Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Hypothetical Schedule adding Army, Air Force, and BYU*
Foreverandever Offline
Heisman

I Root For: &
Exclamation Hypothetical Schedule adding Army, Air Force, and BYU*
Couldn't sleep last night worked on a problem. This scenario is football only for those three. AFA goes WCC with BYU, or Summit, Big Sky, or WAC for Olympics. Academies get put into the same deal as Navy with CBSsports tier. BYU gets pulled in with original ESPN deal or added to the new adjusted ESPN deal, which would add in BYU home games, one non Commander-in-Chief for each of Army and Air Force home game, and all conference away games. We keep basketball at 11, go to a full round robin.

To prevent Army and Navy from playing in conference, Air Force will substitute for Army or Navy in their schedule, the asterisk is the year they represent the other Academy. This would likely require a waiver from the NCAA since division less conference play would mandate all teams playing each other in a certain number of years. Considering the special status of the game and that it is played yearly would make such an exception likely. The only way for Navy and Army to meet as conference opponents is in the championship game. If that were to happen the Army Navy game would become the championship. The Army Navy game pay out would be used to make whole the conference for losing the ESPN pay out for the game. To make this as unlikely as possible if multiple teams are tied for second place and Navy or Army is determined to be in the championship, the second Academy is eliminated via special tie breaker rule.

Everyone will play their permanent games (3) every year and either Group A or Group B (5) for two years to complete a home and home series. Everyone (except the Navy/Army) will play each other home and away at least once every four years.

Commander-in-Chief trophy play will happen on the Saturday closest to Veteran’s day (Nov 11) and Thanksgiving week. This will be great for publicity, to promote the rivalries, and gives all three Academies something to compete for despite record at the end of the season, which ensures they will be attractive for television networks, maximizing their impact. The Academies arrangement will also free up OOC games to manage their schedules. Even Navy with the Notre Dame and Army series gains some flexibility that could be increased with games against Hawaii, something all three have done in the past. The four OOC games will allow Air Force to play regional teams and rivals easing some travel from the move.

Privates and the Academies are set to ensure multiple games against each other each year and to prevent any program from playing more than two Academies every year. Rivalries, geography, and unique program desires were used, its not perfect, but given that you will play every team twice in four years should ease any burdens. Having two teams in Florida and Texas allowed for most schools to play in each state every other year at leas. Similarly I split Cincinnati and Temple to put teams in Ohio or Pennsylvania regularly. I used BYU, but really any team could be plugged into that spot, the main purpose was to preserve emerging dynamics and schedule around the Army/Navy game which is a hurdle that will have to be overcome to pull off such an add.

Team
Permanent> #Group A $Group B
5 rotating 5 rotating

Air Force
BYU> #Tulsa $Tulane
Army> #Houston $SMU
Navy> #Cincinnati $Memphis
>>>>>> #ECU $Temple
>>>>>>>> #UCF $USF

Army
USF> #Air Force* $Air Force
Cincinnati> #SMU $Tulsa
Tulane> #Memphis $Temple
>>>>>>>>> #BYU $Houston
>>>>>>>>> #ECU $UCF

Navy
Temple> #Air Force $Air Force*
ECU> #Tulsa $Tulane
SMU> #Memphis $Cincinnati
>>>>>> #BYU $Houston
>>>>>> #UCF $USF

BYU
Air Force> #SMU $Tulane
Tulsa> #Memphis $Cincinnati
Houston> #Temple $ECU
>>>>>>>> #Army $Navy
>>>>>>>> #UCF $USF

Cincinnati
Memphis> #Air Force $Navy
Army> #Houston $SMU
Temple> #Tulsa $BYU
>>>>>>>> #ECU $Tulane
>>>>>>>> #UCF $USF

ECU
Navy> #Army $Air Force
UCF> #Houston $SMU
USF> #BYU $Temple
>>>>> #Tulsa $Tulane
>>>>>> #Cincinnati $Memphis

Houston
SMU> #Navy $Army
Tulsa> #Tulane $Air Force
BYU> #Cincinnati $Memphis
>>>>>>>> #Temple $ECU
>>>>>>> #UCF $USF

Memphis
Cincinnati> #Navy $Army
Tulane> #BYU $Air Force
UCF> #USF $Houston
>>>>>>> #SMU $Tulsa
>>>>>>> #ECU $Temple

SMU
Navy> #Army $Air Force
Tulsa> #Memphis $Cincinnati
Houston> #Temple $ECU
>>>>>>> #BYU $Tulane
>>>>>>> #UCF $USF

Temple
Navy> #Army $Air Force
Cincinnati> #BYU $Houston
Tulane> #SMU $Tulsa
>>>>>>> #Memphis $ECU
>>>>>> #UCF $USF

Tulane
Army> #Navy $Air Force
Memphis> #SMU $Tulsa
Temple> #BYU $Houston
>>>>>> #Cincinnati $ECU
>>>>>> #UCF $USF

Tulsa
Houston> #Navy $Army
SMU> #Air Force $Tulane
BYU> #Temple $ECU
>>>>>> #Cincinnati $Memphis
>>>>>> #UCF $USF

UCF
USF> #Navy $Army
ECU> #Tulsa $Tulane
Memphis> #Houston $BYU
>>>>>>> #Temple $Cincinnati
>>>>>>> #Air Force $SMU

USF
UCF> #Air Force $Navy
ECU> #Temple $BYU
Army> #Memphis $Cincinnati
>>>>>> #SMU $Houston
>>>>>> #Tulane $Tulsa
08-19-2020 01:16 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

panama Offline
Legend

I Root For: Georgia STATE
.[Image: 48c72223f2dd0d1bb917412a5b27595b.gif]

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
08-19-2020 01:32 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Fighting Muskie Online
Senior Chief Realignmentologist

I Root For: Ohio St, UC,MAC
RE: Hypothetical Schedule adding Army, Air Force, and BYU*
It would be easier to just bring Army into the East and slide Memphis over and then add AFA and BYU to the West.

Give AFA-Army a protected rivalry. Navy just never plays Army in a crossover game.
08-19-2020 03:23 PM
panama Offline
Legend

I Root For: Georgia STATE
Are we in offseason mode already?

08-19-2020 03:49 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

MidknightWhiskey Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: UCF
(08-19-2020 03:23 PM)Fighting Muskie Wrote:  It would be easier to just bring Army into the East and slide Memphis over and then add AFA and BYU to the West.

Give AFA-Army a protected rivalry. Navy just never plays Army in a crossover game.

If 1 team has to be moved from west to east it needs to be Tulane to keep the divisions balanced.
(This post was last modified: 08-19-2020 04:14 PM by MidknightWhiskey.)
08-19-2020 04:09 PM
panite Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Owls-SC-RU-Navy
(08-19-2020 03:49 PM)panama Wrote:  Are we in offseason mode already?

Kind off - sort of - the season hasn't started yet. 05-stirthepot 01-donnankungfu 04-wine
08-19-2020 04:10 PM
Foreverandever Offline
Heisman

(08-19-2020 04:09 PM)MidknightWhiskey Wrote:  
(08-19-2020 03:23 PM)Fighting Muskie Wrote:  It would be easier to just bring Army into the East and slide Memphis over and then add AFA and BYU to the West.

If 1 team has to be moved from west to east it needs to be Tulane to keep the divisions balanced.

Navy wants in the west to play the private schools (oddly enough this scenario would include BYU in that). Memphis and Cincinnati is a natural rivalry that has shown up every where except in football. Army would be much happier playing the private schools since they like AFA and Navy have restrictions/limitations that a UCF or even a Temple doesn't. Beyond that I think everyone is over the divisions, the conferences at 14 or bigger it just isn't as rewarding look at the SEC and their once every seven years or whatever. The ACC has played conference teams OOC to get a fix. I think like the add on made for the Big XII round robin to get a championship game, a non-divisional, non-round robin, rule will be worked out. Most likely with a requirement that all teams play in certain years and a minimum of eight conference games.

That set up also works well for the American even with out adds. In this scenario I think it works best to cover everyone's needs pretty well. It allows for steady travel games, for everyone to get into fertile recruiting grounds, the Academies and everyone really to have a national profile, and it prevents anyone from having to play more than two Academies which to be fair can be rough on the knees.
08-19-2020 04:32 PM
Advertisement

Carolina_Low_Country Offline
1st String

I Root For: Go Pirates
Army
Temple
NAVY
Cincinnati
ECU
UCF
USF

Memphis
Tulane
Houston
SMU
Tulsa
Air Force
BYU

8 conference games, 2 permanent crossovers for Air Force. Everyone else rotates.
AF can schedule Wyoming and CSU out of conference. Same as Army and Navy out of conference so they still gives them two flexible non conference games. Navy now has 3 non conference opening vs just the one. It’s a win win for everyone.
(This post was last modified: 08-19-2020 08:20 PM by Carolina_Low_Country.)
08-19-2020 08:16 PM
Memphis Yankee Online
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Memphis
(08-19-2020 08:16 PM)Carolina_Low_Country Wrote:  Army
Temple
NAVY
Cincinnati
ECU
UCF
USF

Memphis
Tulane
Houston
SMU
Tulsa
Air Force
BYU

8 conference games, 2 permanent crossovers for Air Force. Everyone else rotates.
AF can schedule Wyoming and CSU out of conference. Same as Army and Navy out of conference so they still gives them two flexible non conference games. Navy now has 3 non conference opening vs just the one. It’s a win win for everyone.

Selfishly I don't want to play the option three times in a season. No thanks. I love Navy but Memphis sucks against the option. Too many injuries playing against that. Navy's the best of the bunch and that's good enough for me. Army is way too arrogant for whatever reason. Air Force maybe. Maybe.

Boyzee, BYU, and SDSU makes the most sense to me. Awesome city with two other great fan bases. That's the sizzle.
08-19-2020 09:39 PM
Pony94 Offline

I Root For: SMU
(08-19-2020 09:39 PM)Memphis Yankee Wrote:  
Temple
NAVY
Cincinnati
ECU
UCF
USF

Memphis
Tulane
Houston
SMU
Tulsa
Air Force
BYU

Selfishly I don't want to play the option three times in a season. No thanks. I love Navy but Memphis sucks against the option. Too many injuries playing against that. Navy's the best of the bunch and that's good enough for me. Army is way too arrogant for whatever reason. Air Force maybe. Maybe.

Boyzee, BYU, and SDSU makes the most sense to me. Awesome city with two other great fan bases. That's the sizzle.

Once is enough for the triple option or the AAC better let us recruit 50 players for the defense
08-19-2020 09:40 PM
Advertisement

Foreverandever Offline
Heisman

(08-19-2020 09:40 PM)Pony94 Wrote:  
Temple
NAVY
Cincinnati
ECU
UCF
USF

Memphis
Tulane
Houston
SMU
Tulsa
Air Force
BYU

Once is enough for the triple option or the AAC better let us recruit 50 players for the defense

Not to mention Army Navy don't want to give up their special game. Navy is in the west by choice and does not want in the east and I doubt anyone will be doing divisions after next year.

Which is why I constructed it the way I did, it basically gives everyone what they want.
08-19-2020 10:25 PM
Memphis Yankee Online
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Memphis
Temple
NAVY
Cincinnati
ECU
UCF
USF

Memphis
Tulane
Houston
SMU
Tulsa
Air Force
BYU

Looks like we're on the same page.
08-19-2020 11:35 PM
Attackcoog Online

I Root For: Houston
(08-19-2020 03:49 PM)panama Wrote:  Are we in offseason mode already?

Ummm---maybe because its still off-season?
08-20-2020 12:36 AM
SMUstang Offline
Banned

I Root For: SMU Mustangs
(08-19-2020 11:35 PM)Memphis Yankee Wrote:  
Temple
NAVY
Cincinnati
ECU
UCF
USF

Memphis
Tulane
Houston
SMU
Tulsa
Air Force
BYU

Looks like we're on the same page.

I don't think BYU is ever going to come as long as Utah is P5. Colorado State might if we didn't give Boise State any special deals and CSU earned as much as BSU. But only if we play this fall and the MWC doesn't.
08-20-2020 12:54 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.