Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

MWC teams reaching out to the AAC
MidknightWhiskey Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: UCF

My first reaction was Air Force but I'm thinking round 2 of Boise & SDSU.

08-15-2020 10:03 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Hurricane Drummer Offline
All American

I Root For: Tulsa
RE: MWC teams reaching out to the AAC
Adding Boise, SDSU, and Air Force would make quite the addition. It would even us up, and be enough western teams to maybe make it worthwhile. Idk if it could work out, but it would definitely push us closer to P6 than G5.
08-15-2020 11:22 AM
Attackcoog Offline

I Root For: Houston
I read something on twitter that gives some credence to this rumor. The MW exit fee is apparently equal to the schools last year of conference revenue. If accurate, if you were going to move—this year might be the year to do it.
(This post was last modified: 08-15-2020 11:41 AM by Attackcoog.)
08-15-2020 11:40 AM
SMUstang Offline
Banned

I Root For: SMU Mustangs
(08-15-2020 11:22 AM)Hurricane Drummer Wrote:  Adding Boise, SDSU, and Air Force would make quite the addition. It would even us up, and be enough western teams to maybe make it worthwhile. Idk if it could work out, but it would definitely push us closer to P6 than G5.

The problem with adding those 3 is they wouldn't want to be "all sports" and there is no place to park their olympic sports, unless the MWC would agree to keep them which I seriously doubt. Maybe they could be added for this football season only, but not as permanent members.
(This post was last modified: 08-15-2020 11:56 AM by SMUstang.)
08-15-2020 11:52 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
IamYourDad Offline
Banned

(08-15-2020 11:52 AM)SMUstang Wrote:  
(08-15-2020 11:22 AM)Hurricane Drummer Wrote:  Adding Boise, SDSU, and Air Force would make quite the addition. It would even us up, and be enough western teams to maybe make it worthwhile. Idk if it could work out, but it would definitely push us closer to P6 than G5.

The problem with adding those 3 is they wouldn't want to be "all sports" and there is no place to park their olympic sports, unless the MWC would agree to keep them which I seriously doubt. Maybe they could be added for this football season only, but not as permanent members.

Big Sky is a possibility
08-15-2020 12:00 PM
IamYourDad Offline
Banned

Would be awesome, basically locking us in for the NY6 every year. And if there is ever an 8 team playoff with a G5 stipulation, we would be a lock in there too. I hope there is some validity to this rumor and not just Boise kicking the tires again
08-15-2020 12:01 PM
Advertisement

Attackcoog Offline

I Root For: Houston
Boise has a special deal with the MW that pays them pretty well. I'd have to think that anyone from the MW "reaching out" to the AAC would be in the front range. Colorado State doesnt have a special deal---thus they actually make less than the "average" payout quoted for MW teams due to the special deal for Boise. That also means that CSU has a locked in financial disadvantage when competing against Boise. The key to me with CSU being a MW member very likely to reach out is their stadium. Colorado St funded their new 240 million dollar stadium completely with debt. The bond payments are to be paid with revenue streams created by stadium operations. Furthermore, the stadium bond payments are tiered and jump 4 million this year to 12 million a year. There will be no revenue from that stadium in 2020. Thats a problem.

New Mexico, Wyoming, or Air Force would be other front range schools that could view the AAC as a viable option.
(This post was last modified: 08-15-2020 12:32 PM by Attackcoog.)
08-15-2020 12:29 PM
All American

(08-15-2020 12:29 PM)Attackcoog Wrote:  Boise has a special deal with the MW that pays them pretty well. I'd have to think that anyone from the MW "reaching out" to the AAC would be in the front range. Colorado State doesnt have a special deal---thus they actually make less than the "average" payout quoted for MW teams due to the special deal for Boise. That also means that CSU has a locked in financial disadvantage when competing against Boise. The key to me with CSU being a MW member very likely to reach out is their stadium. Colorado St funded their new 240 million dollar stadium completely with debt. The bond payments are to be paid with revenue streams created by stadium operations. Furthermore, the stadium bond payments are tiered and jump 4 million this year to 12 million a year. There will be no revenue from that stadium in 2020. Thats a problem.

New Mexico, Wyoming, or Air Force would be other front range schools that could view the AAC as a viable option.

Any of those wouldn't be bad adds except maybe New Mexico.
08-15-2020 12:43 PM
Foreverandever Offline
Heisman

I Root For: &
(08-15-2020 12:29 PM)Attackcoog Wrote:  Boise has a special deal with the MW that pays them pretty well. I'd have to think that anyone from the MW "reaching out" to the AAC would be in the front range. Colorado State doesnt have a special deal---thus they actually make less than the "average" payout quoted for MW teams due to the special deal for Boise. That also means that CSU has a locked in financial disadvantage when competing against Boise. The key to me with CSU being a MW member very likely to reach out is their stadium. Colorado St funded their new 240 million dollar stadium completely with debt. The bond payments are to be paid with revenue streams created by stadium operations. Furthermore, the stadium bond payments are tiered and jump 4 million this year to 12 million a year. There will be no revenue from that stadium in 2020. Thats a problem.

Boise likes being the "Texas" of the MW and our side is not fans of them, they get more money so I agree it isn't them. They just like to ***** because they think they deserve better that wouldn't change here. I doubt anyone wants to deal with that nonsense for a limited return.

New Mexico is in a lot of financial trouble and their governor is being pretty strict.

Wyoming doesn't do much for us.

SDSU the Cal State system isn't having in person classes, the budget is getting cut in the state, now they are going to fly across the country? I would say that is a no.

CSU is always a good choice with somebody but rarely by themselves, they are a mess, coaching scandal, covid issues, and now pandemic ensured finacial issues with the bonds. Tag them along with AFA though and they make a ton of sense.

AFA is definitely one of them, we are the closest schools playing to them and the Navy connection. Also the MW has already approved some games, so they probably know they can get a pass for this year.

My guess is two schools have contacted us, but only one is MW, C. Austin is terrible at this. But BYU and AFA make sense and we know are playing this year, they are both teams in the geographic mountain west. Plus if they are contemplating a permanent change BYU would be able to put in a good word with the WCC.

If any thing is happening that's the way it looks to me.
08-15-2020 12:47 PM
BraveKnight Offline
All American

(08-15-2020 12:43 PM)Hurricane Drummer Wrote:  

Any of those wouldn't be bad adds except maybe New Mexico.
We don’t want Wyoming.
08-15-2020 12:48 PM
Pony94 Offline

I Root For: SMU
(08-15-2020 12:47 PM)Foreverandever Wrote:  

Boise likes being the "Texas" of the MW and our side is not fans of them, they get more money so I agree it isn't them. They just like to ***** because they think they deserve better that wouldn't change here. I doubt anyone wants to deal with that nonsense for a limited return.

New Mexico is in a lot of financial trouble and their governor is being pretty strict.

SDSU the Cal State system isn't having in person classes, the budget is getting cut in the state, now they are going to fly across the country? I would say that is a no.

CSU is always a good choice with somebody but rarely by themselves, they are a mess, coaching scandal, covid issues, and now pandemic ensured finacial issues with the bonds. Tag them along with AFA though and they make a ton of sense.

AFA is definitely one of them, we are the closest schools playing to them and the Navy connection. Also the MW has already approved some games, so they probably know they can get a pass for this year.

My guess is two schools have contacted us, but only one is MW, C. Austin is terrible at this. But BYU and AFA make sense and we know are playing this year, they are both teams in the geographic mountain west. Plus if they are contemplating a permanent change BYU would be able to put in a good word with the WCC.

Guy got his “scoop” of the Boise board.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
08-15-2020 12:49 PM
Advertisement

KnightNasty Offline
Special Teams

The sour grapes about Boise on here is staggering lol...
08-15-2020 12:56 PM
Pony94 Offline

08-15-2020 12:58 PM
Foreverandever Offline
Heisman

(08-15-2020 12:49 PM)Pony94 Wrote:  
(08-15-2020 12:47 PM)Foreverandever Wrote:  

Guy got his “scoop” of the Boise board.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

07-coffee3
08-15-2020 01:10 PM
usffan Offline
Heisman

I Root For: USF
I'm not saying that this has no chance, but I'd trust C. Austin Cox's "multiple sources" about as much as I'd trust discount sushi from a 7-Eleven in Tulsa...

USFFan
08-15-2020 01:10 PM
Foreverandever Offline
Heisman

(08-15-2020 01:10 PM)usffan Wrote:  I'm not saying that this has no chance, but I'd trust C. Austin Cox's "multiple sources" about as much as I'd trust discount sushi from a 7-Eleven in Tulsa...

USFFan

Listen, you take that back right now. I have never in my life, that is just so insulting, basically calling us trash, I mean I get insulting C. Austin Cox, who doesn't? Over the line though, basically spit in our face and then slapped us.

Tulsa is the home of Quik Trip, fondly known as QT, we don't allow 7-11s. Please refrain from implying we would accept such a place when we have the cleanest, friendliest convience store with a fully functioning QT kitchens in each one.

7-11 is some dirty OKC type store.
08-15-2020 01:17 PM
Advertisement

MWC Tex Offline
Heisman

I Root For: MW
(08-15-2020 12:00 PM)IamYourDad Wrote:  
(08-15-2020 11:52 AM)SMUstang Wrote:  

Big Sky is a possibility

WAC actually.
08-15-2020 07:55 PM
MWC Tex Offline
Heisman

I Root For: MW
Doesn’t surprise me that MW schools are reaching out. See that the AAC is playing and the MW isn’t, doesn’t set well. Namely Boise and Air Force. AF must be a little upset the Army and Navy are playing and they can’t.
08-15-2020 08:01 PM
All American

(08-15-2020 01:17 PM)Foreverandever Wrote:  
(08-15-2020 01:10 PM)usffan Wrote:  I'm not saying that this has no chance, but I'd trust C. Austin Cox's "multiple sources" about as much as I'd trust discount sushi from a 7-Eleven in Tulsa...

USFFan

Listen, you take that back right now. I have never in my life, that is just so insulting, basically calling us trash, I mean I get insulting C. Austin Cox, who doesn't? Over the line though, basically spit in our face and then slapped us.

Tulsa is the home of Quik Trip, fondly known as QT, we don't allow 7-11s. Please refrain from implying we would accept such a place when we have the cleanest, friendliest convience store with a fully functioning QT kitchens in each one.

7-11 is some dirty OKC type store.

Florida noob in here thinking Tulsa has 7/11's. Lulz
08-15-2020 08:27 PM
Pony94 Offline

Oklahoma cracks me up. Here for a wedding and the last three meals the servers have asked if black pepper, onions or bell peppers are too spicy.

Even the waitress at Jimmy’s Egg said to watch out for the omelette as the chef likes black pepper.
08-15-2020 08:30 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.