Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Is your school adding nonconference games
Kyle-from-LaGrange Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For: East Carolina
Is your school adding nonconference games
Obviously Navy added BYU and Tulane Added southern miss but what about the rest of you? Is your school actively pursuing nonconference games for the 2020 season? East Carolina athletic director John Gilbert said yesterday he was comfortable staying at 10 but I think that might change.
08-06-2020 06:44 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

MidknightWhiskey Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: UCF
RE: Is your school adding nonconference games
UCF's AD stated we are looking for a week 1 matchup. We're planning on playing a 12 game schedule with GT, FIU & FAMU scheduled on their original dates. UNC would be the only one breaking from that.
08-06-2020 07:14 PM
SMUleopold Offline
1st String

I Root For: Guess, genius..
We're gonna struggle to find someone to play, especially if the FCS doesn't suit up. Granted, the Big XII is going to lose all their remaining non-con games and might look at us (or another AAC team) but we'll lose a game and be down to 10 before we even replace TCU.
08-06-2020 07:24 PM
CA Mustang Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For: SMU
(08-06-2020 07:24 PM)SMUleopold Wrote:  We're gonna struggle to find someone to play, especially if the FCS doesn't suit up. Granted, the Big XII is going to lose all their remaining non-con games and might look at us (or another AAC team) but we'll lose a game and be down to 10 before we even replace TCU.
Is the Southland going to pull the plug on the season?
08-06-2020 07:36 PM
IamYourDad Offline
Banned

(08-06-2020 07:14 PM)MidknightWhiskey Wrote:  UCF's AD stated we are looking for a week 1 matchup. We're planning on playing a 12 game schedule with GT, FIU & FAMU scheduled on their original dates. UNC would be the only one breaking from that.

I would get BYU if I was Danny White. Not sure how good they are going to be this season but we should beat them
08-06-2020 07:39 PM
covingtontiger Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Memphis Tigers

Donators
Memphis lost our game at Purdue. Our AD today announced that we will not replace that game, but will play 11 games this year.
08-06-2020 08:45 PM
Advertisement

panicstricken Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Tulsa
Tulsa kept its Poke game

bc flagship
08-06-2020 09:31 PM
rath v2.0 Offline
Wartime Consigliere

I Root For: Civil Disobedience

Donators
UC better. May have zero OOC games otherwise. Lost the Nebraska game and the two MAC games are about to vanish. FCS is considering shutting down for the year so that one would be gone, too.
08-06-2020 09:50 PM
Sideshow2313 Offline
1st String

FCS will not shut down, if they move past 50% all postseason would canceled. There is way too much $ in FCS playoff.

So either no more teams call off season OR every FCS takes season off and it hoses everybody.
08-07-2020 12:19 AM
CoastalJuan Offline
Business Drunk

I Root For: ECU
(08-06-2020 06:44 PM)Kyle-from-LaGrange Wrote:  Obviously Navy added BYU and Tulane Added southern miss but what about the rest of you? Is your school actively pursuing nonconference games for the 2020 season? East Carolina athletic director John Gilbert said yesterday he was comfortable staying at 10 but I think that might change.

Yeah his statement was pretty ambiguous. They are happy with 10 and will be talking to teams. Page out of Asesco's book. We're trying to get another opponent. If we don't, just want everyone to know that we weren't really trying and that our schedule is great how it is.
08-07-2020 07:57 AM
Once a Knight... Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: UCF Knights
(08-06-2020 09:50 PM)rath v2.0 Wrote:  UC better. May have zero OOC games otherwise. Lost the Nebraska game and the two MAC games are about to vanish. FCS is considering shutting down for the year so that one would be gone, too.

Why losing the two MAC games? Especially Miami (OH)?
08-07-2020 08:29 AM
Advertisement

Sideshow2313 Offline
1st String

Hopefully FCS is not canceled (I don't think ESPN will allow it) or UCF would lose FAMU game and need to add a game.
08-07-2020 08:58 AM
Flying Bearcat v 2.0 Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For: WhoIwant 2win
(08-07-2020 08:29 AM)Once a Knight... Wrote:  
(08-06-2020 09:50 PM)rath v2.0 Wrote:  UC better. May have zero OOC games otherwise. Lost the Nebraska game and the two MAC games are about to vanish. FCS is considering shutting down for the year so that one would be gone, too.

Supposedly, the MAC might announce 9 Conference + 1 OOC game. Both Miami and WMU are getting paydays from ACC teams. This is while both of our games are home and homes.
08-07-2020 11:56 AM
MidknightWhiskey Offline
Special Teams

MAC hasn't made any official announcement for scheduling but without payday games they all lose money on football, they might be following Uconn on cancelling the season if they can't get those games.

This could be and should be the year schools take a good hard look at their financials and what if any support they have from students, alumni and their community for football and make a good business decision. Anywhere from 1/3 - 1/4 of FBS should at least go to FCS to make it affordable.
08-07-2020 11:59 AM
Once a Knight... Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: UCF Knights
(08-07-2020 11:56 AM)Flying Bearcat v 2.0 Wrote:  

Supposedly, the MAC might announce 9 Conference + 1 OOC game. Both Miami and WMU are getting paydays from ACC teams. This is while both of our games are home and homes.

Oh I thought they were 8+ up to 4 like the AAC, SunBelt, C-USA.
08-07-2020 01:18 PM
BraveKnight Offline
All American

(08-07-2020 11:59 AM)MidknightWhiskey Wrote:  

MAC hasn't made any official announcement for scheduling but without payday games they all lose money on football, they might be following Uconn on cancelling the season if they can't get those games.

This could be and should be the year schools take a good hard look at their financials and what if any support they have from students, alumni and their community for football and make a good business decision. Anywhere from 1/3 - 1/4 of FBS should at least go to FCS to make it affordable.
70% of the MAC needs to be FCS anyways
08-07-2020 01:19 PM
Advertisement

Foreverandever Offline
Heisman

I Root For: &
If you have FCS games go ahead and cross them out, there are like 50 that haven't cancelled will most likely try for a spring season.

I expect we will see the MAC of MAC teams now out shortly. This is the slow strangling death. CUSA may survive on numbers alone, buy half of them won't be able to play. Sunbelt is on the clock.

Covid is going to seperate the FBS in to its final form by the time it is done. Anyone playing in the fall will be considered differently than those forced into spring or to cancel. If everyone cancels some programs will be done, some will just zombie along a year or two but by the end of the next 4 year recruiting cycle this will be sorted.
08-07-2020 05:41 PM
JHG722 Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Temple
We lost Idaho, Miami, and Rutgers. UMass is TBD, but they're probably going to have to shut the program down if they don't play this year. No idea what else is on the horizon. Haven't heard anything yet, but UConn and Pitt are no longer options which sucks.
08-07-2020 05:51 PM
Thewavefan Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: Tulane
We added Southern Miss for an easy win. Wish I could be there for that massacre.
08-07-2020 06:23 PM
Flying Bearcat v 2.0 Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For: WhoIwant 2win
(08-07-2020 05:51 PM)JHG722 Wrote:  We lost Idaho, Miami, and Rutgers. UMass is TBD, but they're probably going to have to shut the program down if they don't play this year. No idea what else is on the horizon. Haven't heard anything yet, but UConn and Pitt are no longer options which sucks.

Pitt's OOC spot might come open if the MAC decides to not play this Fall. They currently have Miami University on the schedule.
08-07-2020 06:27 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.