Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

50 Most Beautiful College Campuses
TexanMark Online
Legend

I Root For: Syracuse
50 Most Beautiful College Campuses
ACC leads the way. Most of any conference.

Duke, Syracuse, UNC, Notre Dame, UVA, Virginia Tech and Wake Forest

https://www.cntraveler.com/galleries/201...verso=true
08-13-2020 09:58 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

bullet Offline
Legend

I Root For: Texas, UK, UGA
RE: 50 Most Beautiful College Campuses
(08-13-2020 09:58 PM)TexanMark Wrote:  ACC leads the way. Most of any conference.

Sounds like someone who never travels beyond the east coast. No Emory, no Texas, no Miami O., no Colorado.

Think Rice and Air Force are the only ones he had that weren't on the Atlantic, Pacific or Great Lakes.
08-13-2020 10:08 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
IWokeUpLikeThis Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: NIU, Chicago St
How many campuses has the author toured?

I feel like the schools David‘s stepped foot on — Colorado Mines, Colorado Mesa, Upper Iowa — are hidden gems.
08-13-2020 10:51 PM
bill dazzle Offline
Craft beer and urban living enthusiast

I Root For: Vandy/Memphis/DePaul/UNC
I have visited (some much more so than others) 18 of the 50.

A fairly strong list overall.
08-13-2020 11:09 PM
MWC Tex Offline
Heisman

I Root For: MW
At first I thought it was going to be all large colleges. Good to see the small ones on there too.

A couple that could in the top 50 that I been to are Willamette University in Salem, OR and Lewis & Clark University in Portland, OR.
08-14-2020 07:30 AM
HiddenDragon Offline
Banned

I Root For:
BlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk Award
(08-13-2020 09:58 PM)TexanMark Wrote:  ACC leads the way. Most of any conference.

It's a subjective list. But those are some beautiful campuses.
08-14-2020 07:58 AM
Advertisement

allerretour Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For: rice, naturally
Of the academies, Annapolis always appealed to me the most. West Point has a beautiful setting, but Bancroft Hall is the single most impressive campus building I've seen. I've got diploma's from two on the list (yeah), but so many beautiful campuses in the US, in so many styles. A few on here I'd never heard mentioned that I'd love to visit now.
08-14-2020 08:17 AM
esayem Offline
Hark The Sound!

I Root For: Olde Ironclad
(08-13-2020 10:08 PM)bullet Wrote:  Sounds like someone who never travels beyond the east coast. No Emory, no Texas, no Miami O., no Colorado.

Think Rice and Air Force are the only ones he had that weren't on the Atlantic, Pacific or Great Lakes.

SMU, Utah, and St. John’s in Santa Fe. Rhodes in Memphis, and Vandy. I don’t consider Siena in your categories either, although it is an Atlantic state.
(This post was last modified: 08-14-2020 08:37 AM by esayem.)
08-14-2020 08:31 AM
bullet Offline
Legend

I Root For: Texas, UK, UGA
(08-14-2020 08:31 AM)esayem Wrote:  
(08-13-2020 10:08 PM)bullet Wrote:  Sounds like someone who never travels beyond the east coast. No Emory, no Texas, no Miami O., no Colorado.

SMU, Utah, and St. John’s in Santa Fe. Rhodes in Memphis, and Vandy. I don’t consider Siena in your categories either, although it is an Atlantic state.

Forgot about those.

I think I counted 11 I have been on from his list. A bunch I've been nearby but never on the campus, Columbia, Vandy, UNC, Duke (been on NCSU's campus but not the others in the triangle) and a number of the others.
08-14-2020 08:45 AM
usffan Offline
Heisman

I Root For: USF
(08-14-2020 08:31 AM)esayem Wrote:  

You're telling me that the majority of the campuses he picked are in states that are on a coastline or lakefront of one of the Great Lakes? Sort of like how 31 of the 50 states do the same?

[Image: e704d7ce-7e29-4682-8e6a-b7295b9c63d4~rs_768.h]

Mizzou, Baylor... this really wasn't a well thought out criticism. I find that people's opinions of beautiful campuses fairly subjective, and this guy seems to think it's almost all about the architecture. Though kudos for going with Salve Regina - the old mansions that make up most of that campus are pretty spectacular.

USFFan
08-14-2020 10:05 AM
MU88 Offline
1st String

I Root For:
The list is interesting, but it is pretty subjective. Some of the campus have cool architecture, but are either in crappy areas (U of Chicago) or overall, nothing special (Wake Forest, the biggest surprise on the list to me). The grounds of Air Force are great, but the actually buildings on campus, not so great, ugly mid-20th century. Georgetown is okay. The area was really great. But, campus isn't that different from Drake. My daughter hated Harvard's campus, but thought MIT's was really cool. I thought Delaware is a great campus. Iowa State is surprisingly nice. Wash U is very nice.
08-14-2020 10:20 AM
Advertisement

NJ2MDTerp Offline
1st String

I Root For: Maryland
I'm surprised UTEP didn't make the cut with its unique Tibetan-Bhutanese architectural style.
08-14-2020 10:48 AM
Love and Honor Offline
Skipper

I Root For: Miami, MACtion
(08-14-2020 10:20 AM)MU88 Wrote:  The list is interesting, but it is pretty subjective. Some of the campus have cool architecture, but are either in crappy areas (U of Chicago) or overall, nothing special (Wake Forest, the biggest surprise on the list to me). The grounds of Air Force are great, but the actually buildings on campus, not so great, ugly mid-20th century. Georgetown is okay. The area was really great. But, campus isn't that different from Drake. My daughter hated Harvard's campus, but thought MIT's was really cool. I thought Delaware is a great campus. Iowa State is surprisingly nice. Wash U is very nice.

U of Chicago is in a good neighborhood, its just close to parts of the city that are absolute hellholes but they're buffered by a few parks and interstates.

Robert Frost once described Miami as "the most beautiful campus there ever was." Any omission from a Top 50 list is a big mistake.
08-14-2020 10:51 AM
RobtheAggie Online
1st String

I Root For: NMSU
As a Del grad, I love the campus. I really love the campus at ISU as well. Lots and lots of trees. Montana is really pretty as well. I love mountains, so I would prefer those over beach access like FGSU. Salve Regina is really cool as well. Missouri is nice, but really flat.
(This post was last modified: 08-14-2020 11:09 AM by RobtheAggie.)
08-14-2020 11:05 AM
Michael in Raleigh Online
All American

I Root For: App State
App State's architecture is really nice, but not at all in the same class with many of the schools on this list. It's the setting in the Blue Ridge Mountains and the beautiful Town of Boone that makes it a pretty campus.
(This post was last modified: 08-14-2020 11:16 AM by Michael in Raleigh.)
08-14-2020 11:16 AM
All American

My wife and I used to visit campuses for fun (before kids). I think my favorite was Indiana University. The limestone buildings, beautiful city of Bloomington, and the quads just really stood out to me.

Others I have been to that I think are gorgeous are Duke, UNC, Elon, College of Charleston, Flagler College, Richmond, Virginia, William and Mary, and Notre Dame.
08-14-2020 11:20 AM
Advertisement

georgia_tech_swagger Offline
Res publica non dominetur

I Root For: GT, USCU, FU, WYO

SkunkworksFolding@NCAAbbsNCAAbbs LUGCrappies
If they didn't include Furman I was going to write them off quickly. I see they did.
08-14-2020 11:23 AM
DFW HOYA Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Georgetown
It appeals to its high net worth readers, the kind whose kids go to school on the coasts or who sent their kids to places like Vandy or SMU.
08-14-2020 11:24 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
IWokeUpLikeThis Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: NIU, Chicago St
(08-14-2020 11:20 AM)Michael in Raleigh Wrote:  My wife and I used to visit campuses for fun (before kids). I think my favorite was Indiana University. The limestone buildings, beautiful city of Bloomington, and the quads just really stood out to me.

Indiana is all limestone but 2 red brick buildings.

Purdue is all red brick but 2 limestone buildings.
08-14-2020 11:25 AM
All American

(08-14-2020 11:23 AM)georgia_tech_swagger Wrote:  If they didn't include Furman I was going to write them off quickly. I see they did.

I grew up in Greenville, and my parents live right across the street from Furman. I'm probably blinded by bias in just being too used to it, but I think (gasp) that Furman's beauty is overrated. The architecture outside of the bell tower and the chapel is nothing amazing. It's all about the bell tower, lake, and Paris Mountain for Furman. I don't think that's enough to put Furman in the same class with other campuses I have been to.

Then again, maybe I just take Furman for granted.
08-14-2020 11:29 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.