RE: New Court. New Era
Nice!
09-09-2020 09:21 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Blazer88 Offline
Banned

I Root For: UAB
Perfect! Wonder when mixdup will be here to tell us that nobody will be able to see it
09-09-2020 10:26 PM
blazr Away
Hall of Famer

I LOVE that Blaze is back on the floor. 100% hyped. Not gonna lie, though, he looked good in the shades on the ends of the previous court.
09-09-2020 11:32 PM
Advertisement

notnow Offline
1st String

I have renewed our season tickets.
We are going to put attending games a priority.
Go Blazers!
09-10-2020 07:19 AM
ATTALLABLAZE Offline
Administrator

I Root For: UAB Blazers

The Parliament AwardsCrappiesDonatorsBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardCrappies
Love it. Attending games needs to be a priority for everyone for this program to get to where we want to be. It’s time for this fan base to put up or shut up. I don’t think asking for at least a half full average is too much to ask.
09-10-2020 07:23 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Blazing Saddles Offline
All American

New Court. New Era
(09-10-2020 07:23 AM)ATTALLABLAZE Wrote:  Love it. Attending games needs to be a priority for everyone for this program to get to where we want to be. It’s time for this fan base to put up or shut up. I don’t think asking for at least a half full average is too much to ask.

Word
09-10-2020 08:16 AM
HiddenDragon Offline
Banned

I Root For:
BlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk Award
I actually think it's time for UAB Basketball to put up or shut up. The last 4 years hasn't inspired anyone including the students to come to the games. Win games, beat a quality opponent, play an exciting brand of basketball and the fans will come back. Hiring a brand name coach is just the first step. Don't think that's asking too much of UAB Basketball.
(This post was last modified: 09-10-2020 08:33 AM by HiddenDragon.)
09-10-2020 08:32 AM
Advertisement

Blazing Saddles Offline
All American

New Court. New Era
(09-10-2020 08:32 AM)HiddenDragon Wrote:  I actually think it's time for UAB Basketball to put up or shut up. The last 4 years hasn't inspired anyone including the students to come to the games. Win games, beat a quality opponent, play an exciting brand of basketball and the fans will come back. Hiring a brand name coach is just the first step. Don't think that's asking too much of UAB Basketball.

Also this
09-10-2020 08:33 AM
WesternBlazer Offline
Hall of Famer

FYI. I spoke to the ticket office yesterday. They still do not know if there will be social distancing.
09-10-2020 08:49 AM
BlazerGreen Offline
All American

I Root For: UAB, Goals
(09-10-2020 08:32 AM)HiddenDragon Wrote:  I actually think it's time for UAB Basketball to put up or shut up. The last 4 years hasn't inspired anyone including the students to come to the games. Win games, beat a quality opponent, play an exciting brand of basketball and the fans will come back. Hiring a brand name coach is just the first step. Don't think that's asking too much of UAB Basketball.

Agree. Putting the horse in front of the cart usually works better.
09-10-2020 09:11 AM
hooverblazer Online
Promoter of UAB

Love it. I've always thought the big dragon head was the better mid court logo.
09-10-2020 09:27 AM
Advertisement

BlazerFromMD Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: UAB, USNA

UAB actually took that first step. Now it's up to fans to reciprocate. Unfortunately, some 'fans' won't do that until everything is perfect in their eyes.
09-10-2020 09:27 AM
HiddenDragon Offline
Banned

I Root For:
BlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk Award
(09-10-2020 09:27 AM)BlazerFromMD Wrote:  

UAB actually took that first step. Now it's up to fans to reciprocate. Unfortunately, some 'fans' won't do that until everything is perfect in their eyes.

And like you put in bold I acknowledged that. But more needs to be done by the basketball program. That's just the way it is. Just simply putting the name "UAB" across the chest of the jersey isn't enough for people to invest in a product; you gotta win games! And not only win games but games with some importance that will garner national attention.

We're not in the 80s, 90s, and early 2000s when the name "UAB Basketball" was synonymous with winning. We're living in the "what have you done for me lately" world and unfortunately lately UAB Bball hasn't done much.
(This post was last modified: 09-10-2020 10:55 AM by HiddenDragon.)
09-10-2020 10:55 AM
BlazerGreen Offline
All American

I Root For: UAB, Goals

Hard to say what attendance will be like with the pandemic situation but I think there will be an uptick from the beginning. Maybe not huge but an improvement. If the team is impressive, the crowds will grow from there.
09-10-2020 11:10 AM
scottycolsonblazer Offline
Water Engineer

(09-10-2020 11:10 AM)BlazerGreen Wrote:  

Hard to say what attendance will be like with the pandemic situation but I think there will be an uptick from the beginning. Maybe not huge but an improvement. If the team is impressive, the crowds will grow from there.
Excited and looks great. I have been a good boy and followed pretty close my family's plan to keep me from getting sick...not sure I will even be able to use my football tickets this year. But Basketball...I will dress in scuba gear for that COGS
The last couple of years season tickets and attending games was more of a duty than a pleasure. I look forward to the beginning of our return to relevance. When we dumped Ehsan and hired Andy were the two best days of a crappy year.
09-10-2020 01:31 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.