Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Official-no fall championships in NCAA
bullet Offline
Legend

I Root For: Texas, UK, UGA
Official-no fall championships in NCAA
https://www.cbssports.com/college-footba...l-in-2020/

So soccer, field hockey, volleyball and cross-country are out.
(This post was last modified: 08-13-2020 05:37 PM by bullet.)
08-13-2020 05:35 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

46566 Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: Gonzaga
RE: Official-no fall championships in NCAA
Based off of ESPN's article FCS officially at least no FCS championship.though it was brought up earlier here.

https://www.espn.com/college-sports/stor...s-pandemic

I'm curious is it possible to pass a temporary thing for this fall should college football happen to allow the remaining FCS conferences to be eligible for the bowls? Maybe give the remaining FCS teams something to play for?
08-13-2020 06:07 PM
bullet Offline
Legend

I Root For: Texas, UK, UGA
(08-13-2020 06:07 PM)46566 Wrote:  Based off of ESPN's article FCS officially at least no FCS championship.though it was brought up earlier here.

I'm curious is it possible to pass a temporary thing for this fall should college football happen to allow the remaining FCS conferences to be eligible for the bowls? Maybe give the remaining FCS teams something to play for?

When the Ohio Valley cancels, there will be no FCS teams left, only a few playing one or two money games.
08-13-2020 07:09 PM
HawaiiMongoose Online
All American

I Root For: Hawaii
From the AP's report on the NCAA's cancellation of fall sports championships:

Earlier in the day, the NCAA’s chief medical officer and two of its infectious disease expert advisers warned the uncontrolled spread of COVID-19 throughout the United States remains an enormous obstacle for college sports to overcome.

“I feel like the Titanic. We have hit the iceberg, and we’re trying to make decisions of what time should we have the band play,” said Dr. Carlos Del Rio, executive associate dean at Emory University.

Del Rio, a member of the NCAA’s COVID-19 advisory panel, appeared with NCAA chief medical officer Dr. Brian Hainline on a webinar hosted by the Infectious Diseases Society of America.

Earlier this week, the Big Ten and Pac-12 became the first Power Five conferences to decide not to play football, or any sports, this fall.

“We need to focus on what’s important,” Del Rio said. “What’s important right now is we need to control this virus. Not having fall sports this year, in controlling this virus, would be to me the No. 1 priority.”
08-13-2020 08:22 PM
Rube Dali Offline
1st String

I Root For: UST, BSU, Minn
There will be no "breakaway" championships this year, per Brett McMurphy:
08-13-2020 10:12 PM
Advertisement

46566 Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: Gonzaga
(08-13-2020 07:09 PM)bullet Wrote:  
(08-13-2020 06:07 PM)46566 Wrote:  Based off of ESPN's article FCS officially at least no FCS championship.though it was brought up earlier here.

When the Ohio Valley cancels, there will be no FCS teams left, only a few playing one or two money games.

I wasn't aware only one FCS conference was left. There goes that then. I was holding the slim (very slim) that we could get a one time interesting bowl season.
08-13-2020 10:51 PM
arkstfan Away
Sorry folks

I Root For: Fresh Starts
76 schools trying to play something similar to a regular season with around 280 sitting.
08-13-2020 11:18 PM
DavidSt Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: ATU, P7
I have to say, no FBS football this season anymore. Athletes are still catching the virus and the schools have to quarantined players for 14 days. There is no way they can do this with the FSU fiasco.
08-14-2020 10:30 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Attackcoog Offline

I Root For: Houston
(08-14-2020 10:30 AM)DavidSt Wrote:  I have to say, no FBS football this season anymore. Athletes are still catching the virus and the schools have to quarantined players for 14 days. There is no way they can do this with the FSU fiasco.

To be fair, most Americans are still working even though some of their co-workers have caught Covid. Its everywhere. The athletes can get it at school---or they can get it at home. Are they being tested twice a week at home? Do they have crews cleaning every surface they touch all day at home? Are all their family and friends following strict contact protocols at home? When the athletes go home---are they going to lock themselves in grandma's basement until 2021---never going to visit their friends or girlfriend? I suspect not.

The reality is the virus--as well as complications from the virus---can hit anyone anywhere. We are well beyond the point of law suits and negligence claims. Like it or not, potential exposure to Covid-19 is now a normal part of living your life--just like the flu or the common cold. All you can do is take precautions and determine--on your own as an individual decision--- what level of interaction with society you are willing to deal with. At this point---nobody can say they arent aware of the virus, its possible risks, and how prevalent it is where you live. Its up to the each person at this point.
(This post was last modified: 08-14-2020 06:15 PM by Attackcoog.)
08-14-2020 11:19 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.