Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Breonna Taylor Announcement
bobdizole Offline
All American

I Root For: MT
Det. Brett Hankison will be charged with 3 counts of wanton endangerment, a class d felony.

No charges for the other two officers

Going to be a wild night in Louisville
09-23-2020 12:35 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

CliftonAve Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Jimmy Nippert
RE: Breonna Taylor Announcement
I assume you were in the grand jury and witnessed all the evidence presented by the prosecutor?
09-23-2020 12:38 PM
bobdizole Offline
All American

(09-23-2020 12:38 PM)CliftonAve Wrote:  I assume you were in the grand jury and witnessed all the evidence presented by the prosecutor?

I did not share an opinion one way or another on the decision, simply it's going to be a wild night in Louisville. Which it probably was going to be no matter what was decided. Can't let a good crisis go to waste right?
09-23-2020 12:40 PM
Claw Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Memphis
(09-23-2020 12:40 PM)bobdizole Wrote:  
(09-23-2020 12:38 PM)CliftonAve Wrote:  I assume you were in the grand jury and witnessed all the evidence presented by the prosecutor?

I did not share an opinion one way or another on the decision, simply it's going to be a wild night in Louisville. Which it probably was going to be no matter what was decided. Can't let a good crisis go to waste right?

True
09-23-2020 12:42 PM
CliftonAve Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Jimmy Nippert
I don't disagree. As I understand it, the cases against the other officers are still pending with the Special Prosecutor/AG. It is possible they are charged at a later date.
09-23-2020 12:43 PM
BatonRougeEscapee Offline
1st String

I Root For: GEAUX TIGERS &
(09-23-2020 12:35 PM)bobdizole Wrote:  Det. Brett Hankison will be charged with 3 counts of wanton endangerment, a class d felony.

Interestingly, the wanton endangerment charges involved only the neighbors of the deceased and her boyfriend. No charges regarding Taylor or Walker against the police
09-23-2020 12:44 PM
Advertisement

Bear Catlett Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: UC
(09-23-2020 12:43 PM)CliftonAve Wrote:  I don't disagree. As I understand it, the cases against the other officers are still pending with the Special Prosecutor/AG. It is possible they are charged at a later date.

It depends on how bad the riots are as to whether they get charged or not...
09-23-2020 12:49 PM
salukiblue Offline
Liaison to the Dummies

I Root For: Space Mountain
(09-23-2020 12:35 PM)bobdizole Wrote:  Det. Brett Hankison will be charged with 3 counts of wanton endangerment, a class d felony.

At best, that's all that should happen.

It's unfortunate, to say the least, that the national media hasn't been more responsible in putting the brakes on the whole "Taylor was murdered by Louisville Police."

The facts are relatively simple:

Cops surveilled Taylor's ex over a period of months for suspected drug dealing.

Some of the suspected drugs were being sent to Taylor's apartment.

Police requested a SEARCH warrant for the apartment and presented it to a judge.

A judge approved the warrant.

Police followed through with the warrant.

Police entered the residence of Taylor pursuant to a valid search warrant.

Taylor's bf thought intruders were breaking in and fired shots at who he thought were police. (He had the legal right to do so IF he thought the people entering the house were unlawful intruders).

Taylor's BF shot an officer who had entered the residence. The other officers fired back in response to being fired upon, striking Taylor (who was NOT in her bed) but standing near her BF.

It was tragic. But the police didn't just decide to "go kill Taylor" for kicks. Nor is there any indication the warrant was gotten based upon some racist desires by the police.

Apparently one of the cops went all Tackleberry which may have given rise to wanton endangerment. Some bullets went into adjoining apartments.
(This post was last modified: 09-23-2020 12:51 PM by salukiblue.)
09-23-2020 12:49 PM
Jugnaut Offline
Heisman

I Root For: UCF
Going to be a not guilty at trial. Taylors boyfriend fired upon police. Returning fire is self defense.
09-23-2020 12:50 PM
Kaplony Offline
Palmetto State Deplorable

I Root For: Newberry
(09-23-2020 12:50 PM)Jugnaut Wrote:  Going to be a not guilty at trial. Taylors boyfriend fired upon police. Returning fire is self defense.

Doubtful. Hankinson blindly fired into the apartment from the outside, nearly striking people in neighboring apartment(s). Even in a self-defense situation that meets the definition of wanton endangerment.
09-23-2020 12:57 PM
Eldonabe Offline
No More Wire Hangars!

I Root For: All but Uconn
(09-23-2020 12:57 PM)Kaplony Wrote:  
(09-23-2020 12:50 PM)Jugnaut Wrote:  Going to be a not guilty at trial. Taylors boyfriend fired upon police. Returning fire is self defense.

Doubtful. Hankinson blindly fired into the apartment from the outside, nearly striking people in neighboring apartment(s). Even in a self-defense situation that meets the definition of wanton endangerment.

That ain't the justice that everyone wants.....

The city will burn tonight as will a few others............
09-23-2020 01:05 PM
Advertisement

fsquid Offline
Legend

I Root For: Memphis, Queens (NC)

CrappiesCrappiesCrappiesCrappiesMemphis Hall of Fame
Sometimes the clothes do not make the man.
09-23-2020 01:07 PM
Jugnaut Offline
Heisman

I Root For: UCF
(09-23-2020 12:57 PM)Kaplony Wrote:  

Don't see that over coming self-defense. If you are justified in using self defense but miss and hit an innocent person, you cannot be convicted for that as your self defense applies the transferred intent doctrine. Being a bad shot or firing too many shots doesn't matter and even hitting another person doesn't overcome self defense. Granted, Kentucky may have different laws on the subject (doubtful as this doctrine is pretty universal).
09-23-2020 01:09 PM
200yrs2late Offline
Resident Parrothead

I Root For: East Carolina

09-23-2020 01:11 PM
bobdizole Offline
All American

Shields up

09-23-2020 01:14 PM
CardinalJim Offline
Welcome to The New Age

I Root For: Louisville
I’m in Louisville.
Personally I’m disappointed the former police officer is being prosecuted.

Bus loads of morons have traveled here from Atlanta, Nashville, Chicago and Indianapolis to tear stuff up. They don’t care what the news was.

Personally I hope our police officers stay safe tonight. I don’t want to see anyone get hurt, however, if a bunch of these “professional protesters” get put down tonight I won’t lose any sleep.

I figure anything that happens tonight will just help get our President re-elected.
09-23-2020 01:15 PM
Advertisement

THE NC Herd Fan Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Marshall
Lord help Louisville, the violence about to hit come nightfall will make Minneapolis riots look like a peaceful sit-in. If I were folks in the suburbs, I think I'd consider taking a vacation.
09-23-2020 01:16 PM
BuffaloTN Offline
All American

I Root For: Memphis
(09-23-2020 12:49 PM)salukiblue Wrote:  

At best, that's all that should happen.

It's unfortunate, to say the least, that the national media hasn't been more responsible in putting the brakes on the whole "Taylor was murdered by Louisville Police."

The facts are relatively simple:

Cops surveilled Taylor's ex over a period of months for suspected drug dealing.

Some of the suspected drugs were being sent to Taylor's apartment.

Police requested a SEARCH warrant for the apartment and presented it to a judge.

A judge approved the warrant.

Police followed through with the warrant.

Police entered the residence of Taylor pursuant to a valid search warrant.

Taylor's bf thought intruders were breaking in and fired shots at who he thought were police. (He had the legal right to do so IF he thought the people entering the house were unlawful intruders).

Taylor's BF shot an officer who had entered the residence. The other officers fired back in response to being fired upon, striking Taylor (who was NOT in her bed) but standing near her BF.

It was tragic. But the police didn't just decide to "go kill Taylor" for kicks. Nor is there any indication the warrant was gotten based upon some racist desires by the police.

Apparently one of the cops went all Tackleberry which may have given rise to wanton endangerment. Some bullets went into adjoining apartments.

I had to laugh at the Tackleberry reference.
09-23-2020 01:16 PM
maximus Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: MEMPHIS
Its a tragic and unfortunate situation.

The national media clowns, NBA clowns and other agitators are complicit in whats about to happen in Louisville.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk
09-23-2020 01:19 PM
CardinalJim Offline
Welcome to The New Age

I Root For: Louisville
(09-23-2020 01:16 PM)THE NC Herd Fan Wrote:  Lord help Louisville, the violence about to hit come nightfall will make Minneapolis riots look like a peaceful sit-in. If I were folks in the suburbs, I think I'd consider taking a vacation.

I live in a rural area 15 miles south of Louisville. Those nimrods won’t come out here. My neighbor has an “All Lives Matter” sign in his front yard..lol

I think we counted 15 AR15’s on our street. Locked and loaded
We’ll be fine here. Actually happy if they do. I might get to use my AR for home defense. 04-cheers
09-23-2020 01:24 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.