Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)
Open TigerLinks

Question for Tiger Games...
Bookmark and Share
ImaTiger Offline
We fight like Tigers!

I Root For: I am a 901Tiger
I assume we are gonna do the BLM names on jerseys and kneeling at the anthem stuff for the rest of 2020.

But I'm just curious what does a Jersey look like in 2021; and if we play the anthem what do we do in the stands post 2020?

For some history; in 1931 we blessed the current anthem. It was played at all public events (even Movies). Veterans saluted, people removed their hats, non-vets put their hand over their hearts. Sometime after that we skipped the hand over heart thing, only played it at sporting and political events (no movies, no church, no concert playing of the anthem) and just stood with gentleman's hats off (ladies keep it on it's part of the 'attire') - before yelling go to hell ole miss.

So what new rules do we want?
08-23-2020 07:04 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Tigerx3 Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Memphis
RE: Question for Tiger Games...
(08-23-2020 07:04 AM)ImaTiger Wrote:  I assume we are gonna do the BLM names on jerseys and kneeling at the anthem stuff for the rest of 2020.

But I'm just curious what does a Jersey look like in 2021; and if we play the anthem what do we do in the stands post 2020?

For some history; in 1931 we blessed the current anthem. It was played at all public events (even Movies). Veterans saluted, people removed their hats, non-vets put their hand over their hearts. Sometime after that we skipped the hand over heart thing, only played it at sporting and political events (no movies, no church, no concert playing of the anthem) and just stood with gentleman's hats off (ladies keep it on it's part of the 'attire') - before yelling go to hell ole miss.

Wrong board for this discussion. Polity belong here.
08-23-2020 07:33 AM
wylioats Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Memphis Tigers
With pride, I’ll always stand with hand over heart and sing the anthem and if someone has a problem with it, I’d have no problem in telling them to go f**k themselves.
08-23-2020 07:49 AM
uskjtc02 Away
Heisman

(08-23-2020 07:49 AM)wylioats Wrote:  With pride, I’ll always stand with hand over heart and sing the anthem and if someone has a problem with it, I’d have no problem in telling them to go f**k themselves.

+1000 amen brother!!!
08-23-2020 08:10 AM
tnzazz Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Memphis Tigers!
I’m a hat off and hand over heart guy myself and that won’t change. I personally have no problem with the players kneeling.

Nashville SC played at Dallas a week or two ago and their fans booed when both teams kneeled during the anthem. Made for an ugly scene. The comments afterward were interesting.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
08-23-2020 09:45 AM
covingtontiger Offline
Heisman

Donators
(08-23-2020 09:45 AM)tnzazz Wrote:  I’m a hat off and hand over heart guy myself and that won’t change. I personally have no problem with the players kneeling.

Nashville SC played at Dallas a week or two ago and their fans booed when both teams kneeled during the anthem. Made for an ugly scene. The comments afterward were interesting.

I have already wondered what response our Tiger fans would give if players kneel during the anthem. We’ll see.
08-23-2020 01:09 PM
Advertisement

AlonsoWDC Offline
Hall of Famer

Well the pieces of sh*t that boo our own players will probably be the same pieces of sh*t that boo our own players.

Wish they would just go to WalMart, buy some Alabama shirts, and never return to LBMS.
08-23-2020 01:40 PM
Herff Tiger Offline
Heisman

I Root For: T-I-G-E-R-S
(08-23-2020 07:04 AM)ImaTiger Wrote:  I assume we are gonna do the BLM names on jerseys and kneeling at the anthem stuff for the rest of 2020.

I noticed, I don't know 10 or 15 years ago, maybe 20, people in the stands with their hands over their hearts for the anthem. Maybe there was a sprinkling before that, but at some point I began to notice a significant percentage. In rural West TN grade school, we put our hands over our hearts for the pledge of allegiance and stood at "attention" (not strict military style) for the anthem. The hand over your heart making a pledge made sense to me, not so much for listening to an inspirational song.
08-23-2020 02:11 PM
ImaTiger Offline
We fight like Tigers!

(08-23-2020 02:11 PM)Herff Tiger Wrote:  I noticed, I don't know 10 or 15 years ago, maybe 20, people in the stands with their hands over their hearts for the anthem. Maybe there was a sprinkling before that, but at some point I began to notice a significant percentage. In rural West TN grade school, we put our hands over our hearts for the pledge of allegiance and stood at "attention" (not strict military style) for the anthem. The hand over your heart making a pledge made sense to me, not so much for listening to an inspirational song.

I feel like in the early 80's everyone (89%) had their hand over their heart but I could be confused with the 70's.

I just hope everyone shows some patience and understanding when we get back to normal in 2021. That normal probably won't be what happened at games in 1985. But really what happened in 2018 wasn't exactly what happened in 1985 anyway.
08-23-2020 03:17 PM
macgar32 Offline
Legend

(08-23-2020 07:49 AM)wylioats Wrote:  With pride, I’ll always stand with hand over heart and sing the anthem and if someone has a problem with it, I’d have no problem in telling them to go f**k themselves.

100% agree that you should

But you should understand if someone tells you to go f**k yourself if you say something about them kneeling.
(This post was last modified: 08-23-2020 04:03 PM by macgar32.)
08-23-2020 04:02 PM
Hernando Hills Tiger Offline
High score: 819 (credit)

I Root For: USA

DonatorsFolding@NCAAbbsFolding@NCAAbbs
(08-23-2020 01:40 PM)AlonsoWDC Wrote:  Well the pieces of sh*t that boo our own players will probably be the same pieces of sh*t that boo our own players.

Wish they would just go to WalMart, buy some Alabama shirts, and never return to LBMS.

Boo on you alfonso.
08-23-2020 04:37 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

ImaTiger Offline
We fight like Tigers!

(08-23-2020 04:37 PM)Hernando Hills Tiger Wrote:  
(08-23-2020 01:40 PM)AlonsoWDC Wrote:  Well the pieces of sh*t that boo our own players will probably be the same pieces of sh*t that boo our own players.

Boo on you alfonso.

I agree; alfonso look i just unblocked you. Lets get kinder gentler. People who boo our own have mental issues and deserve only pity.
08-23-2020 05:15 PM
snowtiger Offline
Hall of Flamers

I Root For: W's!!!
I just stand up and sing it. loudly lol very loudly. on key

I don't care if people sit stand lie-down kneel or squat....Anyone who doesn't sing it...i tell 'em to f**k
off.

p.s. I only boo refs, umpires and zebras.
(This post was last modified: 08-24-2020 12:18 AM by snowtiger.)
08-23-2020 11:59 PM
ImaTiger Offline
We fight like Tigers!

(08-23-2020 11:59 PM)snowtiger Wrote:  I just stand up and sing it. loudly lol very loudly. on key

I don't care if people sit stand lie-down kneel or squat....Anyone who doesn't sing it...i tell 'em to f**k
off.

p.s. I only boo refs, umpires and zebras.

I sing too; but only if someone else isn't. Really hard to keep up with the 'interpretations' these days. But one thing I always do whether I or anyone sings is the symbol crashes at the beginning! Makes the song!

Bah ba bah bah bah bah (oh say can you see)
{CRASH}
Bah ba bah bah bah bah (by the dawn's early light)
{CRASH}
etc..
08-24-2020 05:26 AM
tnzazz Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Memphis Tigers!
(08-23-2020 01:09 PM)covingtontiger Wrote:  
(08-23-2020 09:45 AM)tnzazz Wrote:  I’m a hat off and hand over heart guy myself and that won’t change. I personally have no problem with the players kneeling.

I have already wondered what response our Tiger fans would give if players kneel during the anthem. We’ll see.

I think just about anywhere in the South will have some booing. It will be interesting how it plays out.

08-24-2020 08:49 AM
uskjtc02 Away
Heisman

03-hissyfit
08-24-2020 09:09 AM
Advertisement

aardWolf Offline
Heisman

How quickly we've gone from "just let them protest" to "you're not allowed to be a Memphis fan if you don't agree with their protest"
08-24-2020 09:23 AM
fsquid Offline
Legend

I Root For: Memphis, Queens (NC)

CrappiesCrappiesCrappiesCrappiesMemphis Hall of Fame
Pretty sure the anthem is played while both teams are in the locker room for football or are we talking basketball?
08-24-2020 09:40 AM
snowtiger Offline
Hall of Flamers

(08-24-2020 09:40 AM)fsquid Wrote:  Pretty sure the anthem is played while both teams are in the locker room for football or are we talking basketball?

There you go again — defusing their fun . It was building to such a pretty crescendo. O well I digress

But I’m pretty sure they’d rather go with their guts, or lack thereof, and position themselves on opposite sides—booing their players and hurling self righteous insults that fizzle like so many duds

Unlike the bombs bursting in air lol
08-24-2020 10:37 AM
snowtiger Offline
Hall of Flamers

It’s really a shame someone hasn’t mastered the art of booing out his buttocks on demand— because that’s what fans show when they boo their own players for taking the field in these trying times—Booing fans just their own asses. lol

I swear some people need two masks — one at the top and one at the bottom.
08-24-2020 10:44 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.