Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Alyssa Milano, who wanted to remove 90% of LAPD funding, calls police
Kaplony Offline
Palmetto State Deplorable

I Root For: Newberry
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article...g-911.html

Quote:Actress and 'Defund the police' activist Alyssa Milano was quick to call cops when she believed an armed gunman was on her Bell Canyon property on Sunday morning.

The call ignited a response that included seven Ventura County Sheriffs' vehicles, one K-9 unit, a police helicopter and one Los Angeles Fire Department team that sat down the street on standby.

Quote:Alyssa and her talent agent husband Dave Bugliari, 39, they said, had dialed 911 when they heard what they believed to be gunshots on their 1.39-acre property.

They allegedly told the emergency hotline the sound 'scared their dogs' and made them feel like the gunman was nearby.

A description was given of a suspect to the officers who was 'male, 40-years old, with long rifle'.

Quote:The search by air and street level lasted over three hours and ended abruptly at 12.20pm.

It turned out it was a neighborhood teen with an air gun shooting at squirrels,' a resident told the DailyMail.com.

The male teenager witnessed the emergency response and later realized he was the cause and turned himself in.

Quote:In July, the left leaning activist Alyssa tweeted out to her 3.7 million followers a link, urging them to sign the 'People's Budget L.A.' that demands a 90 percent reduction in police funding.

She tweeted: 'What is the Los Angeles Police Protective League? @LAPPL is a narrow special interest group that lobbies our politicians to protect the LAPD budget, pension + officers. But electeds (sic) need to #ProtectPeopleNot Police. Sign the #People'sBudgetLA petition.'

Then in August she tweeted simply, '#DefundThePolice'.

Quote:This tweet appears to be at direct odds with her actions on Sunday, September 20.

One neighbor says, 'She can tweet those things because at the end of the day she lives behind gates in a gated community. She knows the police will come to save her. But what about all those people who don't have that luxury and live in unsafe neighborhoods? She obviously doesn't care.
09-23-2020 12:51 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

gdunn Offline
Repping E-Gang Colors

I Root For: Southern Miss

Survivor Champion
RE: Alyssa Milano, who wanted to remove 90% of LAPD funding, calls police
Give her an Emmy.
09-23-2020 12:53 PM
domer1978 Offline
All American

I Root For: Notre Dame/Chaos
She is the worse type of person.
09-23-2020 12:55 PM
Redwingtom Offline
Progressive filth

I Root For: B-G-S-U !!!!
Just to remind you again, defund the police is not talking about taking away police functions like responding to gun shots. 03-zzz
09-23-2020 12:57 PM
Jugnaut Offline
Heisman

I Root For: UCF
(09-23-2020 12:57 PM)Redwingtom Wrote:  Just to remind you again, defund the police is not talking about taking away police functions like responding to gun shots. 03-zzz

That may not be their intent, but that is the practical effect of it. When you lower the number of police, you lower the number of calls they can respond to.
09-23-2020 12:58 PM
gdunn Offline
Repping E-Gang Colors

Survivor Champion
(09-23-2020 12:58 PM)Jugnaut Wrote:  
(09-23-2020 12:57 PM)Redwingtom Wrote:  Just to remind you again, defund the police is not talking about taking away police functions like responding to gun shots. 03-zzz

That may not be their intent, but that is the practical effect of it. When you lower the number of police, you lower the number of calls they can respond to.

So who do you go defend, the rich actress who called for your death or the poor guy who supports you...
09-23-2020 01:00 PM
Advertisement

Kaplony Offline
Palmetto State Deplorable

I Root For: Newberry

Just to remind you, someone who calls for the removal of 90% of funding from police just wasted likely tens of thousands of that funding because of a kid squirrel hunting with a BB gun.
09-23-2020 01:00 PM
gdunn Offline
Repping E-Gang Colors

Survivor Champion
(09-23-2020 01:00 PM)Kaplony Wrote:  

Just to remind you, someone who calls for the removal of 90% of funding from police just wasted likely tens of thousands of that funding because of a kid squirrel hunting with a BB gun.

It's a man in his 40s with a long rifle.. We heard a gunshot.

You heard d*ck. Pellet guns don't make a sound you feckless c*nt.
09-23-2020 01:01 PM
vandiver49 Offline
Heisman

I Root For: USNA/UTK

Then call it something more aligned with what is desired.
09-23-2020 01:03 PM
JRsec Offline
Super Moderator

I Root For: SEC
She's either a histrionic liar or a complete liar. Nobody mistakes he sound of an air rifle for an actual gunshot. I believe her dogs just barked and she made up the rest when maybe they saw the shadow of the teen with an air rifle.
09-23-2020 01:03 PM
JMUDunk Offline
Rootin' fer Dukes, bud

I Root For: Freedom
Lol

You don’t think a 90% cut is going to affect the ability to respond to EVERY kind of call?

You’re certifiable
09-23-2020 01:04 PM
Advertisement

200yrs2late Offline
Resident Parrothead

I Root For: East Carolina
Never heard an air rifle actually sound like gunfire. Scared her dogs? Husband and her heard the sound from inside?

Me thinks she greatly exaggerated details.
09-23-2020 01:06 PM
JMUDunk Offline
Rootin' fer Dukes, bud

I Root For: Freedom
(09-23-2020 01:00 PM)Kaplony Wrote:  

Wouldn’t reporting “gunshots” when the kid had a BB gun be filing a false report?

You couldn’t hear a BB gun in your own backyard if the windows are closed. LAPD need to send a big azz invoice to these two clowns.
09-23-2020 01:07 PM
Eldonabe Offline
No More Wire Hangars!

I Root For: All but Uconn

Simple question Red - if you are asking to remove 90% of their funding, exactly what kind of police services do you expect to go unaffected?

I assume that you will come up with a very long list of "status quo" functions, so take your time compiling it.
09-23-2020 01:14 PM
VA49er Offline
Legend

I Root For: Charlotte

That's not the point and you know it. Less funding equals less police equals less/longer response time. Doesnt' matter the type of incident.
09-23-2020 01:49 PM
Eagleaidaholic Offline
Hall of Famer

I'd still bang her. Crazy or not.02-13-banana
09-23-2020 01:51 PM
Advertisement

Redwingtom Offline
Progressive filth

(09-23-2020 12:58 PM)Jugnaut Wrote:  

But theory is that you take away stuff they don't need to do, so less police, but basically the same amount of police to handle things like responding to reports of shots fired.

And no, I'm not totally on board with the movement, but rather just trying to keep things honest.
09-23-2020 01:53 PM
Bear Catlett Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: UC
B-I-MBO and Bimbo was her Name-O.
09-23-2020 01:54 PM
Redwingtom Offline
Progressive filth

(09-23-2020 01:03 PM)vandiver49 Wrote:  

Then call it something more aligned with what is desired.

Totally agree...it's a HORRIBLE moniker.
09-23-2020 01:54 PM
Redwingtom Offline
Progressive filth

(09-23-2020 01:14 PM)Eldonabe Wrote:  

Simple question Red - if you are asking to remove 90% of their funding, exactly what kind of police services do you expect to go unaffected?

I assume that you will come up with a very long list of "status quo" functions, so take your time compiling it.

I don't know...I'd need to see their budget. Also, I didn't even look into what her actual position is on the matter out of what was reported she tweeted about. It could be totally misrepresented.
09-23-2020 01:56 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.