Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Post Reply 
UH Fans, How're You Feeling About BYU?
Author Message
SMUleopold Offline
1st String
*

Posts: 1,704
Joined: Jul 2009
Reputation: 125
I Root For: Guess, genius..
Location:
Post: #1
UH Fans, How're You Feeling About BYU?
It's the Red Coogs vs. the Blue Coogs! May the best Coogs win!

I genuinely want to watch you all pimp slap them across the room and am happy you got a game under your belt before playing - makes all the difference.

How are you feeling about this game? Did any of you watch them against UTSA - wasn't exactly domination of the Roadrunners....

Hope to hell to see you in the top 25 next week after your victory.
10-11-2020 11:55 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement


B easy Offline
1st String
*

Posts: 1,066
Joined: Nov 2010
Reputation: 65
I Root For: ECU
Location:
Post: #2
RE: UH Fans, How're You Feeling About BYU?
(10-11-2020 11:55 AM)SMUleopold Wrote:  It's the Red Coogs vs. the Blue Coogs! May the best Coogs win!

I genuinely want to watch you all pimp slap them across the room and am happy you got a game under your belt before playing - makes all the difference.

How are you feeling about this game? Did any of you watch them against UTSA - wasn't exactly domination of the Roadrunners....

Hope to hell to see you in the top 25 next week after your victory.

Really big game for AAC perception.
10-11-2020 11:57 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Attackcoog Offline
Moderator
*

Posts: 33,238
Joined: Oct 2011
Reputation: 1663
I Root For: Houston
Location:
Post: #3
RE: UH Fans, How're You Feeling About BYU?
We certainly cant spot BYU 14 easy peazy points and 4 or 5 turnovers and expect to win. We have a lot to clean up this week. I think we have a real shot if we can play cleaner.
10-11-2020 01:31 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
vcoog Offline
1st String
*

Posts: 1,769
Joined: Nov 2014
Reputation: 43
I Root For: UH
Location:
Post: #4
RE: UH Fans, How're You Feeling About BYU?
BYU isn’t favored because they are a name brand or because of preseason hype. They are favored because they have a team full of 25 year olds who can play, well disciplined, few mistakes, relentless football.

If BYU jumps ahead I think it’ll be a big challenge to catch up.

On the flip side, pure talent I think UH has that. But given its Houston’s 2nd game and 2nd year under dana I don’t think houston wins or even covers unless they play mistake free and connect on some explosive plays.

If they are able to get in open space and protect tune, protect the ball we can win but it won’t be easy. Glad it’s in houston
10-11-2020 02:01 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
pesik Online
Hall of Famer
*

Posts: 18,167
Joined: Jan 2014
Reputation: 448
I Root For: Houston
Location:
Post: #5
RE: UH Fans, How're You Feeling About BYU?
this game is huge for the conference

a win here and i think there's like a 85% chance the aac getting the NY6 regardless of who the champion is.. and that 15% is Ulala

a loss and we open the door MWC to come back in.. a byu win means they are likely a top 10 team when they play boise and sdsu (a game to jump rankings)..and any success houston has (if a mwc beats byu) will be used as a comparison point ..the aac is still likely the favorite, but a mwc path is created

as far as the game.. even before utsa, i thought byu was fools gold...in their "dominating" games.. byu was harassing qbs with 3 man rushes and putting 8 in coverage, i always thought they arent doing that against a big time team...byu has drastically outsized every team they've played to date (troy, utsa, navy and la tech) they dominated on both lines

the difference in the utsa game was that utsa Oline held up against the 3man, and byu had to bring 4-6 ..and that revealed their suspect pass defense without a million people in coverage
and they still havent even had a team really pressure their qb yet

itll be a battle of strength vs speed
10-11-2020 02:22 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
SMUleopold Offline
1st String
*

Posts: 1,704
Joined: Jul 2009
Reputation: 125
I Root For: Guess, genius..
Location:
Post: #6
RE: UH Fans, How're You Feeling About BYU?
(10-11-2020 01:31 PM)Attackcoog Wrote:  We certainly cant spot BYU 14 easy peazy points and 4 or 5 turnovers and expect to win. We have a lot to clean up this week. I think we have a real shot if we can play cleaner.

This is why it was so important to play a game before BYU; just look around the country at teams who played a game before their second opponent - I genuinely believe that's why the Sunbelt got those wins over Big XII teams. I was BEGGING to play TCU in our third game, which would have been TCU's opener, and they were without their starting QB the first half.

But having that one game behind you will make all the difference.

Quote:this game is huge for the conference

a win here and i think there's like a 85% chance the aac getting the NY6 regardless of who the champion is.. and that 15% is Ulala

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
10-11-2020 03:05 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement


vcoog Offline
1st String
*

Posts: 1,769
Joined: Nov 2014
Reputation: 43
I Root For: UH
Location:
Post: #7
RE: UH Fans, How're You Feeling About BYU?
BYU only 3 point favorites, good news from Vegas
10-11-2020 03:17 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
natibeast21 Offline
1st String
*

Posts: 1,979
Joined: Nov 2010
Reputation: 62
I Root For: UC, Ohio State
Location:
Post: #8
RE: UH Fans, How're You Feeling About BYU?
Go Houston!
10-11-2020 04:17 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
shere khan Offline
Legend
*

Posts: 43,822
Joined: Mar 2004
Reputation: 3828
I Root For: America
Location: Earth
Post: #9
RE: UH Fans, How're You Feeling About BYU?
Sweep the leg Houston
10-11-2020 04:25 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
I_LUV_MEMPHISTIGERS Offline
All American
*

Posts: 3,888
Joined: Nov 2013
Reputation: 193
I Root For: Memphis
Location: Memphis
Post: #10
RE: UH Fans, How're You Feeling About BYU?
Go for the knockout Houston!



10-11-2020 04:43 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Volkmar Offline
All American
*

Posts: 2,756
Joined: Jun 2013
Reputation: 155
I Root For: U.T.S.A.
Location: Richmond, Texas
Post: #11
RE: UH Fans, How're You Feeling About BYU?
(10-11-2020 11:55 AM)SMUleopold Wrote:  It's the Red Coogs vs. the Blue Coogs! May the best Coogs win!

I genuinely want to watch you all pimp slap them across the room and am happy you got a game under your belt before playing - makes all the difference.

How are you feeling about this game? Did any of you watch them against UTSA - wasn't exactly domination of the Roadrunners....

Hope to hell to see you in the top 25 next week after your victory.

Blue Cougs*

Washington State and BYU are Cougs.
10-11-2020 05:14 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement


WhoseHouse? Online
All American
*

Posts: 4,073
Joined: Dec 2015
Reputation: 183
I Root For: UH
Location:
Post: #12
RE: UH Fans, How're You Feeling About BYU?
Probably won't be a popular opinion on this board but BYU looks like the best team on our schedule. Can't afford to spot them 21 points off turnovers like we did with Tulane. They didn't look great against UTSA this week but they looked great in their previous three wins. BYU by 7 would be my prediction right now.
10-11-2020 05:57 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Acres Offline
Bench Warmer
*

Posts: 142
Joined: Nov 2015
Reputation: 6
I Root For: Houston
Location:
Post: #13
RE: UH Fans, How're You Feeling About BYU?
BYU on the road on a short week. Houston should win playing clean football. However, Houston tends to turnover the ball a couple of times and rack up penalties when playing a solid physical team like BYU, no offense to Tulane. I think our QB coughs it over enough to give BYU the win. Hope am wrong on this
10-11-2020 06:54 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
WhoseHouse? Online
All American
*

Posts: 4,073
Joined: Dec 2015
Reputation: 183
I Root For: UH
Location:
Post: #14
RE: UH Fans, How're You Feeling About BYU?
(10-11-2020 06:54 PM)Acres Wrote:  BYU on the road on a short week. Houston should win playing clean football. However, Houston tends to turnover the ball a couple of times and rack up penalties when playing a solid physical team like BYU, no offense to Tulane. I think our QB coughs it over enough to give BYU the win. Hope am wrong on this

Tulane is actually a pretty physical team. Their defensive front is strong and usually so is their run game. Where BYU will be for sure better is at the QB position and offensive line. It'll be interesting to see if we can get any penetration and pressure their QB.
10-11-2020 07:09 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
pesik Online
Hall of Famer
*

Posts: 18,167
Joined: Jan 2014
Reputation: 448
I Root For: Houston
Location:
Post: #15
RE: UH Fans, How're You Feeling About BYU?
(10-11-2020 05:57 PM)WhoseHouse? Wrote:  Probably won't be a popular opinion on this board but BYU looks like the best team on our schedule. Can't afford to spot them 21 points off turnovers like we did with Tulane. They didn't look great against UTSA this week but they looked great in their previous three wins. BYU by 7 would be my prediction right now.

byu isnt the best team on out schedule..i guess betting la tech, troy and utsa is al it takes to impress you, after coming off a 7-6 season
ucf, smu and memphis are still more worrisome to me
(This post was last modified: 10-11-2020 07:19 PM by pesik.)
10-11-2020 07:18 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
WhoseHouse? Online
All American
*

Posts: 4,073
Joined: Dec 2015
Reputation: 183
I Root For: UH
Location:
Post: #16
RE: UH Fans, How're You Feeling About BYU?
(10-11-2020 07:18 PM)pesik Wrote:  
(10-11-2020 05:57 PM)WhoseHouse? Wrote:  Probably won't be a popular opinion on this board but BYU looks like the best team on our schedule. Can't afford to spot them 21 points off turnovers like we did with Tulane. They didn't look great against UTSA this week but they looked great in their previous three wins. BYU by 7 would be my prediction right now.

byu isnt the best team on out schedule..i guess betting la tech, troy and utsa is al it takes to impress you, after coming off a 7-6 season
ucf, smu and memphis are still more worrisome to me

I wasn't saying those games don't worry me, but yah BYU looks more impressive so far. They destroyed Navy (whose 2-0 in conference), blew out Troy (2-1) and La Tech (3-1), and then looked meh against UTSA. UCF had two strong offensive showings but their D looks pretty meh (Tulsa put up 34 on them after barely moving the ball against Okst). SMU is 4-0 on a weaker schedule and hasn't looked as impressive in their wins. Memphis is 1-1 beating a pretty good Ark St. team and then losing to a good SMU team. So not much to go off of there.

I'm not saying those games won't be tests. In fact, I'm not overlooking anybody because I still have no clue how good we are, but based off of what I've seen yes BYU looks like the best team on our schedule. That said we play them at home, where as we play SMU, Memphis, and UC on the road so maybe all of those games will be tougher.
10-11-2020 07:35 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement


pesik Online
Hall of Famer
*

Posts: 18,167
Joined: Jan 2014
Reputation: 448
I Root For: Houston
Location:
Post: #17
RE: UH Fans, How're You Feeling About BYU?
navy hadnt tackled at all before their byu game...all of byu opponents wins have been bottom feeders
im surprised you are hyping byu from beating navy
but not impressed with smu beating memphis...

i watched all 4 byu games..i kid you not, in every game the announcers noted byu had an insane size advantage

i just watch from a systematic point, and i have a hard time seeing what they are doing working on any team with a recruiting prowess

[Image: r83P7p.gif]

[Image: 81Jpz3.gif]

they are terrorizing qbs with only bring 4 or less on a regular basis (even when they werent sacking, they were still pressuring the qb to make rushed passes)..that was the difference in the utsa game.. utsa's oline held up versus the 3/4 man rush..and the moment byu brought the regular 5/6, utsa start moving the ball on them. they announcers noted byu puts the self at risk whenever they bring 5 or more. their pass D on a man to man level isnt good.. they built a system to dominate the weak, but im honestly not as worried

if they start sacking us with 3man rushs we are in deep trouble...but im not that scared of them on O or D...Memphis/SMU/UCF all have suspect D.. they are almost all guaranteed to put 450+yards even if you have great D
10-11-2020 08:41 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Nameless Offline
1st String
*

Posts: 1,077
Joined: May 2019
Reputation: 102
I Root For: UConn
Location: CT - 203
Post: #18
RE: UH Fans, How're You Feeling About BYU?
(10-11-2020 11:57 AM)B easy Wrote:  
(10-11-2020 11:55 AM)SMUleopold Wrote:  It's the Red Coogs vs. the Blue Coogs! May the best Coogs win!

I genuinely want to watch you all pimp slap them across the room and am happy you got a game under your belt before playing - makes all the difference.

How are you feeling about this game? Did any of you watch them against UTSA - wasn't exactly domination of the Roadrunners....

Hope to hell to see you in the top 25 next week after your victory.

Really big game for AAC perception.

Yeah. With limited ooc opportunities this year playing a ranked 4-0 team is a huge game. I think UH could be ranked with a win. Plus, in terms of conference metrics it would help make up for BYU dismantling Navy earlier this year.
10-11-2020 08:52 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
WhoseHouse? Online
All American
*

Posts: 4,073
Joined: Dec 2015
Reputation: 183
I Root For: UH
Location:
Post: #19
RE: UH Fans, How're You Feeling About BYU?
Navy got beat by 50. No amount of tackling would've erased that deficit. La Tech routinely finishes as top team in C-USA, they were manhandled. Troy routinely finishes in the upper half of the Sun Belt, they got manhandled. UTSA looked pretty decent against BYU. Admittedly that was a surprise and perhaps they've given us a blue print for containing their offense. Worth noting though that UTSA and SMU share two wins. Diving into SMU more, I'm not hyping the Memphis win because I'm still not sure what that win means. I mean they squeaked out a 3 point win at home against a team that hadn't played in three weeks. I know Memphis is riding preseason hype, but they had a couple key pieces opt out of the season and Norvell isn't at the helm anymore. They looked ok against Ark St. and SMU but only came out of it 1-1. So I'm not sold on them being a contender yet.
(This post was last modified: 10-11-2020 08:58 PM by WhoseHouse?.)
10-11-2020 08:56 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
I_LUV_MEMPHISTIGERS Offline
All American
*

Posts: 3,888
Joined: Nov 2013
Reputation: 193
I Root For: Memphis
Location: Memphis
Post: #20
RE: UH Fans, How're You Feeling About BYU?
I wouldn't put any stock in this season. Too many variables. Just enjoy sports for what they are.
10-11-2020 09:53 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Post Reply 




User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)


Copyright © 2002-2020 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.
Powered By MyBB, © 2002-2020 MyBB Group.