Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

The Polls
GoOwls111 Offline
Heisman

I Root For: No CFP BIAS
The Polls
This **** needs to stop... Beg 10 plays in 2 weeks (So rank them next week),the PAC $sucks and they don't play until Nov 9th (So rank them starting Nov 2nd)...

What an FIICKING joke with these polls, this season proves, more than ever that these guys are clueless, name recognition is all they know about.
09-27-2020 09:15 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

GoOwls111 Offline
Heisman

RE: The Polls
... and to AAC posturers on this board, BYU is not P5 or even just AQ, they may barely be P6 by the time they finally rejoin a conference.
09-27-2020 09:18 PM
Hokie Mark Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: VT, ACC teams
Exclamation RE: The Polls
I feel your pain. Virginia Tech won by 3 touchdowns and STILL dropped out of the top 25 - yet there are SIX teams ranked who don't have a single win (including LSU which is now 0-1)...
03-banghead
09-27-2020 09:42 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
WhoseHouse? Offline
Heisman

I Root For: UH
(09-27-2020 09:15 PM)GoOwls111 Wrote:  This **** needs to stop... Beg 10 plays in 2 weeks (So rank them next week),the PAC $sucks and they don't play until Nov 9th (So rank them starting Nov 2nd)...

What an FIICKING joke with these polls, this season proves, more than ever that these guys are clueless, name recognition is all they know about.

Only Pac team ranked is Oregon which doesn't really bother me. I think I'm more bothered by OU and LSU in the rankings after how bad they looked this weekend.
09-27-2020 11:07 PM
otown Offline
All American

I Root For: Florida
Call me a little surprised at the UCF respect. They were the only team outside the power conferences that improved their ranking even though they played ECU. However, this may only be a product of some AP writers taking a stand and still not voting on teams that have not played yet.
(This post was last modified: 09-28-2020 07:02 AM by otown.)
09-28-2020 07:01 AM
Advertisement

ArmoredUpKnight Offline
Heisman

I Root For: UCF Knights
It will work itself out with more games played. I like that the media is pushing for an expanded playoff because this season in particular is very subjective.
09-28-2020 07:02 AM
Bill83 Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Megyn Kelly

Donators
(09-28-2020 07:01 AM)otown Wrote:  Call me a little surprised at the UCF respect. They were the only team outside the power conferences that improved their ranking even though they played ECU. However, this may only be a product of some AP writers taking a stand and still not voting on teams that have not played yet.

I watched parts of two UCF games and they are impressive.
Cincy looks good but not impressive (imho).
09-28-2020 11:24 AM
AusTxPony Offline
1st String

I Root For: SMU
UCF does look like the class of the conference. Cincinnati defense looks legit, but offense is questionable at this point. Memphis v SMU should tell us something about those two this weekend.
09-28-2020 11:51 AM
robertfoshizzle Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Cincinnati
(09-28-2020 11:51 AM)AusTxPony Wrote:  UCF does look like the class of the conference. Cincinnati defense looks legit, but offense is questionable at this point. Memphis v SMU should tell us something about those two this weekend.

We aren't beating UCF in Orlando unless Ridder magically improves his accuracy or the staff pulls him and puts Ben Bryant in.
09-28-2020 11:53 AM
Advertisement

robertfoshizzle Offline
Heisman

Also, Texas at #9 is a joke. UCF would beat them easily, and Cincinnati, Memphis, and SMU would be toss-ups in my opinion.
09-28-2020 02:43 PM
BearcatJerry Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: UC Bearcats
(09-28-2020 02:43 PM)robertfoshizzle Wrote:  Also, Texas at #9 is a joke. UCF would beat them easily, and Cincinnati, Memphis, and SMU would be toss-ups in my opinion.

Well, the supposed "Law of Transitivity" would say:
Texas Tech barely beat Houston Baptist (FCS), and,
Texas barely beat Texas Tech, therefore,
Texas would barely beat Houston Baptist (FCS).

And given the fact that UC, Memphis, and SMU would probably beat Houston Baptist with ease, I'd have to say that we'd be more than "toss ups" with Texas...

Just sayin'...
09-28-2020 02:54 PM
BearcatJerry Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: UC Bearcats
(09-28-2020 02:54 PM)BearcatJerry Wrote:  
(09-28-2020 02:43 PM)robertfoshizzle Wrote:  Also, Texas at #9 is a joke. UCF would beat them easily, and Cincinnati, Memphis, and SMU would be toss-ups in my opinion.

And given the fact that UC, Memphis, and SMU would probably beat Houston Baptist with ease, I'd have to say that we'd be more than "toss ups" with Texas...

Just sayin'...

Of course, this logic would also end up with witches weighing the same as a duck...
09-28-2020 02:55 PM
robertfoshizzle Offline
Heisman

Just sayin'...

I don't mean to knock our beloved Bearcats. But I do think Texas is a "good team." Just not top ten good. UCF is top ten good, in my opinion. Given our offensive limitations, I don't believe we are a top ten team... I think our ranking is about right.
09-28-2020 04:03 PM
Advertisement

Edgebrookjeff Offline
1st String

I Root For: bearcats
(09-28-2020 04:03 PM)robertfoshizzle Wrote:  

Just sayin'...

I don't mean to knock our beloved Bearcats. But I do think Texas is a "good team." Just not top ten good. UCF is top ten good, in my opinion. Given our offensive limitations, I don't believe we are a top ten team... I think our ranking is about right.

After what happened 2 years ago with UCF, I don't believe any team from the AAC will make it into the top 10 in the polls. The P5 bias is too strong and the media supports it. The P5 was created to keep out any teams that aren't invited to the party.

Once the BIG10 and the PAC12 start playing, undefeated teams from those conferences will be put in the top 10 and AAC teams will get squeezed down into the bottom of the top 20. If Mississippi State wins another game, or Wisconson or Oregon play a game or 2 and win, they'll be ordained top 10 teams.
09-29-2020 01:39 AM
sierrajip Offline
Heisman

I Root For: UCF

Better point is UT should have lost. TTU gave them that game.
09-29-2020 03:20 AM
GoOwls111 Offline
Heisman

Just sayin'...

Truly believe that any of our top 5 can and would beat Texas.
09-29-2020 05:23 AM
GoOwls111 Offline
Heisman

(09-28-2020 04:03 PM)robertfoshizzle Wrote:  

Just sayin'...

Even though UC will only be as good as Ritter will be (Not top ten after November, in my opinion) I certainly think that they should be top ten as of today... don't think that teams that won't play their fist game until 3 to 6 weeks from now should be in the polls yet.
09-29-2020 05:33 AM
jedclampett Offline
All American

I Root For: Temple
(09-28-2020 02:43 PM)robertfoshizzle Wrote:  .

Also, Texas at #9 is a joke. UCF would beat them easily, and Cincinnati, Memphis, and SMU would be toss-ups in my opinion.

You know....after reflecting on those words for 24 hours, what you said about Texas kept popping back into my consciousness, and I've got to say that... I love it!

It's not whether Texas is actually a joke or not, or whether these AAC teams could go toe to toe with them....no.....

...what is wonderful about what you wrote was that this is the first time that an AAC fan can feel free to just say what he feels, even if it's that "Texas at #9 is a joke," and that "UCF would beat them easily."

No one has challenged your sanity for writing that, and no one has even challenged you, because the truth is that Texas at #9 might actually be a joke, and UCF might be able to beat them easily....

.....and there's something incredibly wonderful about that!
09-29-2020 06:18 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.