Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

News 86.7% Of People Won’t Watch The NFL If Players Kneel During The National Anthem
CrimsonPhantom Offline
CUSA Curator

I Root For: NM State
86.7% Of People Won’t Watch The NFL If Players Kneel During The National Anthem
Quote:The vast majority of people don’t plan on watching NFL games if players kneel, according to a Twitter poll.

The first game of the 2020 season is Thursday night when the Chiefs and Texans play, and there’s a good chance we could see players kneel during the national anthem.

I asked people in a Twitter poll if they’d tune out in the event of kneeling, and the results weren’t close at all.

Of the 4,850 voters, 86.7% voted that they would stop watching if players take a knee during the anthem.

See, this is what happens when you turn sports into a political debate. I think it’s fair to say the average man in America likes football.

At the very least, the average man in the Midwest and in the South likes football. We grow up with it, many people play it as kids and it’s part of our cultural DNA.

So, it’s not that people have all of a sudden started hating football. It’s just that people don’t want sports to become political debates and arguments about the national anthem.

Football is about scoring touchdowns, getting stops on defense and winning games. It’s not a time to air your grievances with America.

If players actually feel that way, then take it to social media. I’m incredibly supportive of players using their platforms, but during the game isn’t the time or place.

They’re employees, and they’re paid to play football. They’re not paid to become political activists. Clearly, the American public has grown tired of sports becoming ultra political.

We’ll see what happens Thursday night, but I think there’s a high chance players will take a knee. I hope I’m wrong, but I have a feeling I won’t be.

Link
09-10-2020 04:31 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Bronco'14 Offline
WMU

I Root For: WMU Broncos
RE: 86.7% Of People Won’t Watch The NFL If Players Kneel During The National Anthem
Me included. Especially w/ college leagues shut down, I'd otherwise be watching.
09-10-2020 04:32 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
CardinalJim Offline
Welcome to The New Age

I Root For: Louisville
RE: 86.7% Of People Won’t Watch The NFL If Players Kneel During The National Anthem
I won’t be watching tonight. I hate both the teams playing. If there are reports of players kneeling tomorrow I will not be turning the game on this Sunday when my team plays. It’s up to the NFL. They can put a stop to this now or let it drag on into the season and destroy their product. The choice is theirs.
09-10-2020 04:42 PM
umbluegray Offline
Legend

I Root For: The Tigers!
I've been boycotting the NFL since '93.

I'm glad the rest of America has decided to join me.
09-10-2020 04:47 PM
Eagleaidaholic Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Southern Miss
(09-10-2020 04:42 PM)CardinalJim Wrote:  I won’t be watching tonight. I hate both the teams playing. If there are reports of players kneeling tomorrow I will not be turning the game on this Sunday when my team plays. It’s up to the NFL. They can put a stop to this now or let it drag on into the season and destroy their product. The choice is theirs.

The kneeling will be nothing once people tuning in see something besides the team name in the End Zones. Gonna be a big surprise.
09-10-2020 04:48 PM
GrayBeard Offline
Whiny Troll

I Root For: My Kids & ECU

Crappies
So let me draw a conclusion from all this, the vast majority, maybe even a super majority, of the Nation does not support this BLM or kneeling movement. In fact, not only do they not support it, they refuse to support things that support it. Look at the NBA, MLB, and this poll in regards to the NFL for the proof.

Interesting thought that many don’t seem to get.
(This post was last modified: 09-10-2020 04:52 PM by GrayBeard.)
09-10-2020 04:52 PM
Advertisement

Marc Mensa Offline
You'll Get Nothing and Like It

I Root For: The Underdog
A Twitter poll from an opinion writer from the Daily Caller...
#seemslegit
09-10-2020 05:17 PM
shere khan Offline
Southerner

I Root For: Tulane
National Fascist League

Not watching. Not patronizing their sponsers.

Frick every one of them.
09-10-2020 05:20 PM
Marc Mensa Offline
You'll Get Nothing and Like It

I Root For: The Underdog
(09-10-2020 05:20 PM)shere khan Wrote:  National Fascist League

Not watching. Not patronizing their sponsers.

Frick every one of them.

#cancelculture
09-10-2020 05:22 PM
BobcatEngineer Offline
All American

I Root For: OHIO
(09-10-2020 04:52 PM)GrayBeard Wrote:  So let me draw a conclusion from all this, the vast majority, maybe even a super majority, of the Nation does not support this BLM or kneeling movement. In fact, not only do they not support it, they refuse to support things that support it. Look at the NBA, MLB, and this poll in regards to the NFL for the proof.

It was taken from a twitter poll... Most people are OK with athletes kneeling.
09-10-2020 05:23 PM
GoodOwl Offline
The 1 Hoo Knocks

I Root For: New Horizons
(09-10-2020 04:47 PM)umbluegray Wrote:  I've been boycotting the NFL since '93.

What the NFL? Is that a thing?
09-10-2020 05:24 PM
Advertisement

shere khan Offline
Southerner

(09-10-2020 05:24 PM)GoodOwl Wrote:  
(09-10-2020 04:47 PM)umbluegray Wrote:  I've been boycotting the NFL since '93.

What the NFL? Is that a thing?

They dont matter.
09-10-2020 05:26 PM
shere khan Offline
Southerner

(09-10-2020 05:23 PM)BobcatEngineer Wrote:  
(09-10-2020 04:52 PM)GrayBeard Wrote:  So let me draw a conclusion from all this, the vast majority, maybe even a super majority, of the Nation does not support this BLM or kneeling movement. In fact, not only do they not support it, they refuse to support things that support it. Look at the NBA, MLB, and this poll in regards to the NFL for the proof.

It was taken from a twitter poll... Most morons are OK with athletes kneeling.

Fify
09-10-2020 05:27 PM
CardinalJim Offline
Welcome to The New Age

I’m hoping the NFL doesn’t broadcast these pompous millionaires disrespecting our flag because they have it so tough playing a children’s game. If they want to do that sh*t nobody needs to see it.
09-10-2020 05:35 PM
banker Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Marshall

Liberals don’t like violent land acquisition games. Conservatives don’t like people that disrespect the flag. Who does that leave to watch?
09-10-2020 05:49 PM
CardinalJim Offline
Welcome to The New Age

(09-10-2020 05:49 PM)banker Wrote:  

Liberals don’t like violent land acquisition games. Conservatives don’t like people that disrespect the flag. Who does that leave to watch?

Good point... football is too rough for pansy liberals. They are more of a Quidditch crowd. Ping pong and badminton are big for leftists as well.
09-10-2020 05:59 PM
Advertisement

Crebman Offline
Heisman

I Root For:
I love football......but won’t be tuning in. So sick of this woke horse crap my TV screen will remain dark.....there’s golf to be played....
09-10-2020 06:12 PM
fsquid Online
Legend

I Root For: Memphis, Queens (NC)

CrappiesCrappiesCrappiesCrappiesMemphis Hall of Fame
86.7% Of People Won’t Watch The NFL If Players Kneel During The National Anthem
Texans staying in locker room

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
09-10-2020 06:59 PM
green Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Miami
09-10-2020 07:03 PM
Bronco'14 Offline
WMU

I Root For: WMU Broncos
(09-10-2020 06:59 PM)fsquid Wrote:  Texans staying in locker room

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

I'm ok w/ teams staying in the locker room.
09-10-2020 07:04 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.