propaganda. The FBI is investigating this as Russian interference. It’s a plot between Putin and Trump.

They offer no commentary on who has debunked this, they offer no confirmation of the fbi investigation and they offer no information as to how they determined the Putin plot. I even saw a Biden surrogate refuse to say the emails were fake when asked and watched the interviewer gloss over that. I watched it he press laugh at one of their own when the poor reporter actually tried to ask Biden about the emails as he ignored the question, turned and walked away.

First, just how stupid and blinded by hate do people have to be to really believe Russia x3 again after the 3 year lie of the last time they used it for that was just six months ago?

Then you have all this debate commission stuff - changing the focus of the debate, adding mute to the mics, all last minute, unilaterally, and with a moderator who is a democrat from a large donor democrat family.

Then you have the whole circular reference of Twitter banning content for the Democrats and then the Democrats using the fact that Twitter banned it as evidence that it must be bogus.

This is probably the most incoherent ramble I’ve ever put on a message board, but that’s just where I am at the moment. For 4’years they have thrown everything at Trump and now that they have sitting in front of them exactly what they accused Trump of being, they are either blind to it or simply don’t care. The list of projections by the left is staggering, from Hillary really being the Russian colluder, to Biden really being the QPQ guy.

Our country is in a really bad place right now and it’s because the swamp and elite know they are a Trump re-election away from losing their stronghold on the system. So they are not going to worry about hiding it now and the next two weeks are going to be the worst of it. If they can get Biden in they will simply write the narrative to mask what they did.
(This post was last modified: 10-20-2020 08:19 AM by banker.)
10-20-2020 08:16 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

appst89 Offline
Herding Cats

I Root For: Appalachian St.
RE: I rarely get really upset over politics
If Biden wins, the America envisioned by our founders is dead. If Trump wins, that America still has a chance, but we may have to fight to take it back from the globalists.
10-20-2020 08:21 AM
DFWMINER Offline
1st String

I Root For:
Crappies
I'm right there with you. Never seen this level of political bull crap in my 54 years.
10-20-2020 08:21 AM
Bear Catlett Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: UC
I know this is a rhetorical question, but I keep asking myself this in my head...

Where did these people come from?

I went to HS and college in the Reagan/Bush 41 years. I remember a kid wearing a Dukakis shirt to class once... in college... and we all made fun of him. He was an outlier.

I mean, I've always said the country started to go downhill when the Clinton machine took power, but I just looked at it as a blip on the screen when George W got in for 8 years.

So these people have all basically mutated since Obama. Hmm... I guess I just answered my own question.
(This post was last modified: 10-20-2020 08:36 AM by Bear Catlett.)
10-20-2020 08:35 AM
stinkfist Online
nuts zongo's in the house

I Root For: Mustard Buzzards
everyone should be scared shitless....

it's defines the battle of sig lines 1b) vs. 1c) and #DJTexperiment
10-20-2020 08:47 AM
stinkfist Online

(10-20-2020 08:35 AM)Bear Catlett Wrote:  I know this is a rhetorical question, but I keep asking myself this in my head...

I went to HS and college in the Reagan/Bush 41 years. I remember a kid wearing a Dukakis shirt to class once... in college... and we all made fun of him. He was an outlier.

I mean, I've always said the country started to go downhill when the Clinton machine took power, but I just looked at it as a blip on the screen when George W got in for 8 years.

So these people have all basically mutated since Obama. Hmm... I guess I just answered my own question.

LBJ's great society...that's when it started...
10-20-2020 08:48 AM
Advertisement

UofMstateU Offline
Legend

I Root For: Memphis
This is what happens when you create a DC and put everything there. Bust it up.
10-20-2020 08:51 AM
stinkfist Online

(10-20-2020 08:51 AM)UofMstateU Wrote:  This is what happens when you create a DC and put everything there. Bust it up.

w/o question....toss in term limits and lobbyist reform, and maybe, just maybe, you'll witness REALTIME education/tax/health reform...

#notholdingbreath
(This post was last modified: 10-20-2020 08:57 AM by stinkfist.)
10-20-2020 08:56 AM
BartlettTigerFan Offline
Have gun Will travel

I Root For: Freedom
"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants" - Thomas Jefferson
10-20-2020 08:59 AM
MemTigers1998 Online
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Memphis
The fake news is also pushing the "return to normalcy" narrative when its the dumb azz Dem govs who have been the wannabe authoritarian dictators with their ridiculous lockdowns and mask mandates. I'm just so ready for the red states to split from the blues and be done with it. They don't share the same values or live the way we do and neither side cares to be like the other.
10-20-2020 09:21 AM
ECUGrad07 Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: ECU
I asked my mom (she is 65) if she can ever remember a time in her life that was as insane as this... she said that she can't, and that not even the Vietnam protests and propaganda compared to what we see today. She's not a political person, either.
10-20-2020 09:24 AM
Advertisement

bullet Offline
Legend

I Root For: Texas, UK, UGA
(10-20-2020 08:16 AM)banker Wrote:  I have always thought of politicians as people who can make things slightly easier or harder in my life, but largely inconsequential to my success and happiness. That really changed last night as I flipped around TV.

What I saw last night was brazen destruction of the systems that hold this country together. I saw a reality where major forces are working in unison to make politics the most important thing in my, and everyone’s, life. That actually scares me.

What did I see? I saw news anchors on major networks and their talking head guests repeatedly give the same lie as news. The Hunter Biden emails are a debunked piece of Russian propaganda. The FBI is investigating this as Russian interference. It’s a plot between Putin and Trump.

They offer no commentary on who has debunked this, they offer no confirmation of the fbi investigation and they offer no information as to how they determined the Putin plot. I even saw a Biden surrogate refuse to say the emails were fake when asked and watched the interviewer gloss over that. I watched it he press laugh at one of their own when the poor reporter actually tried to ask Biden about the emails as he ignored the question, turned and walked away.

First, just how stupid and blinded by hate do people have to be to really believe Russia x3 again after the 3 year lie of the last time they used it for that was just six months ago?

Then you have all this debate commission stuff - changing the focus of the debate, adding mute to the mics, all last minute, unilaterally, and with a moderator who is a democrat from a large donor democrat family.

Then you have the whole circular reference of Twitter banning content for the Democrats and then the Democrats using the fact that Twitter banned it as evidence that it must be bogus.

This is probably the most incoherent ramble I’ve ever put on a message board, but that’s just where I am at the moment. For 4’years they have thrown everything at Trump and now that they have sitting in front of them exactly what they accused Trump of being, they are either blind to it or simply don’t care. The list of projections by the left is staggering, from Hillary really being the Russian colluder, to Biden really being the QPQ guy.

Our country is in a really bad place right now and it’s because the swamp and elite know they are a Trump re-election away from losing their stronghold on the system. So they are not going to worry about hiding it now and the next two weeks are going to be the worst of it. If they can get Biden in they will simply write the narrative to mask what they did.

I agree with you. I felt the same way when the FBI allowed Hillary to destroy evidence and ignored actions that would get a normal person thrown in jail.

And this influence peddling, if it involved Joe Biden, is a far worse crime. US policy was being manipulated to protect and enrich Hunter Biden if not Joe.

And the media ignores it. The FBI has apparently ignored it for a year.

When supporting one of the two major party candidates is a hate crime, when expressing mainstream political opinions outside of the office gets you fired, when the organizations in the federal government are used against a party and against citizens who are not politically correct, when state governments set up election methods that are set up to make it easy for crooked people to committ fraud and when the media turns a blind eye to a mentally decrepit and totally corrupt candidate for president, there is a real problem.

I don't know if the mass of nonstop propaganda and massive corporate money will influence enough independents to support the Democratic party of totalitarianism or if enough will see through it. I personally don't know a single Republican who doesn't see through it. And most of my Republican friends are either mainstream Bush/Dole Republicans or conservative Cruz Republicans or Perot tea party Republicans. Almost none of them are true Trump believers. I'm not concerned about the Republican turnout. I know lots of liberal Democrats and they are kind of running low on adrenaline from 4 years of hate. Nobody particularly likes Biden, so there enthusiasm is not as high as 2 or 4 years ago. They haven't been red pilled, but they aren't as enthused. But I just don't know how the middle will vote.
10-20-2020 09:35 AM
Crebman Offline
Heisman

I Root For:
This is largely where I am as well. The level of coordination between the Washington alphabet agencies, the mainstream media, social media tech giants and the Democrat party is astounding and I think it’s all to hide an incredible amount of corruption and other, even worse illegal activities.
The Republicans are largely just sitting back and allowing all of it to happen because they too are dirty.

My suspicion is that the “high-ups” in all of those groups are aware of what has been going on and they are all colluding to keep it hidden.

NONE of what’s occurring is for the good of the American people........it’s all to keep these groups entrenched in power. I’m really more and more convinced that we the people will have to try and take our country back and it will require a significant amount of blood in the streets to either prevail or we become a totalitarian state.

I fear for my country.........

Oh yeah, I’m also all but convinced of a coordinated attempt by the left to outright cheat in the election by stuffing the ballot boxes in the battleground states - Pennsylvania in particular right now....
(This post was last modified: 10-20-2020 09:39 AM by Crebman.)
10-20-2020 09:35 AM
bullet Offline
Legend

(10-20-2020 08:35 AM)Bear Catlett Wrote:  I know this is a rhetorical question, but I keep asking myself this in my head...

1. The country is more heavily minority. The Black % is about the same and they are 90+% Democrat. Hispanics are now the 2nd largest minority and they are 2/3 Democrat. That could change. Asians have increased dramatically and also skew Democratic. I've seen the white population is only half the school age population. In Georgia, for example, the white population votes 72-75% Republican. The Blacks are 95% Democratic.

2. While professionals were overwhelmingly Republican, we have the tech field which has become somewhat Democrat. Maybe its the creative end. You still rarely see non-minority Democratic accountants or engineers. And you have always seen lots of Democratic social workers, nurses and teachers.

3. Millenials and Gen Xers are more heavily one party-Democrat, than any generation since FDR. They came of age during the endless wars and the 2008 recession. They faced the inconveniences that terrorist attacks brought. They came of age with many more people getting college degrees that had no market value. And that after the 90s under Clinton when the economy was pretty good. And they were buried under a media that started abandoning any pretense of objectivity. So they turned against George W. Bush and the Republicans, just as the generation that came of age during the Reagan years following the Carter disaster were the most Republican generation in the last 100 years. Also the Millenials and Gen Xers are the most pampered, spoiled, privileged generation in history. They have no memory of the Cold War. They certainly have no memory of fallout drills and the belief that the world would destroy itself in a nuclear war.

The hope I see is in Gen Z. Many of them, even liberals, see the insanity of the Millenials and Xers and see through the media.
10-20-2020 09:50 AM
bullet Offline
Legend

(10-20-2020 09:35 AM)Crebman Wrote:  This is largely where I am as well. The level of coordination between the Washington alphabet agencies, the mainstream media, social media tech giants and the Democrat party is astounding and I think it’s all to hide an incredible amount of corruption and other, even worse illegal activities.
The Republicans are largely just sitting back and allowing all of it to happen because they too are dirty.

My suspicion is that the “high-ups” in all of those groups are aware of what has been going on and they are all colluding to keep it hidden.

NONE of what’s occurring is for the good of the American people........it’s all to keep these groups entrenched in power. I’m really more and more convinced that we the people will have to try and take our country back and it will require a significant amount of blood in the streets to either prevail or we become a totalitarian state.

I fear for my country.........

Oh yeah, I’m also all but convinced of a coordinated attempt by the left to outright cheat in the election by stuffing the ballot boxes in the battleground states - Pennsylvania in particular right now....

Did you read Trafalgar's piece? He thinks Trump will win and has the advantage in Pennsylvania, but he suspects the Democrats will steal PA, so he will have to get his votes in AZ, MI and WI.
10-20-2020 09:53 AM
bobdizole Offline
All American

I Root For: MT
(10-20-2020 09:50 AM)bullet Wrote:  

1. The country is more heavily minority. The Black % is about the same and they are 90+% Democrat. Hispanics are now the 2nd largest minority and they are 2/3 Democrat. That could change. Asians have increased dramatically and also skew Democratic. I've seen the white population is only half the school age population. In Georgia, for example, the white population votes 72-75% Republican. The Blacks are 95% Democratic.

2. While professionals were overwhelmingly Republican, we have the tech field which has become somewhat Democrat. Maybe its the creative end. You still rarely see non-minority Democratic accountants or engineers. And you have always seen lots of Democratic social workers, nurses and teachers.

3. Millenials and Gen Xers are more heavily one party-Democrat, than any generation since FDR. They came of age during the endless wars and the 2008 recession. They faced the inconveniences that terrorist attacks brought. They came of age with many more people getting college degrees that had no market value. And that after the 90s under Clinton when the economy was pretty good. And they were buried under a media that started abandoning any pretense of objectivity. So they turned against George W. Bush and the Republicans, just as the generation that came of age during the Reagan years following the Carter disaster were the most Republican generation in the last 100 years. Also the Millenials and Gen Xers are the most pampered, spoiled, privileged generation in history. They have no memory of the Cold War. They certainly have no memory of fallout drills and the belief that the world would destroy itself in a nuclear war.

The hope I see is in Gen Z. Many of them, even liberals, see the insanity of the Millenials and Xers and see through the media.

That is a major factor I think
10-20-2020 09:58 AM
Advertisement

banker Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Marshall
The only way Trump wins PA is to get 50.01% of registered voters. Not votes, but voters. It would be hard for them to stuff the boxes to a number higher than the registered voter total.

My only hope for this nation is a Trump blow out win that nobody sees coming coupled with gains in the Senate and House. Essentially a rejection of the left by the people. If that happens then Trump has the capital to go after big tech and the deep state by cleaning out the power structure behind the executive branch that has usurped his authority.
10-20-2020 10:06 AM
No Bull Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: UCF
I support Trump because he is an outsider. I support Republican ideals. However the Republican Party is not perfect.

This nation needs a viable third party to balance things out. Big tech monopolies should be smashed into a thousand pieces.

Our Universities need to have more conservative voices and more free speech.

Our nation should be focused on outside manipulation of social media platforms by enemies of the USA

Soros funding of terrorist groups must be shut off

Antifa BLM terrorists must be prosecuted.

Independent honest media encouraged
10-20-2020 10:11 AM
memtigbb Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: memphis
as long as we are screaming and fighting each other, no one is looking at them.

Middle-east has been using this tactic on their people for 1000s of years.
10-20-2020 10:21 AM
Bronco'14 Offline
WMU

I Root For: WMU Broncos
(10-20-2020 09:58 AM)bobdizole Wrote:  
(10-20-2020 09:50 AM)bullet Wrote:  

That is a major factor I think
As a millennial, I can confirm Point 3. That's what I noticed. In my own words:

They were too young to understand politics during Clinton, but were told by older brothers/sisters how great he was. They first started understanding politics under W Bush. Hated the wars. Hated legislation like the Patriot Act. Their teachers laughed at No Child Left Behind to them. The Recession made it worse. That turned them from the GOP. They remembered what they were told about & Bill Clinton, Obama promised hope & change, first black president,& that's what cemented them to the D's.

I had never really made the connection w/ the over saturation of college degrees. I think it's as much the colleges spewing to them, more or less, how the GOP is evil. If anything, the over saturation of college degrees moved them from moderate left to Far Left
(This post was last modified: 10-20-2020 10:23 AM by Bronco'14.)
10-20-2020 10:21 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.