Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Nebraska to the SEC?
Statefan Offline
Banned

I Root For: .
Nebraska to the SEC?
Why is it always assumed that if Nebraska left the B10 they would go back to the B12?

Would the SEC be averse to adding them?

Perhaps Nebraska could cajole Iowa, Oklahoma, and Texas to follow them? Iowa and Nebraska get out the demographic die-off and make nearly the same money.
08-11-2020 04:56 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

otown Offline
All American

I Root For: Florida
RE: Nebraska to the SEC?
No thanks
08-11-2020 05:00 PM
IWokeUpLikeThis Online
Hall of Famer

I Root For: NIU, Chicago St
SEC would never do it. No SEC alums live in Nebraska.
08-11-2020 05:03 PM
solohawks Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: UNCW
big 12 should carve any interested Big 10 school into their schedule
08-11-2020 05:05 PM
ken d Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: college sports
I'm not sure which would want this less - Nebraska or the SEC.
08-11-2020 05:09 PM
Advertisement

Gamecock Offline
All American

I Root For: South Carolina
Personally I’d be down
08-11-2020 05:20 PM
bigblueblindness Offline
1st String

I Root For: UK, Lipscomb
(08-11-2020 05:03 PM)IWokeUpLikeThis Wrote:  SEC would never do it. No SEC alums live in Nebraska.

If a bridge was built to Nebraska by also adding Texas, Oklahoma, and Kansas, I think your answer is yes. We would take Iowa for good measure if they wish. Just re-brand as the SELPC (Southeastern Louisiana Purchase Conference).

I can hear the fans chanting at the Sugar Bowl now...

SEL-P-C!!! SEL-P-C!!! SEL-P-C!!!
08-11-2020 06:32 PM
PlayBall! Offline
1st String

I Root For: Kansas & Big XII
Big 10 is the conference of Yankees, and SEC the Rebels. Works out great, IMHO.

Nebraska doesn't fit well with either, culturally, IMHO. That's why we had the Big 8 for the Heartland. Texas and Oklahoma were settled by a lot of Heartland people, as well as others. So, again IMHO, the Big XII is their best fit, especially now that the toxic personality(-ies) are gone.

Or the SEC should go after two really big name Big 10 teams, and give us Mizzou and the Razorbacks (give the two former Big 10 teams their shares immediately so the financial effect on them is minimal).
(This post was last modified: 08-11-2020 06:44 PM by PlayBall!.)
08-11-2020 06:34 PM
BePcr07 Offline
All American

I Root For: Boise St & Zags
(08-11-2020 05:03 PM)IWokeUpLikeThis Wrote:  SEC would never do it. No SEC alums live in Nebraska.

Zero?
08-11-2020 06:35 PM
Advertisement

JRsec Offline
Super Moderator

I Root For: SEC
(08-11-2020 06:34 PM)PlayBall! Wrote:  Big 10 is the conference of Yankees, and SEC the Rebels. Works out great, IMHO.

Nebraska doesn't fit well with either, culturally, IMHO. That's why we had the Big 8 for the Heartland. Texas and Oklahoma were settled by a lot of Heartland people, as well as others. So, again IMHO, the Big XII is their best fit, especially now that the toxic personality(-ies) are gone.

Or the SEC should go after two really big name Big 10 teams, and give us Mizzou and the Razorbacks (give the two former Big 10 teams their shares immediately so the financial effect on them is minimal).

Everyone gets equal shares from Day 1 with no buy in when they join the SEC.

That said if Ohio State and Penn State wanted to join the SEC I would think the conference would listen. 2 AAU state flagship schools in two fairly large population states and 2 schools which routinely sell out 100,000 seat stadia would be vastly appealing because when added to Alabama, Tennessee, L.S.U., Texas A&M, Georgia, Auburn and Florida they are not only joining states in which many of their former alumni now live, but have in their states former alumni of the SEC and the value of the brands playing brands within the conference would probably put the nearly 70 million in SEC projected payouts at no later than 2024, and possibly 2 years sooner, in the range of close to 80 million. per school making it a win win for everyone and putting PSU and OSU into the conference with the best recruiting grounds and playing regularly in those states.

Never say never where a pile a cash is concerned. Add Michigan and Wisconsin and you can take it up another 10 million.07-coffee3
(This post was last modified: 08-11-2020 07:38 PM by JRsec.)
08-11-2020 07:26 PM
RUScarlets Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Rutgers
Spring season and two months off before summer training camp? It’s laughable that people think player safety is the concern. Besides, February March is still flu season. And then you overlap with March Madness and **** on your flagship BBall schools?

A spring season won’t happen, and the athletes that could have done some resume building for the draft get the shaft. What a shame.
08-11-2020 07:32 PM
quo vadis Offline
Legend

I Root For: USF/Georgetown
(08-11-2020 05:05 PM)solohawks Wrote:  big 12 should carve any interested Big 10 school into their schedule

Yes. And wouldn't it be great to seeing UNL playing a Big 12 schedule?
08-11-2020 07:36 PM
quo vadis Offline
Legend

I Root For: USF/Georgetown
(08-11-2020 07:32 PM)RUScarlets Wrote:  Spring season and two months off before summer training camp?

As you say, a Spring Season is a pipe dream. IMO a way for gutless commissioners to avoid saying they've canceled football.
(This post was last modified: 08-11-2020 07:37 PM by quo vadis.)
08-11-2020 07:37 PM
Advertisement

BruceMcF Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Reds/Buckeyes/.
(08-11-2020 07:32 PM)RUScarlets Wrote:  Besides, February March is still flu season.
What does flu season have to do with anything? With the US having a quarter of the worldwide recorded cases (on 4% of world population) in the middle of August, it seems pretty definitive that it's not about whether or not it is "flu season" ... as if there was any doubt after the Australian outbreak in the middle of their summer.

It's rather about whether there are vaccines and cheap home tests.
(This post was last modified: 08-12-2020 01:07 AM by BruceMcF.)
08-12-2020 01:06 AM
Rob3338 Offline
2nd String

I Root For: uc
(08-11-2020 04:56 PM)Statefan Wrote:  Why is it always assumed that if Nebraska left the B10 they would go back to the B12?

Perhaps Nebraska could cajole Iowa, Oklahoma, and Texas to follow them? Iowa and Nebraska get out the demographic die-off and make nearly the same money.

Nebraska does not own their TV rights, those are owned by the Big 10. Nebraska is going nowhere.

I for one think they would win a few games in the SEC or Big 12. Not many games mind you but a few.
08-12-2020 03:02 AM
XLance Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Carolina
(08-11-2020 04:56 PM)Statefan Wrote:  Why is it always assumed that if Nebraska left the B10 they would go back to the B12?

Nebraska would be a worse fit for the SEC than Missouri.
08-12-2020 04:41 AM
bullet Offline
Legend

I Root For: Texas, UK, UGA
(08-11-2020 07:32 PM)RUScarlets Wrote:  Spring season and two months off before summer training camp? It’s laughable that people think player safety is the concern. Besides, February March is still flu season. And then you overlap with March Madness and **** on your flagship BBall schools?

A spring season won’t happen, and the athletes that could have done some resume building for the draft get the shaft. What a shame.

Lots of sports train year round.
08-12-2020 05:28 PM
Advertisement

USAFMEDIC Offline
Heisman

I Root For: MIZZOU/FSU/USM
(08-12-2020 04:41 AM)XLance Wrote:  

Nebraska would be a worse fit for the SEC than Missouri.
And here you are... jealous?
08-12-2020 11:08 PM
murrdcu Offline
1st String

I Root For: Arkansas
(08-11-2020 07:26 PM)JRsec Wrote:  
(08-11-2020 06:34 PM)PlayBall! Wrote:  Big 10 is the conference of Yankees, and SEC the Rebels. Works out great, IMHO.

Everyone gets equal shares from Day 1 with no buy in when they join the SEC.

That said if Ohio State and Penn State wanted to join the SEC I would think the conference would listen. 2 AAU state flagship schools in two fairly large population states and 2 schools which routinely sell out 100,000 seat stadia would be vastly appealing because when added to Alabama, Tennessee, L.S.U., Texas A&M, Georgia, Auburn and Florida they are not only joining states in which many of their former alumni now live, but have in their states former alumni of the SEC and the value of the brands playing brands within the conference would probably put the nearly 70 million in SEC projected payouts at no later than 2024, and possibly 2 years sooner, in the range of close to 80 million. per school making it a win win for everyone and putting PSU and OSU into the conference with the best recruiting grounds and playing regularly in those states.

Never say never where a pile a cash is concerned. Add Michigan and Wisconsin and you can take it up another 10 million.07-coffee3

The new TV model is based viewers And subscribtions they’ll purchase. Nebraska will easily handle that and also add nice match ups for Teir 1 and two. Also, they might help entice OU to join as well someday.
08-13-2020 10:44 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.