Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

EMU Activism
Bookmark and Share
dansplaining Offline
All American

I Root For: EMU - DCFC
EMU Activism
https://www.mlive.com/wolverines/2020/08...arbor.html

I am incredibly proud of Tariq Speights and Chris Creighton for the involvement in this event. Speights in particular - taking a leadership roll in getting this planned. I just could not be more proud.
08-31-2020 06:21 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

emu79 Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: emu
RE: EMU Activism
(08-31-2020 06:21 AM)dansplaining Wrote:  https://www.mlive.com/wolverines/2020/08...arbor.html

I am incredibly proud of Tariq Speights and Chris Creighton for the involvement in this event. Speights in particular - taking a leadership roll in getting this planned. I just could not be more proud.

Impact men.
08-31-2020 07:40 AM
cidbearit Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: MSU
(08-31-2020 06:21 AM)dansplaining Wrote:  https://www.mlive.com/wolverines/2020/08...arbor.html

As a father of an EMU Football player, this further reinforces my confidence in Coach Creighton and the value he brings to the program. His coaching goes well beyond the field. Years from now these young men will no longer be on the field, but they will have strength in character that CC helped develop.

On another note, CC's counterpart in Ann Arbor is conspicuous in his absence. Perhaps he's off on a virtual sleepover with a recruit.
08-31-2020 07:56 AM
emu steve Offline
Legend

I Root For: EMU / MAC
(08-31-2020 07:56 AM)cidbearit Wrote:  

As a father of an EMU Football player, this further reinforces my confidence in Coach Creighton and the value he brings to the program. His coaching goes well beyond the field. Years from now these young men will no longer be on the field, but they will have strength in character that CC helped develop.

On another note, CC's counterpart in Ann Arbor is conspicuous in his absence. Perhaps he's off on a virtual sleepover with a recruit.

I am having a case study in life following two schools/programs:

1) EMU FB,

2). Howard University in D.C.

As indicated above, C.C. is one of the really unheralded, underrated coaches in CFB. He does a first class job in the shadows of that school in Ann Arbor.

Secondly, Howard University. Howard is a very fine academic school in D.C. It has mediocre (and that might be kind) athletics so it doesn't get the acclaim it deserves.

And yes athletics is the front porch to a school's reputation. As I've mentioned before UNLV was noted for its MBB, not its academics, 30 years ago.

The list of HU alums is breathtaking.

This year the school got a 40M transformation gift from Jeff Bezos' ex-wife, 5-star recruit Makur Maker signed to play MBB, HU alum Kamala Harris was selected as a VP candidate, and sadly, HU alum and star, Chadwick Boseman died this weekend.

BTW, HU has had President Obama (2016), Kamala Harris (2017), Chadwick Boseman (2018) and fmr. Atlanta mayor, Kasim Reed (2019) as their commencement speaker.

I heard Obama from "outside the fence" and attended one other commencement as an invited guest.

If any potential student, student-athlete, etc. is reading this, don't just pick a college by name id, don't just 'kick the tires', etc. Do your homework. Look under the hood. Use the Internet. Look for that gem which is under the radar.

BTW, no slam at Central Michigan Univ, but CMU also stands for Carnegie Mellon University, a very prestigious univ without D-1 sports.
(This post was last modified: 08-31-2020 08:33 AM by emu steve.)
08-31-2020 08:25 AM
Advertisement

dansplaining Offline
All American

I Root For: EMU - DCFC

In the 60s a lot of the anti-war protests in the area were planned at EMU. I simply love to see this kind of thing. It's also my understanding that CC is getting everyone registered to vote?
08-31-2020 10:44 AM
cidbearit Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: MSU
(08-31-2020 10:44 AM)dansplaining Wrote:  

In the 60s a lot of the anti-war protests in the area were planned at EMU. I simply love to see this kind of thing. It's also my understanding that CC is getting everyone registered to vote?

I don't recall who, but there are some players coordinating the voter registration effort. I don't know if that push came form the players themselves or from CC.
08-31-2020 12:49 PM
emu steve Offline
Legend

I Root For: EMU / MAC
(08-31-2020 12:49 PM)cidbearit Wrote:  
(08-31-2020 10:44 AM)dansplaining Wrote:  

I don't recall who, but there are some players coordinating the voter registration effort. I don't know if that push came form the players themselves or from CC.

I like the idea of student-athletes and 'just plain students' voting.

Students should be the best and brightest and be good citizens and vote and do other things that good citizens do.
08-31-2020 01:12 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.