Open TigerLinks

ESPN Top Newcomers for 2020-21 Season
Bookmark and Share
k2tigers Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Memphis
Donators
MyBB ESPN Top Newcomers for 2020-21 Season
includes freshmen and transfers.....nice pub for the Tigers with 2 of the Top 25

https://www.espn.com/mens-college-basket...ms-2020-21
10-19-2020 01:32 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

macgar32 Offline
Legend

RE: ESPN Top Newcomers for 2020-21 Season
Good Article...Thanks

Even says we would have 3 in the the list of Williams is approved.
10-19-2020 04:33 PM
k2tigers Offline
Hall of Famer

Donators
Borzello may start a necessary trend. With Covid, the glutton of transfers nowadays, plus the non- sit out rule for next year, there is no reason why these "recruiting" rankings should not include ALL newcomers to a team --- HS, Juco and transfers.

Something 247, Rivals and ESPN should all do. Penny put the time and effort into recruiting Nolley and D.Williams. Plus he had to compete with other high majors in a much shortened time.
10-19-2020 05:58 PM
Advertisement

Stammers Offline
Legend

(10-19-2020 05:58 PM)k2tigers Wrote:  Borzello may start a necessary trend. With Covid, the glutton of transfers nowadays, plus the non- sit out rule for next year, there is no reason why these "recruiting" rankings should not include ALL newcomers to a team --- HS, Juco and transfers.

Something 247, Rivals and ESPN should all do. Penny put the time and effort into recruiting Nolley and D.Williams. Plus he had to compete with other high majors in a much shortened time.

It makes perfect sense, but there is no money in it for the guys that run the recruiting sites. You would have to think that Nolley and Williams would be 5 star recruits or close to it, when you factor in what they have accomplished at the D1 level already.
10-19-2020 08:14 PM
micman Online
1st String

I Root For: Memphis/GT
(10-19-2020 08:14 PM)Stammers Wrote:  
(10-19-2020 05:58 PM)k2tigers Wrote:  Borzello may start a necessary trend. With Covid, the glutton of transfers nowadays, plus the non- sit out rule for next year, there is no reason why these "recruiting" rankings should not include ALL newcomers to a team --- HS, Juco and transfers.

It makes perfect sense, but there is no money in it for the guys that run the recruiting sites. You would have to think that Nolley and Williams would be 5 star recruits or close to it, when you factor in what they have accomplished at the D1 level already.

Where do they get their money now? Fans only? Or do coaches subscribe to their stuff, too?
10-19-2020 11:10 PM
Stammers Offline
Legend

(10-19-2020 11:10 PM)micman Wrote:  
(10-19-2020 08:14 PM)Stammers Wrote:  

Where do they get their money now? Fans only? Or do coaches subscribe to their stuff, too?

Maybe there are coaches that subscribe to some services, I had no idea. I would think that it is more likely that a coach trusts the owner or contributor of a service and deals with them one on one; leveraging shared info on both sides. In our case, depending on the coaching staff, there would be shared info that would help the coach as well as Brooks on his website or Easterwood on the radio.

Merrick would know better than anyone, I think at one time there were coaches that subscribed to Mid-South Hoops; which he ran with Easterwood. I think it is possible that way back in the beginning, that some coaches were paying for info with Clark Francis and Hoop Scoop.

I am pretty sure with Brooks and Pastner, that they would give each other info, but I am 100% sure that there was no exchange of money on either side.
10-20-2020 11:17 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.