Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)
Open TigerLinks

questions from a Vol
Bookmark and Share
africavol Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: UT
questions from a Vol
how are things going with Tiger football practices so far?
looks like you guys have completed 6 practices!! good deal any issues yet?
so have they said anything about possible crowd size for game #1 on Sept 5th
I hope we have college football next month!!
how are local high school football teams in Memphis doing so far with the covid?
we are doing great to this point in Williamson county 1st game next friday
08-14-2020 09:04 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Tigerx3 Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Memphis
RE: questions from a Vol
(08-14-2020 09:04 AM)africavol Wrote:  how are things going with Tiger football practices so far?
looks like you guys have completed 6 practices!! good deal any issues yet?
so have they said anything about possible crowd size for game #1 on Sept 5th
I hope we have college football next month!!
how are local high school football teams in Memphis doing so far with the covid?
we are doing great to this point in Williamson county 1st game next friday

First few days sans pads so hard to tell. Certainly enthusiastic. Looks like most came back in decent shape/ Skill guys worked out together on their own so timing looks good on routes. Depth is about the best at all positions we have ever seen. We'll find out if we miss a beat with our key losses. No apparent problems with injuries. Talent level is up. Speed off the charts. Expect improvement on the D especially in the backfield which ahs experience and depth.

Unknown with new coaches but the players seem to like them. Personally I feel good about Silverfield. He is a players coach who won't be out worked.

AAC has five teams with good upsides. We could be a better team and still lose a couple of conference games. Don't think so but...

Proofs on the field. Hope we are.

Some of the burbs are practicing but SCS is behind. Doesn't appear in Memphis any breakouts are threatening but North Miss overall is having control issues. Maybe one school with sports related cases.
08-14-2020 01:10 PM
covingtontiger Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Memphis Tigers

Donators
Re High School football

Tipton County is on go to play prep football. Covington opens the season on 8/21 versus Munford. Ticket sales for this game (usually a sellout) will be limited to 1000 (750 for home, 250 for visitors).

Tipton County schools have re-arranged their schedules to drop Shelby County schools (not playing) and pick up other West TN schools. One coach compared it in the Covington paper to JV or freshman football, where one coach calls another and says "Y'all want to play a game Friday night?"

We live in interesting times.
08-14-2020 02:04 PM
Advertisement

Tiger87 Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Memphis
Crowd size for 1st game expected to be 4,500 capacity - with the SCHD mandating 12 feet distancing between groups.
No known outbreaks so far on the team. Last I heard (before practice started) is that they had conducted about 200 tests and all had been negative.
I don't think Shelby Co district schools are going to start football anytime soon. We also have a writer with a loud voice saying it's immoral for the governor to allow any football to be played anywhere.
08-14-2020 02:24 PM
africavol Offline
Special Teams

(08-14-2020 02:24 PM)Tiger87 Wrote:  Crowd size for 1st game expected to be 4,500 capacity - with the SCHD mandating 12 feet distancing between groups.
No known outbreaks so far on the team. Last I heard (before practice started) is that they had conducted about 200 tests and all had been negative.
I don't think Shelby Co district schools are going to start football anytime soon. We also have a writer with a loud voice saying it's immoral for the governor to allow any football to be played anywhere.

wow on the writer saying that
200 tests and all negative... sounds like a really good job by your athletic trainers and medical staff
my thoughts yes virus is horrible but really hits the over 70 crowd hard
25 years and under seasonal flu looks to be several times worse for that age group
the entire cancel sports deal seems to be very political ...and we know the bunch that wants everything shut down the next several months until Nov...just my thoughts
hope we see a bunch of college football next month!!!
08-14-2020 02:34 PM
Advertisement

memphisike Offline
Heisman

I Root For: memphis tigers
Why u boys come on over and play us or we'll come to your place
It seems both teams have a open date and we don't mind traveling
Would prefer u visit us
08-14-2020 04:24 PM
aardWolf Online
Heisman

I Root For: Memphis Tigers
Governor of Mississippi today issued an order that there could be no more than 2 spectators per athlete at K-12 extracurricular activities.

https://mageenews.com/governor-extendssa...rnIr9CZpXA
(This post was last modified: 08-14-2020 04:35 PM by aardWolf.)
08-14-2020 04:35 PM
Advertisement

ha8ut Offline
Strong and Fat

I Root For: The Burbs
(08-14-2020 04:24 PM)memphisike Wrote:  Why u boys come on over and play us or we'll come to your place
It seems both teams have an open date and we don't mind traveling
Would prefer u visit us

Hey Vul my boy asked you a question.

08-14-2020 09:05 PM
memphisike Offline
Heisman

Yes Ike asked the Dude a simple question and
CRICKETS
08-14-2020 11:05 PM
Advertisement

africavol Offline
Special Teams

(08-14-2020 04:24 PM)memphisike Wrote:  Why u boys come on over and play us or we'll come to your place
It seems both teams have a open date and we don't mind traveling
Would prefer u visit us

Would love to see Memphis and the Vols play against each other in football again...Memphis has been the better program the last several years ...nice to see your success on the gridiron...also think my Vols are coming back although I have thought that a couple of times in the last 10 years but it's ended up being fools gold...we shall see...I just wanna see college football this fall
08-15-2020 10:00 AM
memphisike Offline
Heisman

AfricaVol,
Ike iis pushing our A.D. to fill a open date with utk
I hope you can do the same in Knoxvull, the game would be fun for both programs and fans
Do what u can do and Ike will work his end.
We'll get together and grab a beer and have a good time
Let's get busy
08-15-2020 08:35 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.