Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Spring 2021 Schedule - Not So Bad
SMUstang Offline
Banned

I Root For: SMU Mustangs
Spring 2021 Schedule - Not So Bad
I think college football should unite and everyone should go to a Spring 2021 schedule. 10 games in the Spring and 10 games in the fall of 2021 or maybe even 8 and 8 and conference only. That would be the safest for the players and fans since there is no cure or vaccine for Covid-19 yet.
08-12-2020 08:54 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Gamecock Offline
All American

I Root For: South Carolina
RE: Spring 2021 Schedule - Not So Bad
I would rather have 0 and then the normal 12 plus CCGs plus bowls

They could even adopt the Iwokeuplikethis plan and start a week early and let every school have a 13th game for extra revenue.

A spring season is going to be so incredibly watered down anyway with players sitting out and no out of conference games that I'd rather not risk injuries, eligibility, etc and lost games in 2021 because of it.
08-12-2020 09:30 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
bluesox Offline
Heisman

I Root For:
Spring 2021 does mess up fall 2021. I guess you could have 10 game conference only schedule staring in February 2021 and again in October 2021. The big 10 and pac 12 could also just have the conference winners just play in the rose bowl and skip the playoffs with rose bowl games in May 2021 and January 2022. Also, read big 10 might play early spring games in NFL domes
(This post was last modified: 08-12-2020 09:42 AM by bluesox.)
08-12-2020 09:34 AM
Advertisement

mturn017 Offline
ODU Homer

I Root For: Old Dominion
I don't see a spring season happening. Maybe a few exhibition style games each plus spring game. I just hope that we're in a better position regarding the virus by then.
08-12-2020 10:29 AM
CardinalJim Offline
Welcome to The New Age

I Root For: Louisville
A commentator on Fox Sports Radio made a comment this morning that I hadn’t heard anyone else make. Knowing how heavily invested in The Big Ten that Fox is, I was surprised he said it.

The commentator said The Big Ten canceled football because it isn’t safe to play, according to them. At the same time 13 of 14 Big Ten schools are welcoming students back to campus this month. These students have less of a support structure than athletes, meaning the constant Covid testing, but The Big Ten schools don’t seem as concerned about those students safety.

The commentator said it was his belief that when the tuition checks clear that The Big Ten will send students home.
I was shocked he said it but thinking about it he could be right.

The same commentator said The Big Ten mentioned playing in the Spring next year. He said if The Big Ten is so concerned about the health of its athletes, how can they expect them to play two “full”:seasons in 10 months. The fatigue on the athletes will lead to more injury. That’s 20 to 24 games (with CFP) in less than a year.

He went on to say that recruiters from The SEC, Big 12 and ACC are already using the fact football was canceled in The Big Ten against them.

Just some interesting comments. I heard will driving but didn’t catch his name. I was hoping someone else here might have heard him.
(This post was last modified: 08-12-2020 11:16 AM by CardinalJim.)
08-12-2020 11:15 AM
DavidSt Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: ATU, P7
(08-12-2020 11:15 AM)CardinalJim Wrote:  A commentator on Fox Sports Radio made a comment this morning that I hadn’t heard anyone else make. Knowing how heavily invested in The Big Ten that Fox is, I was surprised he said it.

The commentator said The Big Ten canceled football because it isn’t safe to play, according to them. At the same time 13 of 14 Big Ten schools are welcoming students back to campus this month. These students have less of a support structure than athletes, meaning the constant Covid testing, but The Big Ten schools don’t seem as concerned about those students safety.

The commentator said it was his belief that when the tuition checks clear that The Big Ten will send students home.
I was shocked he said it but thinking about it he could be right.

The same commentator said The Big Ten mentioned playing in the Spring next year. He said if The Big Ten is so concerned about the health of its athletes, how can they expect them to play two “full”:seasons in 10 months. The fatigue on the athletes will lead to more injury. That’s 20 to 24 games (with CFP) in less than a year.

He went on to say that recruiters from The SEC, Big 12 and ACC are already using the fact football was canceled in The Big Ten against them.

Just some interesting comments. I heard will driving but didn’t catch his name. I was hoping someone else here might have heard him.

He is just an idiot. It is not safe for the players to play this fall anywhere in this country. Don't play the 18, 19 or 20 year olds in the spring. Save them for the fall.
08-12-2020 11:24 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.