Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Kroger
BEARCATDALE Offline
All American

I Root For: UC
Kroger
“ALLYSHIP GUIDE”

Quote:ALLYSHIP GUIDE: FROM AWARENESS TO ADVOCACY

Injustice, bigotry and racism are deeply entrenched in the country we all love, and have been since its origination. The senseless and preventable murders of George Floyd, Ahmaud Arbery and Breonna Taylor – and so many others, both names known and unknown – have reignited a deep, raw and unresolved pain and frustration among many, especially Black Americans.

Terms to Know • Social Privilege - is a special, unearned advantage or entitlement, used to one's own benefit or to the detriment of others • White Privilege - is not the suggestion that white people have never struggled. Instead, white privilege should be viewed as a built-in advantage, separate from one’s level of income or effort • Systemic Racism - includes the policies and practices entrenched in established institutions, which result in the exclusion or promotion of designated groups • Ally (Active) - takes action and challenges the status quo • Agent (Enabler) - takes action to maintain the status quo of privilege and oppression • Fence-Sitter (Passive/Neutral) - reinforces the status quo • All Lives Matter - Black people certainly believe that every life and person matters. But what’s important to know is this saying is generally perceived as dismissive and unsupportive of the Black Lives Matter movement, which was formed to bring more attention to the brutality and injustices committed against Black men, women and children

Actions You Can Take Right Now • Do not remain silent. Use your voice and platform to start and facilitate constructive conversations, whether that’s within your family, neighborhood or workplace. If someone makes a racist remark or shares their limited view, ask them why they feel that way • Demand justice by supporting online petitions and campaigns and contacting elected local, state and federal officials • Diversify your news sources and who you follow and engage with on social media • Make a financial contribution to a local or national organization, preferably Black-led, that is working for a more equitable America • Become more familiar with the Black experience by reading, watching and listening to content produced by Black people • Join a peaceful protest and stand in solidarity with the Black community • Vote in every election and support efforts to protect people’s right to vote (like volunteering for election protection or participating in get-out-the-vote activities) • Research the laws, budgets and policies that disproportionately and systemically affect Black communities and advocate accordingly • Support elected officials and candidates with agendas that support and uplift marginalized communities • Advocate to your local mayor and city council for a stronger Citizen/Civilian/Community Review Board Read: “How civilian review boards can further police accountability and improve community relations”

“Saint Peter don't you call me 'cause I can't go I owe my soul to the company store”
(This post was last modified: 09-20-2020 10:04 PM by BEARCATDALE.)
09-20-2020 09:52 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

ODUsmitty Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Old Dominion
RE: Kroger
Kroger, I love you, I really do. But this is a relationship-changer. Sorry you had to get all woke. When you have to lay off those wonderful cashiers and deli employees because you chose to virtue-signal vice be a good grocery store, remember the people you are hurting are the exacts ones you claim to be supporting. Hypocritical corporate cucks.
09-20-2020 09:56 PM
banker Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Marshall
I don’t like Kroger anyway. Don’t like companies that overcharge if you don’t let them data mine.
09-20-2020 10:37 PM
CardinalJim Offline
Welcome to The New Age

I Root For: Louisville
I hate Kroger. I refuse to pay more to get less just because it’s a union store. Get woke, go broke
It couldn’t happen to a better company.
09-21-2020 04:10 AM
Bear Catlett Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: UC
Kroger should take a hard look in the mirror because they've obviously hired a bunch of workers who are too stupid to think on their own... so they have to tell them how to do it.

I mean, this is what America was founded on, right? The elite few in high, powerful places telling the masses how to live.
09-21-2020 06:30 AM
SuperFlyBCat Offline
Banned

I Root For: America and UC
Full blown cultural Marxism. This does nothing but divide people.
09-21-2020 06:37 AM
Advertisement

rath v2.0 Offline
Wartime Consigliere

I Root For: Civil Disobedience

Donators
Kroger is run by idiots. They forced early retired most of the people that actually had a brain that operated outside of the hive.
09-21-2020 07:34 AM
CliftonAve Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Jimmy Nippert
This is the end result or stacking Boards, Executive Leadership and HR Depts at major companies with diversity hires over the past 10 years or so.
09-21-2020 07:40 AM
UofMemphis Away
Official MT.org Ambassador of Smack

I Root For: Univ of Memphis

Donators
so what's the conservative grocery store?
09-21-2020 08:25 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
ECUGrad07 Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: ECU
(09-21-2020 08:25 AM)UofMemphis Wrote:  so what's the conservative grocery store?

Around here, it is Ingles. No mask, no fuss.
09-21-2020 08:30 AM
BuffaloTN Offline
All American

I Root For: Memphis
(09-21-2020 08:25 AM)UofMemphis Wrote:  so what's the conservative grocery store?

Why does there have to be a conservative grocery store? How about one that can just STFU and run their business agnostic of politics?
09-21-2020 08:31 AM
Advertisement

Redwingtom Offline
Progressive filth

I Root For: B-G-S-U !!!!
(09-21-2020 08:31 AM)BuffaloTN Wrote:  How about one that can just STFU and run their business agnostic of politics?

Your move Hobby Lobby, Chic-Fil-A, My Pillow, Uline, .........
09-21-2020 08:46 AM
shere khan Offline
Southerner

I Root For: Tulane
Winn-Dixie. Publix.
Kroger is nasty AF anyway
09-21-2020 08:56 AM
bullet Offline
Legend

I Root For: Texas, UK, UGA
(09-20-2020 09:56 PM)ODUsmitty Wrote:  Kroger, I love you, I really do. But this is a relationship-changer. Sorry you had to get all woke. When you have to lay off those wonderful cashiers and deli employees because you chose to virtue-signal vice be a good grocery store, remember the people you are hurting are the exacts ones you claim to be supporting. Hypocritical corporate cucks.

Diversify your news sources? Maybe they should realize that could red pill some liberals.
09-21-2020 09:14 AM
Bronco'14 Offline
WMU

I Root For: WMU Broncos
Do people still believe large corporations don't vote Democrat?
(This post was last modified: 09-21-2020 11:10 AM by Bronco'14.)
09-21-2020 11:09 AM
Attackcoog Offline

I Root For: Houston
lol...I drive by a Kroger every day on my way to HEB.
09-21-2020 11:10 AM
Advertisement

Bronco'14 Offline
WMU

I Root For: WMU Broncos
We have Meijers here. Unions aren't welcome on this side of the state

(Meijers is probably pushing that bull**** too tho)
09-21-2020 11:12 AM
gdunn Offline
Repping E-Gang Colors

I Root For: Southern Miss

Survivor Champion
Publix and Winn Dixie are by far my favorites..

Here we have a Wegman's, Giant, and Weis.

Wegman's is the northern version of Publix.

Giant and Weis are northern versions of WD.
09-21-2020 11:13 AM
UofMTigerTim Offline
1st String

I Root For:
Lucky people to have options.

Near my town we only have Kroger or Walmart.
09-21-2020 11:26 AM
Redwingtom Offline
Progressive filth

I Root For: B-G-S-U !!!!
(09-21-2020 11:09 AM)Bronco14 Wrote:  Do people still believe large corporations don't vote Democrat?

Huh?
09-21-2020 11:37 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.