Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Mock 2021 SEC Schedule
schmolik Offline
CSNBB's Big 10 Cheerleader

I Root For: UIUC, PSU, Nova
Mock 2021 SEC Schedule
I tried putting together a mock 2021 schedule around the currently scheduled games at FBschedules. Here's Alabama's home and away, including currently scheduled games (https://fbschedules.com/ncaa-2021/team/alabama).

For reference, here's the Big Ten's 2021 schedule:

https://bigten.org/documents/2018/6/7/20...hedule.pdf

Alabama still has to schedule Mercer and Tennessee still has to schedule a non conference game.

I wanted to schedule Alabama at Florida in November but Florida and Alabama were booked on November 13, November 6 is the week after Florida/Georgia so Florida would have to play Georgia and Alabama back to back weeks, and November 20 is the week before the Iron Bowl so Alabama would have to play Florida and Alabama back to back. If November 13 were available, I would've scheduled Florida and Alabama that date. Stupid Samford/New Mexico State! I settled on October. It's pretty early (October 2) but better than September (the original date for Georgia-Alabama would have been September 19). I also wanted to spread it apart from Tennessee and October 9 will probably be Oklahoma/Texas. I tried to spread most of the big games so CBS will have a good game most weeks.

Tennessee has to play three weeks in a row on the road. I tried to fix it but couldn't without someone else getting three weeks in a row on the road. If anyone else wants to take a stab at it, go ahead.

Attached File(s)
.pdf  SEC 2021.pdf (Size: 138.36 KB / Downloads: 6)
10-07-2020 08:27 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

schmolik Offline

RE: Mock 2021 SEC Schedule
I was discussing SEC games on ESPN+ when I saw Alabama had scheduled its Mercer game and screwed up this mock schedule. Alabama is playing Mercer on November 20. Now their November schedule has New Mexico State, one of the worst FBS teams in the country, and an FCS team, in back to back weeks. Just what I want to see. Now they need to schedule at least one conference game in September, either on Sept. 11 or Sept. 18. Obviously they aren't going to schedule Auburn or Tennessee either of those weeks. Ideally you'd schedule one of the SEC cupcakes like the Arkansas team 'Bama beat 52-3 yesterday or one of the Mississippi schools. All three schools are booked Sept. 11 and 18. So Alabama has to play an important SEC conference game in September and it won't be LSU or Texas A&M because they're both booked Sept. 11/18 as well. Guess who's the only other team Alabama plays that's open on either of those dates? The team Alabama's playing in the SEC Championship next Saturday, the team Alabama only plays about once every 6 years, arguably the biggest SEC game of the year and it's going to have to be played in September (has to be Sept. 18 since Florida's playing USF Sept. 11). Instead of playing in November where both teams could be 8-0 or 9-0 it's going to be so early and I won't even be into football yet and might still be watching the Phillies (they don't usually get eliminated by the 18th). The Game of the Year in the conference shouldn't be wasted in September so Alabama can play FCS crap in November. And ABC paid over $300 million for this?
12-13-2020 09:12 AM
Fighting Muskie Offline
Senior Chief Realignmentologist

I Root For: Ohio St, UC,MAC
I think the P5 commissioners need to have a conference and make a plan for 2021 collectively.

I think the goal should be to start in week 0 and for each conference to play 10 conference games (9 if you’re the Big 12). OOC games can be scheduled if/when there’s an event that a conference game needs postponed and another conference game can’t be slotted for the week.
12-13-2020 03:04 PM
Crayton Offline
All American

I Root For: Florida
They won't make a decision on altering the current 2021 schedule until Summer. Unless there is an unexpected development, all conferences should be in for 10-12 games. Most likely they'll try and utilize week 0, and will have a backup plan of pushing the CCGs to the second December Saturday.
(This post was last modified: 12-17-2020 12:39 PM by Crayton.)
12-17-2020 12:33 PM
AllTideUp Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Alabama
(12-13-2020 03:04 PM)Fighting Muskie Wrote:  I think the P5 commissioners need to have a conference and make a plan for 2021 collectively.

I think the goal should be to start in week 0 and for each conference to play 10 conference games (9 if you’re the Big 12). OOC games can be scheduled if/when there’s an event that a conference game needs postponed and another conference game can’t be slotted for the week.

Maybe I'm wrong, but I don't see Warren and Scott cooperating to that level.

They had to backtrack on this season, but they might very well decide to set the pace again next year.
12-17-2020 02:29 PM
Advertisement

schmolik Offline

SEC Update with Alabama playing Mercer on Nov. 20 (sigh!)

I have three teams playing three consecutive road games (Florida has three in three consecutive weeks, LSU and Mississippi State three in four weeks with a bye week in the middle). I'll see if I can change that. If you can figure out with minor changes, please let me know.

Attached File(s)
.pdf  SEC 2021 12_29_20.pdf (Size: 137.41 KB / Downloads: 0)
12-29-2020 03:55 PM
Statefan Offline
Banned

I Root For: .
(12-17-2020 12:33 PM)Crayton Wrote:  They won't make a decision on altering the current 2021 schedule until Summer. Unless there is an unexpected development, all conferences should be in for 10-12 games. Most likely they'll try and utilize week 0, and will have a backup plan of pushing the CCGs to the second December Saturday.

You aren't expecting Covid 19 to still be a problem by August of 2021 are you?
12-29-2020 04:13 PM
Kaplony Offline
Palmetto State Deplorable

I Root For: Newberry
(12-13-2020 03:04 PM)Fighting Muskie Wrote:  I think the P5 commissioners need to have a conference and make a plan for 2021 collectively.

Pretty sure that horse left the barn back in the summer when everyone decided to do their own thing and to hell with the rest. The ACC is pissed at the SEC for dropping the agreed upon one OOC game, and everyone besides the sheep on the west coast are pissed at the Big Slow for not only their antics preseason and then the mid season about face, but the sudden rule change to put Ohio State in the Big Slow Championship. Warren & co have shown that the Big Slow simply cannot be a trusted partner. I highly doubt there will be any cooperation between anyone and the Big Slow except for their lapdog out west.
12-29-2020 05:10 PM
cubucks Offline
All American

I Root For: tOSU/UNL/Ohio
(12-29-2020 05:10 PM)Kaplony Wrote:  

Pretty sure that horse left the barn back in the summer when everyone decided to do their own thing and to hell with the rest. The ACC is pissed at the SEC for dropping the agreed upon one OOC game, and everyone besides the sheep on the west coast are pissed at the Big Slow for not only their antics preseason and then the mid season about face, but the sudden rule change to put Ohio State in the Big Slow Championship. Warren & co have shown that the Big Slow simply cannot be a trusted partner. I highly doubt there will be any cooperation between anyone and the Big Slow except for their lapdog out west.
Continuing to repeat yourself, an early sign of dementia.
12-29-2020 06:07 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.