Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

News POLL: Support For Black Lives Matter Drops
CrimsonPhantom Offline
CUSA Curator

I Root For: NM State
POLL: Support For Black Lives Matter Drops
Quote:New polls from Pew Research and Fox News show support for the Black Lives Matter movement has dropped more than ten points since mid-summer, and voters now qualify the unrest in places like Kenosha, Wisconsin, as “riots” and not “protests.”

At the height of the summer, when anti-racism and anti-police brutality protests were happening in almost every major American city, support for the Black Lives Matter movement hit an all-time high of 67%, per Pew Research. As the summer wore on, though, and large-scale demonstrations sometimes gave way to isolated violence and destruction, support for the movement as a whole dropped by more than 10%, even though the rioters and looters were largely separate from the anti-racism activists.

“As racial justice protests have intensified following the shooting of Jacob Blake, public support for the Black Lives Matter movement has declined,” the polling authority notes. “A majority of U.S. adults (55%) now express at least some support for the movement, down from 67% in June amid nationwide demonstrations sparked by the death of George Floyd. The share who say they strongly support the movement stands at 29%, down from 38% three months ago.”

The decline isn’t just among white adults. Pew notes that Hispanics contacted for the poll also expressed waning support for the movement.

“The recent decline in support for the Black Lives Matter movement is particularly notable among White and Hispanic adults. In June, a majority of White adults (60%) said they supported the movement at least somewhat; now, fewer than half (45%) express at least some support,” Pew said. “The share of Hispanic adults who support the movement has decreased 11 percentage points, from 77% in June to 66% today.”

Part of the problem, a Fox News poll reveals, is that over the course of the summer, news of peaceful protests has been largely replaced by news of violent and destructive incidents of unrest, and that unrest has moved from major cities’ centers — places like Chicago, Illinois, Portland, Oregon, and Seattle, Washington — to more residential areas, like Kenosha, Wisconsin, and Rochester, New York.

“More voters consider the unrest in three US cities stemming from Black Lives Matter demonstrations to be riots rather than protests,” the New York Post reports citing a Fox News poll. “The poll, published Sunday, found that 48 percent of likely voters surveyed described violence in New York, Portland, and Kenosha, Wisconsin to be riots, compared to 40 percent who saw them as protests.”

Perception may not be reality. A recent report covered extensively in the mainstream media claimed just 7% of anti-racism protests were violent; the overwhelming majority of demonstrations — a whopping 93%, the report said — were “peaceful.”

The report, though, seems to include just large-scale demonstrations, separating anti-racism protests from looting and riots that followed, or worse, used peaceful protests as cover. In places like Chicago, as The Daily Wire reported earlier this summer, minority residents taking part in anti-racism and anti-police brutality protests found themselves excoriating more violent elements.

Link

How can one see a riot, and not call it a riot?
09-18-2020 02:29 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

MileHighBronco Offline
Legend

I Root For: Broncos
RE: POLL: Support For Black Lives Matter Drops
That is significant because most of the video of the riots in the earliest days was that shot by the 'peaceful protesters' themselves. They were careful to frame things in their favor, capturing only the police response but carefully avoiding showing what they were doing that prompted that response. They also were very careful not to show the faces of the protesters.

Then came Andy Ngo and others that are putting themselves in peril by even being at these riots . They began capturing all the violence and property destruction and posting it online. Rioters were furious and began circulating their pictures and doxxed them. Ngo and others continued and have been isolated and attacked but continued posting what is going on and significantly, began posting public arrest records and mugshots. The rioters were not amused, even comically going so far as to say their rights had been violated, as real consequences began happening.

Americans then realized that they were not getting the entire picture of what was going on by relying on the MSM. They began going online and viewing these videos that gave a better gauge of what is really going on and then sharing these videos. That and the spreading truth that BLM is a marxist organization started the decline in approval of the movement.

I know of several liberal 'friends' that still to this day deny the violence. I'd say unbelievable but it is not, such is the depth of their TDS indoctrination.

(09-18-2020 02:29 PM)CrimsonPhantom Wrote:  How can one see a riot, and not call it a riot?

When words have been redefined by the left to not mean what they used to mean. That's how.
(This post was last modified: 09-18-2020 02:44 PM by MileHighBronco.)
09-18-2020 02:42 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Bronco'14 Offline
WMU

I Root For: WMU Broncos
Call me a racist, but I give Black Lives Matter a zero
09-18-2020 02:57 PM
Advertisement

JMUDunk Offline
Rootin' fer Dukes, bud

I Root For: Freedom
Quote:How can one see a riot, and not call it a riot?

When they can't see it unless they are there. Until somewhat recently. We, here, have been watching this stuff for months and openly mocking the "mostly peaceful protests" idiocy. But alas, many only get their McNews from the facebook, 22 mins on NBC/ABC etc or one of the 2 completely in the bag cable channels.

A lot were also somewhat sympathetic to the destruction of the public property honoring our ancestors, so that played a part. Then tearing down statues turned into burning down the local Auto Zone and the funky little book shop on antiquers row.
People see places like Kenosha burning and the nonsense going on in Pittsburgh with that older couple being screamed at for being white. Rochester over a knife wielding mad-man being shot cause the cop didn't want to be killed and they now say WTH is going on around here?

We all knew these polls and likely much worse were coming the moment Nan took time to actually A. Acknowledge for the first time that this schit was real and going on and B. that rioting, looting, arson might not qualify as peaceful protests and these thugs need some quiet time behind bars.

I know you and most here know all that and it was rhetorical, but hey. maybe it gets one more person to take a deeper look.
09-18-2020 03:30 PM
Hambone10 Offline
Hooter

I Root For: My Kids

New Orleans BowlDonatorsThe Parliament Awards
(09-18-2020 02:42 PM)MileHighBronco Wrote:  When words have been redefined by the left to not mean what they used to mean. That's how.

This... over and over...

I keep being told that 'what I said' doesn't mean what I said and that 'what they said' doesn't mean what they said.

at literally every turn
09-18-2020 03:36 PM
rath v2.0 Online
Wartime Consigliere

I Root For: Civil Disobedience

Donators
Either black lives matter 10% less than they did before or 10% more of the population figured out it’s not a statement of the value of human life but instead a marxist organization of stupid racist ********
09-18-2020 03:36 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.