Cincinnati Bearcats

Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Thread Closed 
Can someone please tell me what this is?
Bookmark and Share
rath v2.0 Offline
Wartime Consigliere

I Root For: Civil Disobedience

Donators
Can someone please tell me what this is?
I received this as a private message last night from some bloke called Loco Bearcat under the title “August Discussion.”

No idea if it s a joke of if some idiot has had a mental breakdown and I have an interwebs stalker.. If it’s not a joke, perhaps mods could have a quick word with him? I’ll send to GTS so that he can look into it. Disturbing on multiple levels.

Quote:You are a typical Internet/Keyboard tough guy! I bet you don't have the cojones to tell me to eff myself to my face. You and all the other Right Wing blowhards are a joke. I have talked with Alex Meacham and other former Bearcat Basketball and Football Players on Social Media, most of them are African American and they all agree that this Board is an absolute joke and that you all are mostly a bunch of White Flunkie Blowhards who are out of shape losers! You are a despicable person who acts tough however I bet that you are a Total Punk! Go F!!! yourself you Pedazo De Mierda!!!!!

10-13-2020 07:04 AM
Find all posts by this user
Advertisement

Banter Offline
1st String

I Root For: UC Bearcats
RE: Can someone please tell me what this is?
Seems like the type of thing you should have brought up to the mods in private. Posting it for all to see is the troll move though, so Kudos.

10-13-2020 07:08 AM
rath v2.0 Offline
Wartime Consigliere

Donators
Nope. That is disturbing enough that it probably needs to see the light of day.

Is there a guy on this board called Loco Bearcat? If so, I don’t believe I’ve noticed him.

(This post was last modified: 10-13-2020 07:15 AM by rath v2.0.)
10-13-2020 07:14 AM
ZCat Offline
1st String

I Root For: UC
(10-13-2020 07:14 AM)rath v2.0 Wrote:  Nope. That is disturbing enough that it probably needs to see the light of day.

Is there a guy on this board called Loco Bearcat? If so, I don’t believe I’ve noticed him.

You would have to go back and check but I’m pretty sure this is the guy that had the family members die from coronavirus. He brought up some issues and you responded and there was some back-and-forth.

10-13-2020 07:25 AM
Z-Fly Offline
1st String

I Root For: Cincinnati
I agree Rath, racism should be brought to light.

10-13-2020 07:27 AM
rath v2.0 Offline
Wartime Consigliere

Donators
Did anyone else get one of these? Mine was time stamped 1:48 am. Obviously some drunk, unhinged posting but I have no idea what happened to trigger him in my direction.

It’s really super waking up to open an unsolicited screed calling me a racist.

10-13-2020 07:31 AM
Advertisement

CliftonAve Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Jimmy Nippert
We have a pretty good balance of right wing and left wing blowhards on this board. Much more balanced than it has been in years past.

10-13-2020 07:38 AM
bearcatmark Online

I Root For: the Deliverator
(10-13-2020 07:38 AM)CliftonAve Wrote:  We have a pretty good balance of right wing and left wing blowhards on this board. Much more balanced than it has been in years past.

And of course neutral, fair, moderate blowhards like myself.

10-13-2020 07:46 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
rath v2.0 Offline
Wartime Consigliere

Donators
Someone tipped me off that he posted in that will there be a 2020 season thread right before he sent that to me. Posted something about how awful this board is. I have not been involved in that thread much recently if memory serves so I can’t comment on what cracked his eggs. This is a macabre puzzlement.

I did find it interesting that Alex Meecham hates all of us fat out of shape white folks over here, too. Lol

10-13-2020 07:47 AM
Banter Offline
1st String

The act is cute, but this is one of the least desturbing PM's I have ever seen. Really just seems like this is being posted to stir the pot, but pretty much what I expect from Bearcat Banter at this point.

10-13-2020 07:47 AM
rath v2.0 Offline
Wartime Consigliere

Donators
Not an act. Put me on ignore and quit opening the thread repeatedly. I’m a problem solver of the highest magnitude.

(This post was last modified: 10-13-2020 07:51 AM by rath v2.0.)
10-13-2020 07:49 AM
Advertisement

bearcatmark Online

I Root For: the Deliverator
(10-13-2020 07:25 AM)ZCat Wrote:  
(10-13-2020 07:14 AM)rath v2.0 Wrote:  Nope. That is disturbing enough that it probably needs to see the light of day.

You would have to go back and check but I’m pretty sure this is the guy that had the family members die from coronavirus. He brought up some issues and you responded and there was some back-and-forth.

He shared that he lost certain family members to covid in a post. Rath responded to the post with:

(08-11-2020 09:59 AM)rath v2.0 Wrote:  Child please.

Loco. Bwahahah!

I think rath was actually responding to some of the other stuff within that same post but I remember taking issue with the response at the time.

I wish this had been handled through dm with the mods. I'll reach out to the other mods regarding dm to rath. It does seem heat of the moment to me so I hope there won't be ongoing issues.

(This post was last modified: 10-13-2020 09:07 AM by bearcatmark.)
10-13-2020 07:53 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
rath v2.0 Offline
Wartime Consigliere

Donators
Was he the guy who said something about all the White people in the suburbs not having to worry about dying from Covid or something equally silly? I wasn’t laughing at the fact that he had a relative that was ill I was calling out the tired trope of race and class BS.

I don’t recall the entire exchange 2 months later, honestly.

I won’t tolerate being called a racist even in a PM. It will be called out publicly every time. And I’m not going to engage with him. Ignore function is a blessing.

10-13-2020 08:02 AM
natibeast21 Offline
Banned

I Root For: UC, Ohio State
Differing opinions is a good thing!

10-13-2020 08:56 AM
Loco Bearcat Offline
Special Teams

(10-13-2020 07:04 AM)rath v2.0 Wrote:  I received this as a private message last night from some bloke called Loco Bearcat under the title “August Discussion.”

No idea if it s a joke of if some idiot has had a mental breakdown and I have an interwebs stalker.. If it’s not a joke, perhaps mods could have a quick word with him? I’ll send to GTS so that he can look into it. Disturbing on multiple levels.

Quote:You are a typical Internet/Keyboard tough guy! I bet you don't have the cojones to tell me to eff myself to my face. You and all the other Right Wing blowhards are a joke. I have talked with Alex Meacham and other former Bearcat Basketball and Football Players on Social Media, most of them are African American and they all agree that this Board is an absolute joke and that you all are mostly a bunch of White Flunkie Blowhards who are out of shape losers! You are a despicable person who acts tough however I bet that you are a Total Punk! Go F!!! yourself you Pedazo De Mierda!!!!!

I meant to send this message to you back in August when you told me to go eff myself on Post 1901 of the Do you think there will be a 2020 College Football Season Thread. You and other posters post all kinds of xenophobic and racist crap on these threads and you belittle people who disagree with you. You have no clue on what Racism really is and I have been experiencing it my entire life. You truly are reprehensible and this board has become an utter disaster. I live out West and I don't have a lot of access to information on UC Athletics and I come here to get more info. I have received vicious and ugly Private Messages from some posters on here and I delete them, plus I don't repost them on open threads. Rath is a hypocrite who can dish out all kinds of abuse, like telling people to eff themselves and belittling them, yet he can't take it when people respond and challenge him!

10-13-2020 09:14 AM
Billy_Bearcat Offline
Hall of Famer

Donators
(10-13-2020 07:46 AM)bearcatmark Wrote:  
(10-13-2020 07:38 AM)CliftonAve Wrote:  We have a pretty good balance of right wing and left wing blowhards on this board. Much more balanced than it has been in years past.

And of course neutral, fair, moderate blowhards like myself.

You may have outdone yourself here, counselor!03-lmfao

10-13-2020 09:37 AM
Advertisement

dubcat14 Offline
1st String

I Root For: Cincinnati

10-13-2020 09:39 AM
MickMack Offline
All American

I Root For: UC!
Childish DM and equally childish response. The two of you may want to start asking the following question more often: “Is this how adults should behave?” It could do a world of good. Now, can we get this board back on track discussing all things Bearcats?

10-13-2020 09:41 AM
Bear Catlett Offline
Hall of Famer

The way I look at it, if you don't like what's said on this internet stuff, then leave.

Facebook got to be too unbearable for me, so I walked away and haven't missed it one iota.

I've grappled with many on here and don't care who they are or what they look like. But I always find it funny how the guy calling others racist is also the guy pointing out what color everyone is.

10-13-2020 10:15 AM
jarr Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Not "Not Duane"
The term "racist" unfortunately has been ruined, to the point it doesn't have an impact anymore. I see people calling others racist on the politics board in discussions that don't have anything to do with race. One of the incoming basketball players has openly stated he does not want anyone attending Bearcat basketball games if they support the police or the president. Most of this vitriol seems to be coming from only one side from what I can tell.

(This post was last modified: 10-13-2020 10:28 AM by jarr.)
10-13-2020 10:25 AM
Thread Closed 

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.