Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Kody Fulp"s Story and NCAA Hypocrisy
Bookmark and Share
DogsWin1 Offline
1st String

I Root For: Louisiana Tech
Kody Fulp"s Story and NCAA Hypocrisy
Please take a few minutes to read the below tweet. Kody Fulp is a good kid who does things the right way. I hope that you will be compelled to like and retweet his story of how the NCAA has deliberately and cowardly cheated this young man. Fulp is in excellent academic standing, was not told that his previous school had APR issues, he transferred to take advantage of academic tutoring that his previous school didn't provide, and his previous school isn't playing football. He also gave up a football scholarship to play as a walkon. Request denied by the NCAA. This is just wrong!

https://twitter.com/fulp_kody/status/130...9285263360
(This post was last modified: 09-22-2020 11:33 PM by DogsWin1.)
09-22-2020 11:22 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

12thmonarch Offline
Heisman

I Root For: ODU
RE: Kody Fulp"s Story and NCAA Hypocrisy
(09-22-2020 11:22 PM)DogsWin1 Wrote:  Please take a few minutes to read the below tweet. Kody Fulp is a good kid who does things the right way. I hope that you will be compelled to like and retweet his story of how the NCAA has deliberately and cowardly cheated this young man. Thanks.

Even with out reading what horrible things they might have done to that kid i can tell you that is an evil piece of crap organization that panders to the elite while ignoring its duties to serve all collegiate athletes with the same level of interest and some times screwing over not so elite schools and their athletes in their view. I am still waiting for the sanctions that they are gonna put on UNC and Baylor instead they will drop a hammer on Gardner Webb and Sam Houston. The life goes on. **** the NCAA.
09-22-2020 11:30 PM
Dawgxas Offline
#FreeDeb025

(09-22-2020 11:22 PM)DogsWin1 Wrote:  Please take a few minutes to read the below tweet. Kody Fulp is a good kid who does things the right way. I hope that you will be compelled to like and retweet his story of how the NCAA has deliberately and cowardly cheated this young man. Fulp is in excellent academic standing, was not told that his previous school had APR issues, he transferred to take advantage of academic tutoring that his previous school didn't provide, and his previous school isn't playing football. He also gave up a football scholarship to play as a walkon. Request denied by the NCAA. This is just wrong!

What a joke. If McNeese is not playing football, he should be eligible like all the others that have been given waivers, UAB players, Ole Miss players
09-22-2020 11:44 PM
Doots4Dawgs Offline
1st String

Not being informed of the APR issues by the administration before signing should be enough to be able to search elsewhere. They weren’t transparent with their players about the athletic situation they were signing him to.
09-22-2020 11:56 PM
DogsWin1 Offline
1st String

(09-22-2020 11:56 PM)Doots4Dawgs Wrote:  Not being informed of the APR issues by the administration before signing should be enough to be able to search elsewhere. They weren’t transparent with their players about the athletic situation they were signing him to.

It would be one thing if Fulp was a high academic risk, but he is a friggin' Dean's list student and not even on a scholarship. If anyone should be awarded immediate eligibility this kid has earned it for several reasons!
09-23-2020 12:05 AM
Advertisement

ghostofclt! Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Charlotte
(09-22-2020 11:30 PM)12thmonarch Wrote:  
(09-22-2020 11:22 PM)DogsWin1 Wrote:  Please take a few minutes to read the below tweet. Kody Fulp is a good kid who does things the right way. I hope that you will be compelled to like and retweet his story of how the NCAA has deliberately and cowardly cheated this young man. Thanks.

Even with out reading what horrible things they might have done to that kid i can tell you that is an evil piece of crap organization that panders to the elite while ignoring its duties to serve all collegiate athletes with the same level of interest and some times screwing over not so elite schools and their athletes in their view. I am still waiting for the sanctions that they are gonna put on UNC and Baylor instead they will drop a hammer on Gardner Webb and Sam Houston. The life goes on. **** the NCAA.

clt says UNC CHeat should have lost accreditation.
09-23-2020 05:41 AM
DogsWin1 Offline
1st String

The good news is there are a lot of people calling out the NCAA on their biased treatment of student athletes based on what school / conference they are transferring to. Please keep liking and retweeting. Why deny this young man? What lesson are you teaching by making an 'example' of him? THIS is behavior that the NCAA needs to clean up!

https://twitter.com/fulp_kody/status/130...h_comments
09-23-2020 08:08 AM
pilot172000 Offline
All American

I Root For: Tech/ Bama
Please retweet if you can. Its not that its our kid. Its that because this kid wasn't playing for one of the NCAA's favored children that he didn't get the waiver. I don't want a kid from ODU, FAU or UTEP to be the next one this happens to.
09-23-2020 08:24 AM
12thmonarch Offline
Heisman

I Root For: ODU
(09-23-2020 05:41 AM)ghostofclt! Wrote:  

clt says UNC CHeat should have lost accreditation.

Yeah at any G5 or FCS that should've already happened but its NCAA and P5 so i am guessing it will never happen. The worst NCAA will do is a fine and a slap on the wrist.
09-23-2020 08:45 AM
Advertisement

HogDawg Offline
Heisman

I Root For: LA Tech
(09-23-2020 08:24 AM)pilot172000 Wrote:  Please retweet if you can. Its not that its our kid. Its that because this kid wasn't playing for one of the NCAA's favored children that he didn't get the waiver. I don't want a kid from ODU, FAU or UTEP to be the next one this happens to.

Duly noted. I retweeted it.
09-23-2020 11:09 AM
Curtzilla Offline
2nd String

I Root For: Kyle Busch
Some info is missing...is this about the transfer sit-out year?
09-23-2020 11:49 AM
rileylives Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Marshall
(09-23-2020 11:49 AM)Curtzilla Wrote:  Some info is missing...is this about the transfer sit-out year?

There shoudn't be a transfer year from where this player came from.

It should be cut and dry. But it's clearly not for some reason.
09-23-2020 01:56 PM
Curtzilla Offline
2nd String

I Root For: Kyle Busch
There's not a transfer year from FCS to FBS? There's never been one in the opposite direction (FBS to FCS) but I thought there's always been one moving up. Otherwise FCS would simply be farm teams for the P5's.
09-23-2020 02:44 PM
Advertisement

BoutThemDawgs Offline
2nd String

I Root For: La Tech
(09-23-2020 02:44 PM)Curtzilla Wrote:  There's not a transfer year from FCS to FBS? There's never been one in the opposite direction (FBS to FCS) but I thought there's always been one moving up. Otherwise FCS would simply be farm teams for the P5's.

Its more to do with Mcneese choosing to not play football this season, I believe anyway.
09-23-2020 02:53 PM
rileylives Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Marshall
(09-23-2020 02:44 PM)Curtzilla Wrote:  There's not a transfer year from FCS to FBS? There's never been one in the opposite direction (FBS to FCS) but I thought there's always been one moving up. Otherwise FCS would simply be farm teams for the P5's.

The only time a player needs to sit out a year is when one transfers from FBS to FBS.

And even that lately, the NCAA has gotten more tolerant on.

Apparently except for when you're a Dean's list student....
09-23-2020 02:55 PM
DogsWin1 Offline
1st String

There are multiple inconsistencies in this case. First, several P5 players have transferred and were granted immediate eligibility for no justifiable reason. Next, Fulp is a Dean's list student in excellent standing (not an academic risk), he has proven that he can handle academics and football at the same time. Next, McNeese never told him they were going to be put on academic probation when they brought him onboard (and then the coaching staff left). Next, McNeese provides no academic tutoring which is important to Fulp (the kid wants to keep his good grades up). Next, he gave up his football scholarship at McNeese to be a walkon at a school that does provide the support he seeks.

This is NOT the kind of student-athlete that needs to be restricted from playing immediately, he has EARNED the right to play football immediately. And if he subjectively "didn't earn the right to play immediately" then what exactly did Tate Martell and hundreds of other transfers do that did earn them the right to play immediately? All Fulp wants is some semblance of equality in consideration.
09-23-2020 03:40 PM
Herd-in-ATL Offline
2nd String

I Root For: Marshall, UGA

Growing up in NC I've always been a big Tar Heels fan, especially basketball. But what they were allowed to get away with because of the money they produce for the governing body of collegiate athletics, owners of the NCAA Basketball Tournament, was complete BS! I know a lot of Carolina alumni who were disgusted with their school.
09-23-2020 08:07 PM
Advertisement

ghostofclt! Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Charlotte
(09-23-2020 08:07 PM)Herd-in-ATL Wrote:  

Growing up in NC I've always been a big Tar Heels fan, especially basketball. But what they were allowed to get away with because of the money they produce for the governing body of collegiate athletics, owners of the NCAA Basketball Tournament, was complete BS! I know a lot of Carolina alumni who were disgusted with their school.

clt says welcome to the good side!
09-23-2020 08:38 PM
DogsWin1 Offline
1st String

Meanwhile, U of Georgia Junior OL Cade Mays has been allowed by both the NCAA and the SEC to play immediately at U of Tennessee. The slimy NCAA and P5 collusion continues.

https://www.knoxnews.com/story/sports/co...852890002/
09-30-2020 07:44 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.