Cincinnati Bearcats

Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

10/3 Vs USF Headed to ESPN+
Bookmark and Share
CliftonAve Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Jimmy Nippert
If you haven’t started streaming yet you best do so if you want to watch UC FB or Hoops.

09-21-2020 11:32 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

mlb Offline
O' Great One

I Root For: Cincinnati
Donators
So far I've enjoyed all the 30 for 30 episodes that I never originally watched. FCC seems to have a number of games on it too.

Sent from my SM-N970U using Tapatalk

09-21-2020 11:33 AM
bearcatmark Online

I Root For: the Deliverator
RE: 10/3 Vs USF Headed to ESPN+
(09-21-2020 11:33 AM)mlb Wrote:  So far I've enjoyed all the 30 for 30 episodes that I never originally watched. FCC seems to have a number of games on it too.

Basketball A Love Story was awesome. Watched that over several weeks when no sports were on.

09-21-2020 11:35 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
UCGrad1992 Offline
Legend

I Root For: Bearcats U
I must say the Austin Puke game looked great on my 4k roku 55 inch. I believe streaming gets you a higher resolution than the 720 cable signal. My family has really enjoyed the bundle of ESPN+, Disney+ and Hulu [$12.99/month]. Although, I'm the only one who watches ESPN lol.

09-21-2020 12:00 PM
ucbandguy Offline
Special Teams

The picture quality on ESPN+ was fine.

The announcers were okay, but they could have used some better spotters to help identify players making tackles and the who is in the game questions. They kept going back to the same talking points over and over, not necessarily showing a depth of knowledge of either team.

The production was mediocre. Too many times they could not figure out when to get back to the game action. Way too many close ups of the head coaches' facemask. If teams are playing fast, then a cut away between most every play is just not good sports television.

And don't you just love seeing the same commercial 19 times during the game. Granted, the girl in the AT&T commercial was kinda cute, but I was really ready to move on.

09-21-2020 12:10 PM
mlb Offline
O' Great One

Donators
(09-21-2020 12:10 PM)ucbandguy Wrote:  The picture quality on ESPN+ was fine.

The announcers were okay, but they could have used some better spotters to help identify players making tackles and the who is in the game questions. They kept going back to the same talking points over and over, not necessarily showing a depth of knowledge of either team.

The production was mediocre. Too many times they could not figure out when to get back to the game action. Way too many close ups of the head coaches' facemask. If teams are playing fast, then a cut away between most every play is just not good sports television.

And don't you just love seeing the same commercial 19 times during the game. Granted, the girl in the AT&T commercial was kinda cute, but I was really ready to move on.
So... As a FYI, the conference actually produces the ESPN+ football games. The announcers were not at Nippert, I'm pretty sure. I don't know who they had as spotters either with the skeleton crew at the game. They were just calling it with the same view that we had.

09-21-2020 12:12 PM
Advertisement

CliftonAve Offline
Heisman

(09-21-2020 12:12 PM)mlb Wrote:  

So... As a FYI, the conference actually produces the ESPN+ football games. The announcers were not at Nippert, I'm pretty sure. I don't know who they had as spotters either with the skeleton crew at the game. They were just calling it with the same view that we had.

If that is the way they are going to produce it they might as well pay Dan Hoard and Jim Kelly (Terry Nelson for hoops) and some UC TV staff as independent contractors. At least they are at the games.

09-21-2020 12:19 PM
mlb Offline
O' Great One

Donators
Outside of UC football and possibly men's basketball, UC pays for all production. It'll probably be staffed mostly by students. But the conference definitely picks up the cost for football games. I'm not positive about basketball.

09-21-2020 12:27 PM
Banter Offline
1st String

I Root For: UC Bearcats

Are we talking about Milana Vayntrub? Those AT&T commercials hide her assets. She's become pretty popular lately.

09-21-2020 12:58 PM
CliftonAve Offline
Heisman

(09-21-2020 12:58 PM)Banter Wrote:  

Are we talking about Milana Vayntrub? Those AT&T commercials hide her assets. She's become pretty popular lately.

Man... she is amazing.

(This post was last modified: 09-21-2020 01:07 PM by CliftonAve.)
09-21-2020 01:04 PM
Banter Offline
1st String

I Root For: UC Bearcats
(09-21-2020 01:04 PM)CliftonAve Wrote:  

Man... she had a set of incredible... eyes.

I haven't noticed...I was to busy staring at her great....uh smile?

09-21-2020 01:07 PM
Advertisement

doss2 Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: BEARCATS
(09-21-2020 01:04 PM)CliftonAve Wrote:  

Man... she is amazing.

As Bob Seger said "She has points of her own standing way up firm and high"

09-21-2020 01:35 PM
Bruce Monnin Offline
Hall of Famer

Why would you want to watch the USF game?

If we play well, it is a blowout that is over by the middle of the second quarter.

If the game is close, that means we are playing so badly that no wants to see it.

Listen on WLW while getting something useful done.

09-21-2020 01:39 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
rath v2.0 Online
Wartime Consigliere

I Root For: Civil Disobedience

Donators
ESPN+ is no big deal for fans, but it sucks donkey balls for attracting the casual fans and TV eyeballs we desperately need. Plus you often are stuck with the Beasley Reece equivalent of the on air talent and production.

09-21-2020 02:07 PM
CliftonAve Offline
Heisman

(09-21-2020 02:07 PM)rath v2.0 Wrote:  ESPN+ is no big deal for fans, but it sucks donkey balls for attracting the casual fans and TV eyeballs we desperately need. Plus you often are stuck with the Beasley Reece equivalent of the on air talent and production.

I think the David Saltzman guy who called this AP game earns most of his living as a financial advisor and does a little Texas State play by play. I realize guys have to start somewhere but it sure would be nice if ESPN could help UC out a little.

09-21-2020 03:04 PM
rosewater Offline
Heisman

I Root For: cincy
My biggest issue with Espn plus and streaming in general is you cannot rewind plays and catch up on commercials. You also cannot dvr in the event of a must do activity.

09-21-2020 07:21 PM
Advertisement

UCGrad1992 Offline
Legend

I Root For: Bearcats U
I don't know in accordance to the new media deal how many of our games will be on ESPN+ but I don't get the feeling it will be many. FCS Austin Puke and cellar dweller newcomer USF would be my choices compared to other games on our schedule. That said, more people are cutting traditional cable to streaming tv than ever before so ESPN+ is another option for watching games in a growing interface/market.

(This post was last modified: 09-21-2020 08:08 PM by UCGrad1992.)
09-21-2020 08:06 PM
Edgebrookjeff Offline
1st String

I Root For: bearcats
(09-21-2020 08:06 PM)UCGrad1992 Wrote:  I don't know in accordance to the new media deal how many of our games will be on ESPN+ but I don't get the feeling it will be many. FCS Austin Puke and cellar dweller newcomer USF would be my choices compared to other games on our schedule. That said, more people are cutting traditional cable to streaming tv than ever before so ESPN+ is another option for watching games in a growing interface/market.

I thought you could go back and watch games on ESPN +. However, I found the game available on Youtube Sunday evening.

09-22-2020 12:16 AM
Cattidude Offline
Bench Warmer

(09-22-2020 12:16 AM)Edgebrookjeff Wrote:  
(09-21-2020 08:06 PM)UCGrad1992 Wrote:  I don't know in accordance to the new media deal how many of our games will be on ESPN+ but I don't get the feeling it will be many. FCS Austin Puke and cellar dweller newcomer USF would be my choices compared to other games on our schedule. That said, more people are cutting traditional cable to streaming tv than ever before so ESPN+ is another option for watching games in a growing interface/market.

I thought you could go back and watch games on ESPN +. However, I found the game available on Youtube Sunday evening.

You can. ESPN+ actually has the UC vs AP, the UCF vs GT game, the Navy vs Tulane, Tulsa vs Ok St, Tulane vs USA, etc all on demand.

09-22-2020 02:17 AM
OKIcat Offline
Heisman

Related to this, will we see ratings numbers for ESPN+ indicating how many subscribers were viewing the game? There must be at least an internal measurement system in place in order for these streaming services to judge the value of the content they've purchased.

It will be interesting to see what kind of audience UC vs. Army pulls on ESPN this week too. The question in my mind is, will B10/Pac 12 and other college football fans be joining the regular AAC and Army fans providing a larger than normal TV audience?

If so, it suggests UC stands to benefit for the next few weeks in the absence of two P5 conferences that are ordinarily filling some of these prime spots.

09-22-2020 07:33 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.